PDA

View Full Version : First hand reliability reports

MichaelD
02-26-11, 15:08
I stole this idea from a thread over on UtahConcealedCarry.com. The purpose of this thread is to show just how reliable/unreliable your pistols are.

My stable:

M&P9, serial prefix MRC - About 2200 rounds fired with a handful of FTE's in the first 100 rounds probably due to not being cleaned before its first trip to the range, or limp-wristing by my sister-in-law. Broke its original striker during dry-fire around 2000 rounds, replaced with S&W's latest 70,000-dry-fire proven silver striker.

M&P9c #1, serial prefix MRN - About 9000 rounds fired with no issues during live fire. However, two of the early-design strikers were broken during dry fire, one at the 350-round point, the second at 2900 rounds or so. No issues since replacing the striker with the latest design. This pistol has also passed the "2,000 Round Challenge" twice with no issues during the tests.

M&P9c #2, serial prefix DTV - About 1500 rounds fired. No issues using standard 12-round 9c mags but several failures to lock back on empty when using full-size 17-round mags, probably due to worn mag springs; otherwise trouble-free. Came with the updated silver striker.

JHC
02-26-11, 15:53
I have 3 of them in this thread. Amongst the dozens of others.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=43569

ryu_sekai
02-26-11, 16:32
can you break the striker even if you use a snap cap?

maximus83
02-26-11, 17:17
can you break the striker even if you use a snap cap?

I did, with one of the 1st gen strikers. However, with the latest improved strikers, this should no longer be an issue.

skyugo
02-26-11, 20:35
Glock 19-11,000 rounds in 2 years.
no breakages I did replace the recoil spring and trigger spring at 5000 rounds as preventative maintenance.
i've had a couple stovepipe type stoppages.. maybe 4 total? Generally with some older mags i use at the range The gun routinely goes thousands of rounds with no problems.

Glock 26-2000 rounds, stovepiped on some very light reloads i made. again no breakages.

HK p7 PSP C-grade- this gun is from 1982 or so. I've personally put ~2500 rounds through it, total round count is unknown. Had a couple issues with a somewhat sketchy aftermarket mag i was using-the last round in the mag would nose up and miss the chamber. With factory HK mags it's flawless. Replaced the firing pin stop spring very recently as preventative maintenance.