PDA

View Full Version : A very, berry heavy ber her vertation tonight...

bkb0000
02-24-11, 00:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ5P6RUvbVM

my face hurts... my stomach hurts... the ****ing back of my HEAD hurts from laughing so hard

CLHC
02-24-11, 00:54
No what was that all about. :D :p

jaxman7
02-24-11, 01:06
Deleted

-Jax

ALCOAR
02-24-11, 01:20
How the hell do you forget the entire English language:confused:

Sad thing is that chic gets paid a big six figure salary and at the best she reports fluently 100% meaningless news, and the worst she reinvents the language of Tongues and gives hope to all those who ride the short bus:D

You know the remix is always hotter...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daS1ivc_ycg&NR=1

uwe1
02-24-11, 01:26
http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-branson-post2-02172011,0,4239234.story

bkb0000
02-24-11, 01:54
its tough to say.. she's an experienced reporter, so it doesn't seem likely she'd just clam up and bomb... but i suppose anyone can have a moment.

the expression change on her face from giant smile to astonishment/concern is sort of telling, though... and absolutely hilarious.

Belmont31R
02-24-11, 02:14
It was caused by a medical problem....

ALCOAR
02-24-11, 02:18
http://www.latimes.com/health/boostershots/la-heb-branson-post2-02172011,0,4239234.story

As always the LAtimes is slap full of shit....I had some epic migraines growing up and every last one had an aura associated with that showed up roughly 30 min prior to the real pain/migraine took a hold.

I had crazy aura's with my entire peripheral vision going blind, but never once did I have anything remotely close to having my speech and ability to talk disappear.

At least her job was meaningless, thankfully nobody has given this woman any kinda proverbial keys to something.

Belmont, you cannot seriously think this was brought on by a medical condition....if it was, it's call stupidism.

Belmont31R
02-24-11, 02:26
As always the LAtimes is slap full of shit....I had some epic migraines growing up and every last one had a aura associated with that showed up roughly 30 min prior to the real pain/migraine took a hold.

I had crazy aura's with my entire peripheral vision going blind, but never once did I have anything remotely close to having my speech and ability to talk disappear.

At least her job was meaningless, thankfully nobody has given this woman any kinda proverbial keys to something.

Belmont, you cannot seriously think this was brought on by a medical condition....if it was, it's call stupidism.

I get some nasty ones 1-2 times a year. Last one was when I was meeting my wife's family on her dad's side for the first time. Like 15 people all out to eat, first time I met half of them (other half in the last couple days), and I didn't even make it until the drinks got there when my wife had to drive me back to the hotel. I laid in the bed in agony, and threw up about 4-5 times. About 5 hours later is went away as fast as it came.

Pretty embarrassing...but nothing I can do about it.

Belmont31R
02-24-11, 02:30

Headaches effect people differently. Some don't even get them.

When I get a bad one Im throwing up and cannot do anything but lay in bed with all the lights out for a few hours minimum.

bkb0000
02-24-11, 02:34
i get occasional migraines.. one was an "ocular migraine" that impaired my vision pretty badly. started as a "sunburst" in the upper right sector of my field of vision, then shined bright all over... was just like i'd stared at the sun for a period of time. the effects were worst for the first 15 minutes, but took a good hour or more before i could see well, and probably 3 hours to wear off completely. i was working way out in the sticks, by myself- i drove myself to the hospital, mostly blind, scared to death.... can you imagine going blind for no apparent reason?

so i can relate.. migraines can do some ****ed up shit.

doesn't make that video any less funny.

jaydoc1
02-24-11, 02:43
That is funny.

This is funnier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lNVdQBkB3w&feature=relmfu

:jester:

ALCOAR
02-24-11, 04:44
Headaches effect people differently. Some don't even get them.

When I get a bad one Im throwing up and cannot do anything but lay in bed with all the lights out for a few hours minimum.

I use to do that exact same thing....the aura would start...I would have 30min of puking and then I have no clue how but I would always pass out. The worst of it was just fearing another one. That is some amazing pain.

Bottom line is that she made the.."I just f**ked up & I'm about to cry" face. I'm sorry but she just couldn't recover with her level of intelligence imho.

I'm an ass I'm sure, but this video is 100% funny....TBS just called and said so:)

120mm
02-24-11, 07:39
I have multiple TBI and sometimes suffer from aphasia.

I don't find it funny, at all. Pretty painful to watch, actually.

C-grunt
02-24-11, 10:00
I was diagnosed TBI and sometimes have a hard time speaking or enunciating words. But to me it looks like she slipped up at the beginning and just went into panic mode.

Safetyhit
02-24-11, 10:29

I'm with you on this one buddy. Somebody's embarrassing physical struggle isn't likely to humor me any time soon.

montanadave
02-24-11, 11:24
OK, I'll admit I laughed when Peter had a stroke at McBurger Town on the Family Guy.

But count me among those who find no humor in watching an actual person having what, for all intents and purposes, appears to be a TIA or seizure. This young woman's physician apparently diagnosed the problem as migraine induced. Not knowing how many neurologists and neurophysiologists we have commenting on this thread, I'm prone to give some credence to the physician who actually examined the patient.

As for the young woman appearing flustered, ask a stroke victim about the sense of panic and helplessness induced by suddenly realizing your body is no longer responding as it should.

kartoffel
02-24-11, 11:28
It was caused by a medical problem....

Yep. Aphasia due to migraine. I feel kind of bad for her, but it's still hilarious to have it happen on live TV!

bkb0000
02-24-11, 11:47
I have multiple TBI and sometimes suffer from aphasia.

I'm with you on this one buddy. Somebody's embarrassing physical struggle isn't likely to humor me any time soon.

OK, I'll admit I laughed when Peter had a stroke at McBurger Town on the Family Guy.

But count me among those who find no humor in watching an actual person having what, for all intents and purposes, appears to be a TIA or seizure. This young woman's physician apparently diagnosed the problem as migraine induced. Not knowing how many neurologists and neurophysiologists we have commenting on this thread, I'm prone to give some credence to the physician who actually examined the patient.

As for the young woman appearing flustered, ask a stroke victim about the sense of panic and helplessness induced by suddenly realizing your body is no longer responding as it should.

:rolleyes: you guys have got to be kidding me.

i'll bet each one of you a dollar that she laughs when she watches it.

stifled
02-24-11, 12:27
Speech problems are what sent my mom to the doctor to find out she had a grapefruit sized tumor putting pressure on her brain. It started with her not being able to think of the right word for something and escalated until she'd open her mouth but not be able to say anything.

But yea, the news said a couple days after that it was a medical problem related to a migraine. Luckily for her it wasn't a stroke or anything serious like that!

Jerm
02-24-11, 12:58
Not even a little funny.

I think concern would be the proper response here.

How could this not be a medical condition?

Skyyr
02-24-11, 13:09
Not even a little funny.

I think concern would be the proper response here.

How could this not be a medical condition?

Absolutely brilliant! If someone does something that makes them look stupid, it MUST be a medical condition!

Look at her face - right at the end of her "derison" comment, she makes the universally-recognized "OH CRAP" face; she knew she screwed up. People who have true aphasia do not realize what they're saying is incoherent until after the fact.

This is nothing but typical liberalized political correctness, trying to cover up an awkward situation by labeling it a "medical condition." Grab any 10 people from the street and put them in front of a camera and at least ONE will fumble over their words or create new words from running them together in nervousness.

120mm
02-24-11, 13:17
:rolleyes: you guys have got to be kidding me.

i'll bet each one of you a dollar that she laughs when she watches it.

I tell you what, when I have a bout of aphasia, I feel shame, humiliation and intense guilt. Oh, yeah. And terror. Don't forget the fear of not being in control of my language center.

To face someone, later, who has witnessed one of my aphasic episodes is almost unbearable. My wife, and my best friend even have to coax me out of my shell when it happens in their presence. And that's not even mentioning what I feel like when it happens in front of strangers, or people in competitive situations.

So no, I don't think she probably laughs about it. That shit is terrifying and humiliating.

120mm
02-24-11, 13:28
Absolutely brilliant! If someone does something that makes them look stupid, it MUST be a medical condition!

Look at her face - right at the end of her "derison" comment, she makes the universally-recognized "OH CRAP" face; she knew she screwed up. People who have true aphasia do not realize what they're saying is incoherent until after the fact.

This is nothing but typical liberalized political correctness, trying to cover up an awkward situation by labeling it a "medical condition." Grab any 10 people from the street and put them in front of a camera and at least ONE will fumble over their words or create new words from running them together in nervousness.

Well, you've established that you don't know what in **** you are talking about.

I absolutely, positively, am fully aware when my speech goes into full retard mode. And I am certain my face reflects the absolute terror that I feel when it happens.

In fact, "aphasia" itself is a misnomer. The actual condition is dysphasia. And even if it's unconscious dysphasia, the victim can develop tics and grimace very similar to emotional responses.

Watching and rewatching this, she just takes it too far to be a flub. And her face appears to be as out of control as her language ability is.

120mm
02-24-11, 13:32
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Receptive_aphasia

"Patients who recover from Wernicke’s aphasia report that, while aphasic, they found the speech of others to be unintelligible and, despite being cognizant of the fact that they were speaking, they could neither stop themselves nor understand their own words."

Skyyr
02-24-11, 13:46
Well, you've established that you don't know what in **** you are talking about.

I absolutely, positively, am fully aware when my speech goes into full retard mode. And I am certain my face reflects the absolute terror that I feel when it happens.

In fact, "aphasia" itself is a misnomer. The actual condition is dysphasia. And even if it's unconscious dysphasia, the victim can develop tics and grimace very similar to emotional responses.

Watching and rewatching this, she just takes it too far to be a flub. And her face appears to be as out of control as her language ability is.

I don't know what the crap I'm talking about? And you say that because YOU feel like a retard after you're done talking? Yeah, let's make sweeping blanket statements.

Aphasia (total impairment) and dysphasia were two of the few brain disorders that we were required to cover, but I'm very familiar with them. Most people who experience temporary dysphasia aren't aware of it at all, which is why they keep talking.

Just for giggles (and since it's been 1 1/2 years since covering it), I googled dysphasia examples and this came up on Wikipedia:

Individuals with [mild aphasia] usually have great difficulty understanding the speech of both themselves and others and are therefore often unaware of their mistakes.

Just because YOU happen to be aware of it does not make it the case.

Skyyr
02-24-11, 13:47
double-tap

Jerm
02-24-11, 14:03
This is nothing but typical liberalized political correctness

Wow!

:lol:

I've seen alot of cases of stage fright... Never anything like that. Especially from someone who apparently has plenty of experience.

I wasn't aware we've diagnosed the woman but...

Individuals with [mild aphasia] usually have great difficulty understanding the speech of both themselves and others and are therefore often unaware of their mistakes.

Last I checked "often" wasn't "always", or even "usually/typically". Keep grasping at those straws though.

People who have true aphasia do not realize what they're saying is incoherent until after the fact.

Yeah, let's make sweeping blanket statements.

kal
02-24-11, 14:04
this shit is scary. My uncle had such an episode and was attributed to some brain swelling.

One time I was watching a show about strokes and this lady was having one in the hospital. They asked her what was the date today.

She said "hamburger".

lololol :lol:

C-grunt
02-24-11, 14:20
What doctor diagnosed her? From what I have read the ones saying its a "migrain aura" are doing so over the internet. Does she have a history of migraines?

I have seen people I have arrested turn into Elmer Fudd when I am confronting them about their lies and they are trying to make up new ones on the spot (not this bad, but they still do). So I do know it is possible for someone under stress to just start talking jibberish.

Skyyr
02-24-11, 14:20
Wow!

Last I checked "often" wasn't "always", "usually/typically", or even "commonly". Keep grasping at those straws though.

Wikipedia is not the end-all reference on dyphasia. I simply quoted it to reflect that there was at least one other similar statement to my own. Wernicke's aphasia sufferers typically DO NOT realize that they're incomprehensible and many times become very frustrated when asked to repeat themselves, especially with first-time cases.

And yes, I've seen several people speak in a manner like she did who are not aphasia sufferers. Want to see one yourself? Just turn on COPS and watch a perfectly sane guy who's getting busted for distribution start spazzing out because he doesn't know what to say. It's very common during a high stress situation where a verbal response is required, but the speaker either doesn't know what to say or loses their train of thought midway through a sentence. One semester in a college freshman speech class is a pretty good place to see this stuff first hand.

Safetyhit
02-24-11, 14:23
And you say that because YOU feel like a retard after you're done talking?

Are you ****ing serious dude? You'd bust on him for that? Tell you what bro, all of life is not based on your personal experiences. You don't ****ing know everything.

Grow the **** up people and stop mocking shit that could and possibly should happen to some here one day. I thought this was an adult forum.

Skyyr
02-24-11, 14:27
Are you ****ing serious dude? You'd bust on him for that? Tell you what bro, all of life is not based on your personal experiences. You don't ****ing know everything.

Sorry bro, but when someone calls me out with "F***" because of their singular, personal experience, when I studied aphasia specifically because of it's affect on ATC communications, you better bet I'm going to bust them for it. Further, he used the term "retard," not me. I simply quoted it.

If you're polite and professional with me, I'll be the same. Start slinging F-bombs after just describing your speech as "full retard"... you get the idea.

bkb0000
02-24-11, 14:53
I tell you what, when I have a bout of aphasia, I feel shame, humiliation and intense guilt. Oh, yeah. And terror. Don't forget the fear of not being in control of my language center.

To face someone, later, who has witnessed one of my aphasic episodes is almost unbearable. My wife, and my best friend even have to coax me out of my shell when it happens in their presence. And that's not even mentioning what I feel like when it happens in front of strangers, or people in competitive situations.

So no, I don't think she probably laughs about it. That shit is terrifying and humiliating.

just because YOU can't accept your problem doesn't mean it isn't funny as shit. you'll be a seriously happier person once you can laugh at yourself.

allow me to get all TMI on this topic- know what MY service connected disability is? severe bowel adhesions and a number of very shitty (pun intended) complications from a nasty bowel resection. I SHIT MY PANTS SOMETIMES! i also bleed out my ass- puts me in the hospital a few times a year. i almost died last time. went into shock as my blood pressure dropped to 80/30 before they started cramming three bags of fluid through three 16 ga catheters at a time, and prepped me for emergency transfusion. i'm going back in for more surgery in a month to get more of my already decimated colon resected more, in the hopes that it'll stop the chronic bleeding at my old adhesions... this will likely cause MORE bowel irregularity, resulting in potentially worse bowel function, but will hopefully keep me from bleeding out and dying before i reach mid-life.

do i scowl and condescend any time people laugh at the idea of someone shitting their pants? or laugh at the idea of bleeding to death, out your ass? NO! IT'S FUNNY! if this shit ever kills me, i hope people can find some humor in it... snicker through their tears at my eulogy. "he bled to death, out his ASS..." sad- sure... but how could that NOT be funny?

besides- NOBODY has made any claims that she has any kind of medical condition that shouldn't be laughed at. her claim is that it was just some weird one-time thing that happened to her.

****ing relax. that goes for all of you.

Safetyhit
02-24-11, 15:03

Sounds like someone who has it all figured out, doesn't it? You threw the pitch, I swung at it.

This is nothing but typical liberalized political correctness, trying to cover up an awkward situation by labeling it a "medical condition."

I don't even know what to call this.

Skyyr
02-24-11, 15:20
Sounds like someone who has it all figured out, doesn't it? You threw the pitch, I swung at it.

Just like being obese is a "medical condition", right (the condition being they can't keep their mouth shut around food)? Kid runs around screaming? Medical condition! Sleeping around with multiple women? Ooops... another condition!

And now with this girl, we have 1) no prior history of medical conditions related to this event, 2) no lasting conditions after her incident, 3) no sign that she even experienced a migraine during her broadcast (for anyone who's had a migraine, you know how hard it is to stand up, let alone open your eyes or smile with one) but it's undeniably a medical condition.

There is not one single ounce of substantiated proof that she experienced anything other than nervousness and a faltering of words.

Want more controversy? Here's a direct quote from Serene:
“My head was definitely pounding and I was very uncomfortable and I knew something wasn’t right,” Branson told Harvey. “I was terrified and confused. Confused. What had just happened? At that point they sat me down, then my right cheek went numb. My right hand went numb and I lost some sensation in my arm.”

Hmmm... so first it's a headache, then it's a stroke, and now it's aphasia brought on by a migraine? While on their own, each is (if even barely) plausible, they are night and day in difference. A pounding head and the right side of her body going numb is completely different from a migraine, and a migraine would not have caused her body to feel numb. Yes, a stroke would have caused aphasia and could explain this issue, but there were zero signs of one. The doctor's couldn't find a single thing wrong.

So what happened when it was proven she didn't have a stroke (the one plausible scenario based on her description)? It must've been a, uh, uh, another medical condition! Aphasia caused by a stroke-like migraine! Seriously?

My only point is that the MSM is looking for a medical condition to blame this on instead of simply looking at the doctor reports that said there was nothing wrong. But that's embarrassing, isn't it? And "Reporter suffers life-threatening emergency on air" sounds better (that's an actual headline, by the way). Excuse me for requiring proof that she indeed has a condition before believing it.

EDIT: I'm not saying that she didn't have a medical issue - I'm saying there's absolutely zero proof that she did. If proof does surface, great, but until then, take it for what it is. Someone screwed up speaking in front of a camera. Big freaking deal.

Magic_Salad0892
02-24-11, 16:08
Sleeping around with multiple women? Ooops... another condition!

kartoffel
02-24-11, 19:27
Here's Serene Branson's reaction to watching herself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBYgxFqwNfY

*spoiler* she cracks a smile at "heavy burtation", but she also is clearly embarrassed. Props to her for having the ovaries to face it and talk about it on TV.

120mm
02-24-11, 21:04
Sorry bro, but when someone calls me out with "F***" because of their singular, personal experience, when I studied aphasia specifically because of it's affect on ATC communications, you better bet I'm going to bust them for it. Further, he used the term "retard," not me. I simply quoted it.

If you're polite and professional with me, I'll be the same. Start slinging F-bombs after just describing your speech as "full retard"... you get the idea.

You failed the "polite and professional" threshold from jumpstreet. And you will reap what you sow. Sounds like sheer hypocrisy, combined with moronitude, laced with liberal amounts of idiocy.

Wow. You actually STUDIED aphasia? For its affects on ATC communications. You ARE an expert. That's WAAAAAAY more impressive than actually having experience with it. I am so ****ing impressed.

And as far as there being proof: Frankly, speaking of retards, the entire medical profession is LLMF when it comes to anything that happens in the skull, unless you are bleeding from the ears. This isn't a "House" episode.

I have a great idea: Lets get some Youtube videos of guys drowning puppies. Or how about dead babies? You guys oughta find THAT shit funny as hell.

I wasn't going to mention it, but I bet a significant amount of humor here is based on some of the mysoginyst immature ****tards that populate this board.

bkb0000
02-24-11, 21:15
I have a great idea: Lets get some Youtube videos of guys drowning puppies. Or how about dead babies? You guys oughta find THAT shit funny as hell.

dead/dying innocents vs. some chick tripping over her own tongue on TV from a temporary condition or lapse of concentration. you're right- those are definitely on par.

I wasn't going to mention it, but I bet a significant amount of humor here is based on some of the mysoginyst immature ****tards that populate this board.

or maybe... just maybe... it was actually funny. but i can guaran-****ing-tee that i would have laughed just as hard had it been a dude. what difference could that possibly make, and why the hell are you bringing misogyny into this?

ALCOAR
02-24-11, 22:21
Flat out if you're still all worked up with political correctness and sympathy for this woman who clearly has had the opposite of a tough life, clearly is not riding the short bus to the Staples Center to report her meaningless story, than you're just wrapped way to tight. That video in my eyes really brings this home that she had no real medical problem (yes I know this is subjective and that is my opinion but I still think it's a common sense one)....let's say I go out on a date to a Chinese restaurant and order a dish that later makes me shat my pants at our 9:30pm movie, can I just blame this on Irritable bowl syndrome or whatever because the Manchurian Beef went all Manchurian Candidate on my intestines. After all it's a medical condition;)

hopefully bkb is laughing his ass off over the shat in the pants reference...I did it just for him:D

I absolutely love stand up comedy...l love to humorously self deprecate as well, and these are the reasons that I'm not a tight ass that takes life to serious to the point that is sucks.

kartoffel
02-24-11, 22:56
People laugh at videos of skaters smashing their nuts on handrails all the time. It's natural to laugh at other people ****ing up.

Does it hurt other people to laugh it them? Yeah it sure can! Hence the controversy here. I still think her video is worthy of a chuckle, tempered with understanding of her migraine symptoms.

Skyyr
02-24-11, 23:07
You failed the "polite and professional" threshold from jumpstreet. And you will reap what you sow. Sounds like sheer hypocrisy, combined with moronitude, laced with liberal amounts of idiocy.

Actually, I did no such thing. I simply stated that most sufferers of mild aphasia were reported to not have recognized their symptoms until after the fact (in 2009, anyway).

You, being self-reportedly affected by aphasia, took personal insult to a medically-true, observational comment that wasn't even directed at you. You then start slinging four letter gems and writing a diatribe about how we should start watching the killing of helpless animals. If that's a stereotypical response from you, no wonder you hide in a "shell" (is that an official term? or did it just sound good?) and wait for a female to comfort you. I'd go hide in a shell too if I responded with an outburst like that. And if you get your rocks off watching the beating of innocent, weaker lifeforms, hey - have at it. That would make your misogynist comment somewhat hypocritical, but who cares, right?

Either way, thanks for managing to make a connection with this thread, misogyny, and dead puppies.