PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else do this?

Stagger
02-24-11, 15:16
I have been so busy with work and crappy weather to get to the range and do any shooting. I have around 5000 5.56 and 4000 9mm all ready loaded and ready to go so I didnt want to load more.

So I have been getting all my brass, cleaned, swaged, sized and primed and then storing them in Food Saver Vacuum bags. 100 in each bag ready for 5.56 and 250 each bag for 9mm.

So far I have 16 bags of 5.56 ready for reloading and 6 bags of 9mm ready.

Does anybody else do things like this or only load up when you run out?:blink:

JStor
02-24-11, 17:12
That is similar to the procedure I normally use...resize, sort, prime in batches. I use empty plastic coffee cans with labels for each stage of the processing and the ziplock bags for loaded ammunition. I like batches of 100.

GunnutAF
02-25-11, 17:00
Them dam food saver bags are to darn expensive! I use ziploks! Yes I always deprime/size/swag and trim my brass -get them ready for reloading that way when I need to they just get loaded! But they are always preped and ready to go!:D

markm
02-25-11, 17:31
Yeah... I have like 3000 pieces of .223 primed brass in freezer bags. No need to vacuum pack them.

I pulled a 3 year old bag of primed brass and loaded it up. We were blasting away with the ammo yesterday. Not a single problem.

I also load as I go too. But I like having primed brass to feed the Dillon.

Benjamin_Martin
02-25-11, 17:41
All I have is a single stage press so it's been a habit from the beginning to do batches of operations and store them labeled so when I come back I remember what was done. Then it's a simple matter to setup and run the next process.

+1 on the plastic coffee containers, the 2lb ones with the flavor lock lids are handy for lots of things.

JStor
02-25-11, 18:58
I'm too old to remember what is what in each can, so I always throw a "stickie" note in each can with all the pertinent information. I'd love to have a Dillon, but I'm still plugging away on my old Rock Chucker.

Pal
02-26-11, 00:10
I cut the top off used gallon milk jugs. Its got a handle that way and they're tougher than a freezer bag. You can still write on it with a sharpy.

Ilove2shoot
02-26-11, 12:06
16qt tubs for my storage.....and sometimes brass is broken down by brand in ziplock within those tubs.

I do like to prep brass ahead of time, so when I go to reload.....everything is ready to go.