PDA

View Full Version : apocalypse man

Abraxas
02-24-11, 21:32
Has anyone seen this? I think some of it might be a stretch, but some other ideas seem ok. It is in multiple parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZuvLo4eJA

Jerm
02-24-11, 21:45
It's the one staring Rudy(?) from Generation kill correct?

I watched a few episodes awhile back... So so, I guess.

I figured it got cancelled when I hadn't seen it on in so long.

Abraxas
02-24-11, 22:03
It's the one staring Rudy(?) from Generation kill correct?

I watched a few episodes awhile back... So so, I guess.

I figured it got canceled when I hadn't seen it on in so long.

You are probably right, I don't know. I had never seen it before. It was interesting. I would not even try some of his suggestions, but there were a few good ideas.

Spade
02-24-11, 22:08
You are correct it's the guy from Generation Kill. I like the idea behind the series and as pointed out some of things seem a little out there. However as most "survival" shows go there is some good stuff with the bad. All in all I found the show entertaining and with some good outside the box thinking.

cgcorrea
02-25-11, 06:50
I caught this on youtube as well a couple of months ago. I thought some of the stuff was pretty interesting. Definately entertaining. Rudy is the man!

itsturtle
02-25-11, 07:06
Kind of like Bear Grylls, except I'm never going to find myself lost in the middle of the desert or stuck in the mountains of Canada. If stuff truly hit the fan, I would most likely be 20-50 miles from a large city.

EchoMirage
02-25-11, 13:38
this was on a long time ago. it was a single 1 hour special, on history channel, or maybe discovery.

itsturtle
02-25-11, 15:01
Speak of the devil. It actually just started on the History Channel.

RogerinTPA
02-25-11, 20:45
There was a big discussion on this show a year or so ago, along with some other SHTF shows, ran in the same week. It was pretty interesting, but I like the other one better, about a plague outbreak in major cities, survival, bugging out, human dynamics, how society rediscover agrarian/pioneering skills and towns become mini fortresses, food wars, etc... along with dialog from survival experts from both civilian and military, as well as psychologist.

Found it, History channel: After Armageddon: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=after+armageddon&aq=0

25Chuck
02-25-11, 21:19
I caught it when it was first aired on the History Channel. It was very entertaining but I sure wouldn't call it educational.