PDA

View Full Version : Assembling an Upper Receiver

MistWolf
02-26-11, 17:45
The forward assist and dust cover assemblies are installed.

The following need to be installed-
-Lothar Walther Barrel
-VLTOR Low Profile Gas Block
-Gas Tube
-PRI Delta Handguard

From what I understand, the assembly order is:

Using proper assembly blocks-
1. Press Gas Block assembly into place on Barrel. Make sure Gas Port in Gas Block aligns with Gas Port in Barrel. Tighten Gas Block Set Screws/install Cross Pins

2. Place barrel in upper. Place handguard nut on barrel

3. Place Barrel Nut on Barrel. Using anti-seize, tighten and back off Barrel Nut 3 times. On third tightening, torque to 40 ft/lbs. Continue tightening until Gas Tube Hole in Barrel Nut aligns with Hole in Upper Receiver. During tightening process, do not exceed 80 ft/lbs

4. Slide Gas Tube through hole in Upper Receiver and Barrel Nut and into Gas Block. Make sure Gas Port in Tube is aligned correctly. Pin Gas Tube to Gas Block. Straighten Gas Tube as required to fit Gas Key

5. Place Handguards on barrel. Torque Handguard Nut

6.Install Bolt Carrier group and check headspace

7. Install Upper to Lower. Perform function checks

After picking up the parts and test fitting them, along with input from IG, I believe I have the assembly order correct

Iraqgunz
02-26-11, 17:52
Here is what I would do.

Get the barrel nut as tight as you can, w/o exceeding 80ft/lbs. Do it three times and on the 3rd time line it up.

Install the tube into gas block and then slide it into place. It needs to go through the hole properly not necessarily lining up with the gas key. If it is a little crooked inside the upper you can straighten it then.

Pin the gas block in place.

The forward assist and dust cover assemblies are installed.

The following need to be installed-
-Lothar Walther Barrel
-VLTOR Low Profile Gas Block
-Gas Tube
-PRI Delta Handguard

From what I understand, the assembly order is:

Using proper assembly blocks-
-Place barrel in upper
-Place handguard nut on barrel
-Place Barrel Nut on Barrel. Using anti-seize, torque Barrel Nut to 40 in/lbs. If Barrel Nut Gas Tube Hole does not align with Gas Key, tighten Barrel Nut until it does. Do not exceed 80 in/lbs
-Place Gas Tube in Barrel Nut Gas Tube Hole
-Install Gas Block on Barrel and align with Gas Port and Gas Tube. Tighten Gas Block Set Screws/install Cross Pins

Do I have this right? Thanks

MistWolf
02-26-11, 20:59
Thank you for the correction