PDA

View Full Version : SC - NO PERMIT CCW.

Irish
02-25-11, 16:47
It looks like South Carolina maybe following the trend and become the 4th or 5th state, Colorado is moving forward as well, to allow it's citizens the right to conceal carry a firearm without paying a tax or needing the government's permission.

http://www.thestate.com/2011/02/24/1710629/sc-panel-approves-bill-expanding.html

Buckaroo
02-25-11, 23:57
Gun-rights activists applauded a vote Thursday that would allow South Carolina citizens to carry a concealed weapon without a permit.

The measure, which applies to any resident at least 21 years old who can legally own a gun, has bipartisan support in this gun-friendly state. A House panel voted unanimously to advance the amended bill to the full Judiciary Committee.

Read more: http://www.thestate.com/2011/02/24/1710629/sc-panel-approves-bill-expanding.html#ixzz1F2dtcEjg

Why limit this to residents?

As a non-resident (with a home state LTCH and a Utah CCW) I still cannot carry in SC.

With family on the border, I will continue to avoid SC until further notice.

Buckaroo

Irish
02-26-11, 12:53

Ignorance. They need someone who's taken a hard look at VT, AK and AZ and realized that blood isn't running in the streets.

afd524
03-05-11, 10:04
In the bill it has a provision that SC will accept all other states CWP, so if you have a CCW from Utah SC would accept it, unfortunately the bill is back in subcommittee

As a non-resident (with a home state LTCH and a Utah CCW) I still cannot carry in SC.

With family on the border, I will continue to avoid SC until further notice.

Buckaroo

Buckaroo
03-05-11, 11:24
In the bill it has a provision that SC will accept all other states CWP, so if you have a CCW from Utah SC would accept it, unfortunately the bill is back in subcommittee

That would be awesome! Indiana accepts everyone's permits and it is working for us.

Buckaroo

22_Shooter
03-13-11, 22:47
The bill was shot down. I'm glad it was, as there was some shady wording and Veirs' blatantly lied about what his amendment would/wouldn't to. What he said on camera is different than what the actual wording in his amendment said.

afd524
03-14-11, 08:21
Yea, I read about the Veirs amendment that would have made some things we already enjoy illegal apparently that’s why the judiciary committee shot the bill down. It’s now back in sub-committee so if they decide to fix the problems and not make it worse then we might see it back again

The bill was shot down. I'm glad it was, as there was some shady wording and Veirs' blatantly lied about what his amendment would/wouldn't to. What he said on camera is different than what the actual wording in his amendment said.

MeanRider
03-14-11, 12:04
That would be awesome! Indiana accepts everyone's permits and it is working for us

Tell that to my communist State of WI.

Irish
03-14-11, 12:09
...as there was some shady wording and Veirs' blatantly lied about what his amendment would/wouldn't to. What he said on camera is different than what the actual wording in his amendment said.

Please go into more details. You're obviously familiar with the subject and your opinion combined with the facts would actually broaden the discussion.

Abraxas
03-14-11, 12:14
That would be awesome! Indiana accepts everyone's permits and it is working for us

Tell that to my communist State of WI.

Stupid commies ;)

afd524
03-14-11, 13:17
here is a link to the article that discusses Rep Viers, http://www.ammoland.com/2011/03/07/south-carolina-rep-thad-viers-posts-fake-amendment-to-fool-gun-owners/

Please go into more details. You're obviously familiar with the subject and your opinion combined with the facts would actually broaden the discussion.