PDA

View Full Version : Did I get a good deal?

rattlesnake
02-25-11, 22:20
I just pushed the button on this (edited out the link) for $300. Did I get a good deal? I am planning on using it with my bcm lightweight. I already have a TA31F on it, so I figured this would be a nice addition to swap out for closer up stuff. I wasn't planning on buying anything, but I thought $300 was a good price. Any input appreciated.

SMGLee
02-25-11, 22:43
It is not a bad deal, the M2 are great optic. currently an Aimpoint PRO is going for around 399.00 with a mount.

The mount seems to be some oversea copy that you can buy on ebay for 20 bucks, but the optic looks like the real deal.

rattlesnake
02-25-11, 22:47
Cool. I pick it up tomorrow. I know the guy who is selling it. He didn't use it but a few times. It was on a beretta storm .40 carbine and shot a couple times at the indoor range.

rattlesnake
03-01-11, 08:33
So I got it home and after a couple hours of messing with it I realized it is a counterfeit. Thanks goodness I know the seller, and he is giving my money back. He honsetly didn't know it was a counterfeit. It was a damn good counterfeit. It took me almost 2 hours to determine that it was 100% fake. It was my first aimpoint. Now I am looking to buy a PRO from a reputable dealer. I am lucky the guy I bought it from is a good guy, or I'd be out $300.

El Pistolero
03-02-11, 04:04
Just FYI it was determined that this one was a counterfeit because the knob turns continuously and does not have the 10 positions (4 NV and 6 daylight per the manual). Also, the Aimpoint logo on the lens covers was wrong as well as the windage/elevation adjustment screws not being correct.

The good thing is the seller was honest and truly did not know that it was a fake and did not sell it with the intention of ripping someone off but like most people he simply couldn't distinguish it as a fake without knowing the details, nothing really stood out. It's one thing to make an Aimpoint look-alike for airsoft uses and sell them for cheap, that is totally fine, but when they start counterfeiting the logos/trademarks that's where I draw the line and good people start getting screwed.

I'm happy to hear that the seller was honest and gave rattlesnake his money back, unfortunately now the seller is stuck with this airsoft red dot and lost some money because somewhere along the line when the red dot changed hands somebody decided not to mention it was a replica so they could get an Aimpoint price for a china scope.