PDA

View Full Version : Help...dilemma which one....,

fullotto76
02-25-11, 01:06
now its a nice one to have but not sure if i should get the DDM4v2 or put together a noveske lower with a noveske16" upper which is cpl hundred more....hmmmm...TIA guys..:D

MistWolf
02-25-11, 05:58
Buy the DDM4v2 so you have something to shoot while building the Noveske

Adam_s
02-25-11, 06:26
The DDM4v2 is a fine rifle from all my reading. You certainly can't go wrong with it. Buy it, and use the saved money on optics/ammo/training.

Iraqgunz
02-25-11, 06:44
Allow me to piss into the Cheerios. These questions pop up around 100 times a month. Whether it be what rifle, sling, magazines or condoms.

It's a never ending vicious circle. So ask yourself this.

1. What is the weapon for? I.E. are you going to punch paper and dirt and take cool pictures and show your friends?

2. If you can afford the higher end weapon, why dick around and debate it asking for opinions when most people don't like the answers they get?

3. If you are short the money for the Noveske then wait a little longer and get it. Unless you have direct knowledge that we are going to be invaded by the hordes in the next 72 hours what is the emergency?

I often times wonder just how often people actually take the advice or opinions after the read 20 pages of suggestions and then act on it.

Weapons are personal. Most people want something set up a particular way. The sling I like may not be the one you like. Same goes with AR's. Some like them simple and some like them loaded.

fivefivesix
02-25-11, 10:55
OP, i have no knowledge of noveske but the quality looks great and alot of people here swear by them. i own a daniel defense and it is flawless in fit and finish and i can shoot tula ammon too 5.56 with no problems. You wont be dissapointed with the daniel defense and the customer service is awesome. id recomend either a bcm or a daniel defense but them are my 2 pet brands. but you need to decide what its for. i have one ar so mine has to do everything and it does it all well.

C-grunt
02-25-11, 10:56
As a Noveske owner who has friends with DD rifles, the only thing I believe that Noveske has over DD is the barrel. And truthfully when comparing non stainless barrels I dont think it's really worth it. If the DD rifle is configured the way you want it for a few hundred cheaper go for it and use the savings for ammo

500grains
02-25-11, 11:28
2. If you can afford the higher end weapon, why dick around and debate it asking for opinions when most people don't like the answers they get?

I often times wonder just how often people actually take the advice or opinions after the read 20 pages of suggestions and then act on it

And what if you do not like the answers you get to your question no. 2!!

Just kidding! :p;) You are right that a lot of people do not like the answers they get (not attacking the op - just an overall observation). However, there are MANY silent readers of the forums who benefit from the answers and suggestions.

3. If you are short the money for the Noveske then wait a little longer and get it. Unless you have direct knowledge that we are going to be invaded by the hordes in the next 72 hours what is the emergency?

The Noveske does not have time to get here in that event anyway, so a guy can just run down to the sporting goods store and get a Remington 870 and a box of shells if that is a concern.

500grains
02-25-11, 11:30
And now a substantive reply...

You pay more for a Noveske than a DD because:

(a) Noveske's chrome lined barrel will last super long, while the DD barrel will only last a very long time, and

(b) Noveske's SS barrel is polygon rifled so that it will clean easily and last longer than most other SS barrels.

I own one Noveske and several DD. They are both excellent. If you really want the Noveske, then save your money and buy it. But you will be in AR-15 heaven with either.

Dave L.
02-25-11, 11:44
At least he didn't ask which piston gun he should buy...

fullotto76
02-25-11, 16:32
DDM4v2 it is..Thanks for pissing in my Cheerios...lol ..the info i and others get off here is plentiful so thank you... Its all good and will be a happy owner of the DD....Work hard so its time to get something for myself with a lil bit of my taxes....

Hunter Rose
02-25-11, 19:11
[QUOTE=fullotto76;921504]DDM4v2 it is.. [QUOTE]

Since you chose Daniel Defense, why go with the version 2? The Version 1 or Version 3 seem a better layout.

bryan1211
02-26-11, 01:48
DDM4v2 it is..Thanks for pissing in my Cheerios...lol ..the info i and others get off here is plentiful so thank you... Its all good and will be a happy owner of the DD....Work hard so its time to get something for myself with a lil bit of my taxes....

Like everyone said, both will be great.... but why the ddm4v2? If your not going to SBR it why wouldn't you go with a mid-length gas system? (ddm4v3/v5)

fullotto76
02-26-11, 13:45
Like everyone said, both will be great.... but why the ddm4v2? If your not going to SBR it why wouldn't you go with a mid-length gas system? (ddm4v3/v5)
not sure,,, really never put much thought into that...excuse my ignorance but what is the benefits of either.....:suicide:

opmike
02-26-11, 13:57
not sure,,, really never put much thought into that...excuse my ignorance but what is the benefits of either.....:suicide:

There's a pretty extensive amount of information on this site about the various gas system lengths, and their merits.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=51187
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=51542
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=51421
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=35517
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=2303
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=39400
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=39367

fullotto76
02-26-11, 14:48
since its already ordered, when its time how or what is needed to change to a middy..tia...

bryan1211
02-27-11, 04:28
since its already ordered, when its time how or what is needed to change to a middy..tia...

Hey man your fine, made a great choice! Pretty much in short, mid- length will have a slightly less recoil impulse due to the extended gas tube. Also the v3 with the fsb would've gotten 9" of rail instead of the v2 with 7". In the future if you really wanted to change it you would need mid-length barrel, mid-length gas tube, tools, and 9" rail if you wanted the fsb (or longer rail with a low-pro gas-block). Again great buy and have fun with your new rifle!

fullotto76
02-27-11, 14:11
maybe in the future a new middy upper then get a lower later for the ddm4v2 upper and have two...sounds good....:D thanks for everyones constructive opinions...

fdxpilot
02-27-11, 18:12
maybe in the future a new middy upper then get a lower later for the ddm4v2 upper and have two...sounds good....:D thanks for everyones constructive opinions...

My latest 5.56 rifle is similar. A DD midlength lightweight upper, with Daniels 12" Omega lite rail from the pre-Xmas Smartgunner sale, mounted on a DD stripped lower set up to my specs by Grant at G & R Tactical.