PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky/Indiana group

itsturtle
02-25-11, 06:01
Can we get a Regional Training Group for the Kentucky and Southern Indiana area, or Kentuckiana as it apparently is referred to.

I see the PA/OH/WV group, but those are a good several hours away.

Rotor Talker
02-25-11, 06:47
I'm no high speed guy, but a safe shooter and interested in learning.

Bob

jwfuhrman
02-25-11, 06:51
Im NoIn and Id be interested in this group. No problem makin a trip to SoIn or Ky every once and while for some organized training, as there is a HUGE lack of place to do it up here.

itsturtle
02-25-11, 07:03
Yeah, I was talking in a post a bit ago and RogerinTPA suggested I make a group. But I have no idea how to do that so I was hoping someone else could. I can't afford to drop a couple hundred dollars buying ammo, and then drop a few more hundred on a course. Would be nice to set up a group to just meet up with on weekends and such to do some shooting.

Rotor Talker
02-25-11, 07:06
I'm a member over at Red brush, in Newburgh, IN, it's a nice range, this gels a little more, let me know, I'll see what I can do on getting one of the bays.

Bob

ssracer
02-25-11, 08:49
I know folks who do training in both southern IN and KY. RWI tactical in KY, ill have to get the name of the guy in indiana. There is also a local forum for the area that I am a member of. I don't know the rules about posting about other forums here, so if this is frowned upon a mod can remove it.

www.kentuckianafirearms.com

itsturtle
02-25-11, 08:52
Yeah, I've visited their site before. I was going to attend the last pistol course but I was ill. I'm keeping my eye out for more courses.

ssracer
02-25-11, 09:58
Here is the link to the RWI Site. Most of their classes take place in New Haven, about an hour south of Louisville. Their pistol course is this Sunday. I had planned on attending but car repairs have taken priority.

http://kyfirearmstraining.com/kentucky-firearms-training/

The guy in charge of the training in Indiana doesnt have a site up yet I believe. I'll try to get some information from him.

Fullauto
04-26-11, 08:46
Hey turtle I’m jus north of you in Charlestown IN. looking for some local guys to get together with and do some shooting. I’m trying to get a trip together to do some prairie dog hunting and would like to get some longer ranges to practice at then the 90 or so yards in Henryville. Anybody know of a range where someone can get some 300 yard or longer shots in? Oh and I be interested in joining the Kentuckiana training group.

aflin
04-26-11, 16:32
Hey guys, good to see some initiative here. I have started a KY regional training group both on this site and TOS. However, on TOS, there seems to be much more interest as there are more members. I know, it's arfcom, but some of the members actually want train to run drills and get better. Can't knock em for that.

I'm going to go ahead and combine the two groups to streamline the process. The next tentative date is May 21st. The range will be either at a farm in Maysville or at Knob Creek Range. However, the KCR will cost some, but not much.

itsturtle
04-26-11, 17:16
Hey turtle I’m jus north of you in Charlestown IN. looking for some local guys to get together with and do some shooting. I’m trying to get a trip together to do some prairie dog hunting and would like to get some longer ranges to practice at then the 90 or so yards in Henryville. Anybody know of a range where someone can get some 300 yard or longer shots in? Oh and I be interested in joining the Kentuckiana training group.

I don't know of any ranges other than Knob Creek. I would check with the group we have on here for any kind of get together since this isn't exactly the right spot. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=76502

Aflin, sounds good, but I really don't feel like making an account on another board. I'm more than willing to meet up for a shoot if it fits my schedule and finances. Be sure to post any confirmed events on our training boards. I'm sure you probably thought of that already.

Just a hint, my travel abilities are kind of limited to about an hour or so from Louisville area. My vote would be for KCR.

itsturtle
04-26-11, 17:20
Another thing, if I'm not mistaken, Maysville is up near the KY/OH border. If we do decide to go with that location, be sure to post in the PA/OH/WV training board as well incase someone there is interested.

aflin
04-26-11, 17:24
That is a great idea...Thanks man! I hope to see you there!

Fenway
04-30-11, 09:42
We have some great training info for the Indiana area listed here on INGO http://ingunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/

Lots of IN, MI and KY opportunities posted. Would be happy to make a sticky thread there to announce or promote a training group.

mkbar80
05-02-11, 00:02
I'm in central indiana...member at ACC. Would be interested in getting together.

itsturtle
05-02-11, 00:10
I'm in central indiana...member at ACC. Would be interested in getting together.

Cool cool. Head over to https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=76502
We are planning a get together for late May I believe it is.