PDA

View Full Version : Nightforce

308murder
02-26-11, 16:39
I want to pickup one of the Nightforce scopes, from what I understand there isnt much of a price difference between dealers. Although my question is where do you guys recommend I get one at? Oh I live in Texas if that makes a difference. Also trying to decided between the new F1 or not, have heard great things about it.

Thanks in Adv

Belmont31R
02-26-11, 16:47
CS Tactical or Europtic

They both have good CS and will go out of their way to make sure you get what you want. Other good dealers out there, too, but Ive had good service from both of the above. In fact Ive gotten into email exchanges with Mike from CS Tactical late at night on weekends trying to get the right optic or whatever.

Skang
02-26-11, 17:07
http://www.sportoptics.com/

shootist~
02-26-11, 17:14
http://www.sportoptics.com/

Same here. Very nice guys to talk to, btw. They are across the river from you in La.

rdbse
02-26-11, 17:18
I have used sportoptics as well. They were back ordered on the model I wanted, so waited an extra two weeks. Otherwise good service on my nightforce.

VooDoo6Actual
02-26-11, 19:02
[QUOTE=Belmont31R;922452]CS Tactical or Europtic/QUOTE]

+1 Mike or Alex are GTG.

Robb Jensen
02-26-11, 19:10
I buy mine from Mike at CS Tactical until we become a Nightforce dealer.

TommyG
02-27-11, 14:20
Europtic is great to deal with. They always take great care of you.

Paulinski
02-27-11, 15:01
CS Tactical...

308murder
02-27-11, 15:25
Wow thanks for the flood of responses guys! Ya I'll check em both out and go from there.

Also none of yall commented on the new First focal plane scope?

Belmont31R
02-27-11, 15:31
If you are going to use a reticle with a ranging feature then FFP makes a lot more sense because you don't have to have the magnification set at a precise power to use the ranging feature. With FFP the reticle stays the same size over the target no matter what power you are in so you can range at any magnification. When you zoom in both the target and reticle get bigger.

Judging by what I see most guys using FFP is what most people are arriving at. The drawback to FFP is the reticle can be a little on the thin side at real lower powers. Im currently using a SB 3-12X with Gen II mil dot and on 3X the thin center portion of the reticle is a bit slim. As soon as I go up to 5-6X its perfectly visible. I rarely shoot at 3X so its not a big deal to me. It would just depend on your uses and setup. But its worth it being able to range at any magnification and at closer ranges you don't have a huge reticle taking up a bunch of space in your view. SFP can be a be thick at 200 yards and in depending on the target and reticle.