PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this a FAKE AR-15?

Rmplstlskn
02-23-11, 17:00
Isn't this a FAKE AR-15? An airsoft or something?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRN7lWem3oE

No upper/lower break, no roll marks...

Rmpl

bkb0000
02-23-11, 17:01
link? pic?

Rmplstlskn
02-23-11, 17:03
link? pic?

Sorry, El Snatcho showed up... Fixed...

bkb0000
02-23-11, 17:07
el snatcho? gonna have to look that one up.

it definitely looks funky, but if you look right toward the end of the video, it does appear to have a seam between upper and lower- right about 2:30 or so. might just be a plastic impression, to look like a seam, which is why it's hard to see...

im kinda thinking airsoft. too detailed to be a rubber duck, too chinsey looking to be real. but who knows. comment on it, see if he BSs.

Skyyr
02-23-11, 17:07
Looks like airsoft, based on the single hole in the floorplate of the magazine.

d90king
02-23-11, 17:08
Not sure, and I dont care because I like the guy :dirol: Preach it!:D

Looks like a bb gun or something...

BrianS
02-23-11, 17:16
el snatcho? gonna have to look that one up.

it definitely looks funky, but if you look right toward the end of the video, it does appear to have a seam between upper and lower- right about 2:30 or so. might just be a plastic impression, to look like a seam, which is why it's hard to see...

im kinda thinking airsoft. too detailed to be a rubber duck, too chinsey looking to be real. but who knows. comment on it, see if he BSs.

I thought I saw a line too, and I thought it looked like a preban barrel crown setup during the brief time I could see the end, along with no bayo lug. I haven't ever seen an airsoft gun with a preban barrel setup.

Mag does look funky though, what do those old school plastic canadian mags (Thermold?) look like?

bkb0000
02-23-11, 17:33
i do spy a gas tube between the face and delta ring... do airsoft rifles generally have fake gas tubes?

the mag looks like a tapco POS

Cagemonkey
02-23-11, 17:53
Looks real. The magazine is a Thermold and they have a hole in the magazine base plate.

Rmplstlskn
02-23-11, 17:57
I just got OWNED calling him out on it... He posted a video just for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXYF2ZM02A&feature=feedu

Man, I thought that was a fake... No roll marks and all...

Rmpl

rob_s
02-23-11, 18:00

Rmpl

that guy friggin' rocks. :lol:

Skyyr
02-23-11, 18:05

Rmpl

BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Rmplstlskn
02-23-11, 18:16
Yep, major ownage... Lesson learned... Don't be quick to judge...

Rmpl

Mac5.56
02-23-11, 18:31
That is absolutely hilarious! "[Click].... And I'm sure you heard it click."

Oh man, this needs to be a sticky!

Thomas M-4
02-23-11, 18:41
BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:lol:

After looking at the first video it did kinda look airsoft but I have never seen a pre-ban style airsoft config but anythings possible.

Rock on pastor !

Ask him if the gas key is staked :sarcastic: This is M4C after all..

Rmplstlskn
02-23-11, 18:42
Man, I am getting brutalized in the video comments...

Seriously, though, who makes a lower with no roll marks?
Maybe one of those 80% lowers and he had it completed?

Rmpl

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-23-11, 19:21
I would hate to chat that guy up. I would be pinned down there for hours out gunned to say the least. You realy touched a nerve calling it fake or what ever, I think he took it kind of hard. He would be a guy I want on my side however just out on a flank somewhere.

Cagemonkey
02-23-11, 19:28
Rmpl, invite that guy over to M4C. He'd probably could learn alot.

Artos
02-23-11, 19:45
Rmpl, invite that guy over to M4C. He'd probably could learn alot.

this...could be a hoot!!

can you imagine if he is an oly/dpms fan and finds the list!!

jaxman7
02-23-11, 19:54
This guy needs to be a member here! Obama should've gone to his church.

-Jax

ssracer
02-23-11, 20:01
I think I'll be subscribing to his youtube channel...

The_War_Wagon
02-23-11, 20:06
I don't have time to make up a fake identity for YouTube ;) - somebody find out where Brother Dowell is the preacher, so I can look him up and touch base. We gotta compare notes! :D

jaxman7
02-23-11, 20:15
There is a small write up of him on Ron Paul's website The Daily Paul:

http://www.dailypaul.com/151432/everybody-needs-a-hero

It says his church is in rural Tennessee but I can't find out where exactly.

-Jax

ETA: Found it. This looks like him.
http://straitwaytruth.com/artman/publish/cat_index_117.shtml#top
Its in Lafayette,TN.

I don't have time to make up a fake identity for YouTube ;) - somebody find out where Brother Dowell is the preacher, so I can look him up and touch base. We gotta compare notes! :D

ucrt
02-23-11, 20:16
this...could be a hoot!!

can you imagine if he is an oly/dpms fan and finds the list!!

==============================

That would be where we find out what kind of "man" he is....

Could be interesting!

Magic_Salad0892
02-23-11, 20:19
''MY WIFE WOULD BE VERY UPSET BECAUSE I JUST PUT A BULLET THROUGH OUR ROOF!''

pilotguyo540
02-23-11, 20:41
I have tears in my eyes!

bkb0000
02-23-11, 20:45
that was pretty awesome. everyone should invite him over.

jaxman7
02-23-11, 20:54
I just sent him an invitation through his email address on his church website to join up. Hopefully we'll hear from him.

-Jax

Quiet-Matt
02-23-11, 21:11
Man, I am getting brutalized in the video comments...

Seriously, though, who makes a lower with no roll marks?
Maybe one of those 80% lowers and he had it completed?

Rmpl

At about 1 minute into the first video I think I saw a roll mark.

Rmplstlskn
02-23-11, 21:37
Pastor Dowell just emailed me, said he was taking the "response video" to me down as it had served its purpose and he did not want it used to beat me down further... But it was a classic owning...

Quite a man, that Pastor Dowell...

Rmpl

SteyrAUG
02-23-11, 22:48
Pastor Dowell just emailed me, said he was taking the "response video" to me down as it had served its purpose and he did not want it used to beat me down further... But it was a classic owning...

Quite a man, that Pastor Dowell...

Rmpl

Meh, he took the opportunity of somebody "questioning him" to denounce all "doubters" as professional hypocrites.

God forbid anybody be skeptical and not simply accept everything at face value. Otherwise they might not believe all the other bullshit you are peddling.

I guess he doesn't grasp that if everyone had that mindset we'd all still be worshiping Zues and the other Gods of Mt. Olympus, lest we be "professional hypocrites."

So while I can find his stance on firearms admirable, and ironic given many of the Christian "critics" responding to his videos, the rest is nothing more than another guy with something to peddle who has a problem when people "question his wares."

And that doesn't impress me at all.

Rmplstlskn
02-24-11, 06:25
So while I can find his stance on firearms admirable, and ironic given many of the Christian "critics" responding to his videos

Actually, he would steer you to one of his other videos telling you how he is NOT a Christian in any way or form...

Pastor Dowell on Christianity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkhUsj14qqo)

Rmpl

chadbag
02-24-11, 10:42
Actually, he would steer you to one of his other videos telling you how he is NOT a Christian in any way or form...

Rmpl

Interesting. I did not listen to the whole thing, but did listen for a while, but he is not railing against Christianity (ie belief in Christ), he is railing against the multitude of different sects proclaiming Christianity. And his focus on Israel as the covenant people.

Rmplstlskn
02-24-11, 11:47
A further email with Pastor Dowell and I, we both agreed the video serves a good purpose back up for public viewing...

Pastor Dowell's FAKE AR-15... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXYF2ZM02A)

Skyyr
02-24-11, 11:52

Rmpl

He's referring to not being a Christian in terms of religion, but he is a believer in Christ.

SteyrAUG
02-24-11, 12:13

Rmpl

The point is the same, he is still selling wares based upon faith alone and criticizes any who question what is being offered.

Rmplstlskn
02-24-11, 12:22
The point is the same, he is still selling wares based upon faith alone and criticizes any who question what is being offered.

I think we do the same thing all the time in life... We believe something to be true, tangible or intangible, and we act on that belief, and we often ponder why people don't see it the same way as we do based upon whatever evidense we accepted in that formation of belief...

But as with most things of this nature, one can take it or leave it... No gun to the head. His words of criticism should mean nothing to one who rejects the whole premise...

Rmpl

Rmplstlskn
02-24-11, 12:41
He's referring to not being a Christian in terms of religion, but he is a believer in Christ.

This is why DETAILS matter, and why so many do not understand the path people like Pastor Dowell are on... Culture & traditions...

Christ is from the roman word "christos." Every roman god, and there are a lot of them, was a CHRIST. So what CHRIST does he believe in? Mithras? Jupiter? Venus? Jesus?

Technically, Christianity, the religion, is a roman off-shoot of Messianic Israelites who believed Yahushua was the Messiah. Later adopted and transformed by Rome into the Catholic Church, then into other offshoot denominations, all with their specific traditions and holy days (sunday, christmas, easter, etc...)

Pastor Dowell rejects Christianity, the religion, and is a Messianic Israelite (see his comment on mixed multitudes left Egypt but ALL became ISRAEL). He is not Jewish, nor does he accept Judaism as his religion. He rejects CHRIST, a meaningless, non-defined title, but is a follower of the Messiah, whom I call Yahushua, but he calls Jesus.

Didn't mean to take this into religion, it was about me getting owned, but I thought I should clarify where he is coming from...

Rmpl

Skyyr
02-24-11, 12:45
This is why DETAILS matter, and why so many do not understand the path people like Pastor Dowell are on... Culture & traditions...

Christ is from the roman word "christos." Every roman god, and there are a lot of them, was a CHRIST. So what CHRIST does he believe in? Mithras? Jupiter? Venus? Jesus?

Technically, Christianity, the religion, is a roman off-shoot of Messianic Israelites who believed Yahushua was the Messiah. Later adopted and transformed by Rome into the Catholic Church, then into other offshoot denominations, all with their specific traditions and holy days (sunday, christmas, easter, etc...)

Pastor Dowell rejects Christianity, the religion, and is a Messianic Israelite (see his comment on mixed multitudes left Egypt but ALL became ISRAEL). He is not Jewish, nor does he accept Judaism as his religion. He rejects CHRIST, a meaningless, non-defined title, but is a follower of the Messiah, whom I call Yahushua, but he calls Jesus.

Didn't mean to take this into religion, it was about me getting owned, but I thought I should clarify where he is coming from...

Rmpl

Yep. I'm fully aware of the belief, as it's my own. His church is about an hour and 15 minutes from me. I'm somewhat tempted to drive up there one weekend and hear what he has to say.

chadbag
02-24-11, 13:42

Actually Christos is GREEK, not Roman, and means "anointed one". It is commonly given to the Messiah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christos_(given_name)

BrianS
02-24-11, 14:26
Yep. I'm fully aware of the belief, as it's my own. His church is about an hour and 15 minutes from me. I'm somewhat tempted to drive up there one weekend and hear what he has to say.

Invite him to an M4C shoot in your area.

SteyrAUG
02-24-11, 14:46
I think we do the same thing all the time in life... We believe something to be true, tangible or intangible, and we act on that belief, and we often ponder why people don't see it the same way as we do based upon whatever evidense we accepted in that formation of belief...

But as with most things of this nature, one can take it or leave it... No gun to the head. His words of criticism should mean nothing to one who rejects the whole premise...

Rmpl

There is a difference.

While my beliefs and his differ, I do not criticize or ridicule him for his beliefs. I don't pontificate about how he is just another weak willed idiot who lacks even the most basic understanding of science and reality and has resolved himself to live in a fantasy world of demons, faries and gods.

I can fully accept that he prefers a faith based belief system with zero physical evidence to support it. I don't declare him to be anything as a result of his chosen beliefs, they simply differ from mine and the criteria I require to accept something as true.

And there are countless Christians (and members of other religions) who adopt exactly the same position with respect to their beliefs. They don't condemn or criticize anyone who happens to doubt them. But the good pastor does not seem to hold that mindset and that is my only criticism of him.

Rmplstlskn
02-24-11, 18:21
Actually Christos is GREEK, not Roman, and means "anointed one". It is commonly given to the Messiah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christos_(given_name)

Yep, I was incorrect... Thanks, it's all greek to me, these ancient languages... :dirol:

Rmpl