PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Pro vs Aimpoint Micro

Rhattala
02-25-11, 00:21
I know the PRO is new but wondering if anyone could give a viable comparison of the two. I was about to get a Micro but now the PRO came out and makes me wonder... I want to put this on my SBR used for mostly room entry and SWAT Ops with the occasional overland assault if needed.

Currently running and Eotech and love it but battery life sucks!

Thanks

Hmac
02-25-11, 00:44
You should check out any other Aimpoint with a 30 mm tube vs the T-1. IMHO, the smaller tube diameter of the T-1 makes it some degree harder to bring the red dot into your field of view - it will be noticeably more critical of head position and this will be something an ex-Eotech user will notice. I'm sure it can be at least partly a training issue, but you should make sure the T-1 is for you. You might find the 2 MOA dot and 30 mm tube of the PRO is more suitable for you.

Rhattala
02-25-11, 00:55
GREAT POINT! Im probably going to go with the PRO anyone know of any site sponsors that are selling it? ALSO please keep the constructive criticism between the two coming

nimdabew
02-25-11, 00:56
Hi. Get the micro. What do you do as your day job?

Rhattala
02-25-11, 01:02

Ok.... really "get the micro".... tell me why i should get it! I want thought behind an answer before i drop 400 to 600 bucks

but thanks tho

karmapolice
02-25-11, 01:06
SKD sells them they are out of stock at the moment but you can get e-mail notification for when they get them in stock. I give them the highest recommendation as they are a top notch company and have 5 dollar flat rate shipping.

http://www.skdtac.com/Aimpoint_PRO_Patrol_Rifle_Optic_p/aim.310.htm

nimdabew
02-25-11, 01:06
Ok.... really "get the micro".... tell me why i should get it! I want thought behind an answer before i drop 400 to 600 bucks

but thanks tho

It's better.

Everything the PRO does, the micro does better.

I am just curious what your day job is that you need a RDS for room clearing, SWAT raids, and "overland" assaults on a daily basis.

Rhattala
02-25-11, 01:09
It's better.

I am just curious what your day job is that you need a RDS for room clearing, SWAT raids, and "overland" assaults on a daily basis.

Yeah Def not a daily basis description above but i do want to be prepared.... and you still havent gave any reason other than its better. :fie:

nimdabew
02-25-11, 01:17
I'm sorry. It is just every time I see a thread like this, asking which one is "better", I think mall ninja. It is all subjective based on your mission requirements, what you want to do with the rifle, [ast experiences, compatability with your other gear and team mates gear, and bean-counter cost. I am assuming you don't go SWAT raids that would require the larger FOV and window from the PRO (30 mm tube vs 20mm tube). I also assume that you don't do overland assaults where the weight savings of having a small optic vs a large optic would come into play because real operators don't really bitch about the weight. True grunts can, and do, bitch just about everything from the food to the ****ing sand, but not usually about their weapons and how well they can, and do, operate.

So I am going to go with the safe assumption that you want the coolest gadget for your rifle, so, that is why I recommended the micro. It does everything the PRO does, but better.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr173/nimdabew/Funny%20Stuff/internetsoldierv.jpg

Rhattala
02-25-11, 01:25
I don't want the coolest I want the most practical but see your point. But I "assume" u have the wrong impression of me. And as far as what I do I don't feel the need or want to disclose any more than I already then I have... Not that its g14 but I think you understand :)

Rattlehead
02-25-11, 01:26
All bs aside, I'd go with the T1. Extremely light weight, extremely durable, make sure you get an LT660 to go with it. Picking up the dot is a bit different from an EOTech, but that's nothing training can't fix.

nimdabew
02-25-11, 01:40
Don't forget one of these. Sounds important. Good luck to your future ventures sir.

http://milspecmonkey.com/store/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Secret_Squirrel_4b80efe40e820.jpg

ETA: Oh yeah, if you want an optic to do all of the crap you listed, go get an ACOG. It is the do everything, master at none optic.

Army Chief
02-25-11, 06:37

Honestly, I find this statement to be about as credible as the OP's assessment of his operational environment. The H-1/T-1 does not do everything better than the PRO -- or any other -- Aimpoint; it simply delivers the same basic capability in a smaller form factor that carries less of a weight penalty.

There is still a role for the M/ML/C series in my view; especially if you desire a larger FOV, intend to use the optic with a magnifier, prefer a smaller aiming point (i.e. 2 MOA vs. 4 MOA), require extremely long battery life, work in a very harsh environment or wish to keep your acquisition costs down.

AC

JSantoro
02-25-11, 07:44

AC already made his thoughts known, but just as a bit of reinforcement: Are you shitting me? "Get the micro"? With no read-in on why or how you came to that conclusion?

Really, Mr. Bossy Pants? Grow up.

That's at least as ridiculous as somebody professing that they wish to conduct "overland assault." That might be doctrinal language, presuming the instruction booklet from Ghost Recon is a doctrinal publication.

You two jackholes should be ashamed of yourselves and deserve each other.

In the interests of not-stupid, and given that there's a metric assload of Aimpoint threads available (IF you noodniks would simply bother to hit one of the search buttons, type in "Aimpoint" while specifying thread titles only and limit the search to the Optics subforum), this one's done.

"Master at None Optic." Jesus.