PDA

View Full Version : Larue .308 rifle is great

Alaskapopo
02-23-11, 23:50
I sold my friend a 5.5-22x Nightforce I had for his new Larue OBR in .308 with a 18 inch barrel. No pics unfortunately. He is a Alaska State Trooper in Delta and it was a cold day but I helped him sight in the zero stop and showed him how it worked. With federal match that gun was printing .5 to .75 inch groups consistently. That is much better performance than my formerly owned GAP AR10. I was impressed.
Pat

MarshallDodge
02-23-11, 23:52
Oh noooo, now I want one. Been reading a lot of good things about Larue rifles.

Nevermiss
02-24-11, 12:38
I shot my 16" 762 OBR for the first time a couple days ago. I bought some PRVI 145 gr and 168 gr and both my JP LRP-07 and my new OBR were shooting about 2" groups with this ammo. This is my "hoser" round for 3 Gun. The OBR and JP weighed about the same with their glass but the recoil on the OBR was much harder and sharper. This was likely due to the stock flasher hider (?A2) on the OBR . It needs to go!

The fit/finish on the OBR is every bit as nice as the JP. I'm replacing the stock flash hider with a Sure Fire break to mount my new SF FA762K suppressor (hopefully in a few months).

I've also got a 16" 762 PredatAR on order from LaRue and I'm looking forward to seeing how this 8 lb. gun handles/shoots compared to my heavier ones.

Sorry, didn't mean to drift from the OP. I need to pick up some match grade ammo and see what I can do with mine. Enjoy your new stick. I'm having a lot of fun shooting 308s now.