PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Shipwreck.... get your money ready!

chilic82
02-25-11, 21:29
Anybody heard of these or know much about them?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/75958

Timbonez
02-25-11, 21:37
I want one!

John_Wayne777
02-25-11, 21:42
They are essentially a chopped 92, still using a double-stack magazine. For a while Beretta made a single stack gun that was the same size. Some people loved the compact 92's. I personally never cottoned to the ones I tried...I find that the grip of a standard 92 is barely long enough for my hands.

If you like the Beretta 92 and you'd like a more compact version, this is the ticket.

Timbonez
02-25-11, 21:45
I think the OP's question was referring to the fact that these are no longer produced, but apparently the ones on Bud's are brand new. Maybe Beretta is making/made a special run of them, or maybe they are starting to make them again. What would be nice is if they would make the G variants again.

John_Wayne777
02-25-11, 22:01
Ah...in that case, it could be guns made from NOS parts or indeed a special run. Some of the folks on the Beretta forum might know for sure.

PaiMei
02-25-11, 22:08
From what our rep told us last year.... Beretta was going to import about 500 of these and see "how they do." Looks like they finally are just now showing up.

recon
02-25-11, 22:29
I had a 92D Centurion. Looks like it a little. Except for the safety and exposed hammer. Nice though.

okie john
02-26-11, 10:22
It's shorter than a full-sized 92, but the double-stack mag means it will be every bit as thick, so it won't be easy to conceal. Probably fine otherwise, though.

Okie John

loupav
02-26-11, 10:30
Very cool. But I've always wanted a 92 type-M single stack.

ShipWreck
02-26-11, 22:26
Haha, yea, I knew about those last night.

Actually, they are still made in limited batches in Italy, just not imported to America in over 10+ years...

I would order one (would have done so this morning or last night) - But Berettas 92s are the only gun I will not buy sight unseen. I can open up 10 NEW Beretta 92s in the box, and 8 of them are already all scratched up. I only buy Berettas after I see them in person. Otherwise, I would...

My carry gun (92FS) had some scratches, but I bought it at a gun show FOR carry.. So, I didn't worry about it (since itw as gonna get scratched up anyway), as it is hard to find factory night sights on 92s now.

But, I'm not willing to risk ordering 1 from Bud.s

I ordered my 2nd PS90 from Bud's, and it has a flash hider all scratched to hell. And, I was the 1st to open the factory box. Rest of the gun is perfect, except for the flash hider at the very end of the barrel. So, I don't like to buy guns unseen that often...

LHS
02-26-11, 23:40
I've got a 92 compact and love it. They haven't been imported here in a long time, but it's nice to see them contemplating bringing them back.