PDA

View Full Version : you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary

500grains
02-23-11, 11:36
I assume the left wing press will take at least as much offense to this remark as they did to Sarah Palin's surveyor symbol.

Rep. Michael Capuano (D-Mass.) fired up a group of union members in Boston ... "Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/145627-dem-lawmaker-on-labor-protests-get-a-little-bloody-when-necessary

Palin's map which [B]allegedly caused the shooting of Congresswoman Giffords.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_let8owHwzf1qcf2yso1_400.jpg

GermanSynergy
02-23-11, 11:37
No offense, but you should consider opening a blog.

RancidSumo
02-23-11, 11:59
What is the point of this thread? See, this is the problem. Start threads if you want but actually put some substance in them so that there is something to discuss, otherwise it is just you using GD as your own personal little pulpit.

On the first page, you now have four threads. Three of them had nothing to even discuss and the fourth was a topic that pretty much every single person on this forum agrees on. I just don't understand what you are trying to accomplish with all of these threads.

Cagemonkey
02-23-11, 12:07
Imagine if a non Democrat said this.

Littlelebowski
02-23-11, 12:15
Again, blog.

500grains
02-23-11, 12:33
Do you guys go down to the public library and ask them to throw out the books that you do not wish to read?

Or do you just walk past those books without opening them?

[note: The above contains a hint.]

500grains
02-23-11, 12:36
What is the point of this thread? See, this is the problem. Start threads if you want but actually put some substance in them so that there is something to discuss, otherwise it is just you using GD as your own personal little pulpit.

So you do not think that a lawmaker urging union members to violence is worth discussing?

And how about the double standard of how harmless symbolism used by a conservative results in relentless vilification, but when a leftist urges actual violence, the mainstream press ignores it?

Nothing to discuss? ??

Irish
02-23-11, 12:47
Do you guys go down to the public library and ask them to throw out the books that you do not wish to read?

Or do you just walk past those books without opening them?

[note: The above contains a hint.]

I'll wade in... It's not the fact that you start threads, some actually quite interesting, it's that you start so many and so often. Some of the frustration people are exhibiting is due to this fact. You might possibly try to reevaluate what your criteria is for starting a thread and go from there. Best of luck!

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-23-11, 12:50
No offense, but you should consider opening a blog.

LOL i could not have said it better.

GermanSynergy
02-23-11, 12:55
It's not that I disagree with you, but if you opened a blog I'd be sure to read it often. It's a more concise and organized way to get your ideas out there. Just food for thought.

Jerm
02-23-11, 13:00
So you do not think that a lawmaker urging union members to violence is worth discussing?

And how about the double standard of how harmless symbolism used by a conservative results in relentless vilification, but when a leftist urges actual violence, the mainstream press ignores it?

Nothing to discuss? ??

If every piece of dumb shit that a lefty says is going to be a discussion there won't be room for anything else.

This could easily be dismissed as metaphorical... Just because some idiots tried to blame Palin for a metaphorical piece means we should do the same?

If it's so discussion worthy than how come your original post was so lacking in content?

"Drive-by posting" comes to mind with most of your threads. A link and/or a short quote and off to starting the next thread. NTM they're soooo predictable

RancidSumo
02-23-11, 13:05

Nothing to discuss? ??

I think that when we already have had about 5000 threads about unions, double standards in politics, and stupid lawmakers. I'm sure that this could have fit into an existing thread since there is nothing really substantial in this thread.

Look at the thread, "Top or Interesting Economic and Political Articles". That is how you should handle posting dozens of links with very little to no original content of your own and very little to actually discuss.

Sry0fcr
02-23-11, 13:17
I'll wade in... It's not the fact that you start threads, some actually quite interesting, it's that you start so many and so often. Some of the frustration people are exhibiting is due to this fact. You might possibly try to reevaluate what your criteria is for starting a thread and go from there. Best of luck!

This. No offense dude, but this ain't Twitter. Blogspot is free and you might even be able to cash in a little bit with adwords or something.

500grains
02-23-11, 13:41

Well I don't want to overwhelm anyone with new threads. At the rate of 1 thread per day, I did not anticipate folks getting sideways. :confused::):)

Belmont31R
02-23-11, 13:49
If you don't want to read something then don't. If you think someone is posting too much talk to a mod or site staff. I don't see the point in spamming his threads constantly complaining. If I don't want to read something I don't click on it. How hard is this?

jwfuhrman
02-23-11, 14:06
I actually like seeing his posts, its a good read and interesting.

rickrock305
02-23-11, 15:19
If you don't want to read something then don't. If you think someone is posting too much talk to a mod or site staff. I don't see the point in spamming his threads constantly complaining. If I don't want to read something I don't click on it. How hard is this?

This.

You know, personal responsibility and all.

As for the OP, its more of the hateful political rhetoric that unfortunately has become all too common. Instead of actually talking about problems and solutions, we get this drivel to whip up the base. Its really no better or worse than Palin's nonsense. Its all crap and all it does is further polarize the people to allow these nuts to consolidate their power.

czydj
02-23-11, 15:51
I'm glad you post this stuff up and agree with the comments if you no likeee no reedeee... :D