PDA

View Full Version : Tikka T3 Light/Hunter

MarkG
02-27-11, 08:54
The collection of Tikka bolts guns continues to grow. I think they are the best "stock" bolt action rifles you buy at any price. The actions and accuracy are unbelievable. My son and I just finished putting together his new .243 with a Manners stock. It easily shot 1/2 minute with Federal Gameking 85g BTHP.

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-27-11, 10:35
I agree outstanding rifles! I love the way the bolt pops up so easy and the fact that they are all built on long actions. Plus now that Tom is making stocks its win win. I would love to see some pic of your collection on Tikia rifles.

Jon

Abraxas
02-27-11, 10:49
Been a fan for a while. They are great rifles.

jmac603
02-27-11, 14:46
I agree outstanding rifles! I love the way the bolt pops up so easy and the fact that they are all built on long actions. Plus now that Tom is making stocks its win win. I would love to see some pic of your collection on Tikia rifles.

Jon

Who is this "Tom" you speak of? I have been looking for a stock for my T3 Lite for quite some time now.

MarkG
02-27-11, 15:03
Manners Stocks (http://mannerstocks.com/tikka-t3-sako-q22/)

ICANHITHIMMAN
02-27-11, 16:08
Who is this "Tom" you speak of? I have been looking for a stock for my T3 Lite for quite some time now.

Why Tom Manners of course. Hell of a nice guy so nice infact I am now a life long customer.

longball
03-02-11, 12:15
Sorry for the hijack but, I need some opinions and thought it better to post here than start a new thread. It sounds like everyone has been really happy with their Tikkas and I have a Howa 300 win mag that has been a great whitetail gun. I have a 308 build in mind and have found both a Tikka and a Howa that I could purchase. My question is: Would a Tikka stainless Varmint for $550-600 or a Howa varmint for $470 be a better option for a starting point? What are your opinions on the factory Tikka stock? I know the Hogue on the Howa would have to go but haven't heard much about the factory stocks from Tikka. Having never fired a Tikka of any kind and just comparing them side by side the only big advantage I see to the Tikka is the detachable mag system. Any info or opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: If i could buy the Tikka for under $650 and the stock was good to go I would actually be in it for less money than the Howa and a B&C stock from stockysstocks. That is the reason for my questions. This gun will just be a long range toy and possibly another whitetail stick. No serious social purposes intended.

MarkG
03-02-11, 14:26
Sorry for the hijack but, I need some opinions and thought it better to post here than start a new thread. It sounds like everyone has been really happy with their Tikkas and I have a Howa 300 win mag that has been a great whitetail gun. I have a 308 build in mind and have found both a Tikka and a Howa that I could purchase. My question is: Would a Tikka stainless Varmint for $550-600 or a Howa varmint for $470 be a better option for a starting point? What are your opinions on the factory Tikka stock? I know the Hogue on the Howa would have to go but haven't heard much about the factory stocks from Tikka. Having never fired a Tikka of any kind and just comparing them side by side the only big advantage I see to the Tikka is the detachable mag system. Any info or opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: If i could buy the Tikka for under $650 and the stock was good to go I would actually be in it for less money than the Howa and a B&C stock from stockysstocks. That is the reason for my questions. This gun will just be a long range toy and possibly another whitetail stick. No serious social purposes intended.

Tikka T3 Hunter = Walnut Stock
Tikka T3 Lite = Composite Stock

The walnut on the Hunter is very nice. The composite stock on the Lite is just OK.

longball
03-02-11, 15:36
The Tikka is a Varmint model, not the lite.
Tikka Varmint stainless: http://www.tikka.fi/t3models.php?varmintss

Abraxas
03-02-11, 16:04
The Tikka is a Varmint model, not the lite.
Tikka Varmint stainless: http://www.tikka.fi/t3models.php?varmintss I say go with the Tikka. I found the stocks to fit me very well. All of the ones that I have been around shoot great, have a very smooth action and decent trigger right out of the box.

spdldr
03-14-11, 19:46
Some if not all of the Tikkas with the polymer bolt sleeves have a problem. Mine fractured at less than 100 rounds. The weapon will still shoot, but looks terrible. Rather than get a new one (unless it's free) I suggest getting an aluminum alloy replacement. They are CNC machined. Hinterland Shooting Supplies in Australia makes them. When I contacted them they said that they were now having them made here in the states, but I've forgotten where. They are about $70.00 if I remember correctly. (since I have my own machine shop, I made my replacement)

Check yours, as it may be starting to crack already.

PrarieDog
03-15-11, 00:24
While I cannot comment on teh newer T3's I do love my older Tikka Master Sporters in .223 and .22-250. The old 595 action shoots great. I would love to find a .308 in an older Master Sporter. Anyways what i am getting at is that I am so satisfied with my Tikkas, if I were in the market for a new bolt action they would be one of the first ones to look for.

wakeboarder4402
04-03-11, 21:22
I have two T3 varmints in .223 and .308 and absolutely love them! (the fact that I paid under $900 for both brand new doesn't hurt either) I built a pretty decent load for the .223 using a 55gr Berger and can shoot sub .5 moa all day long. The trigger is heaven and the action is smooth as butter. The stocks leave something to be desired but it appears there are some out there to remedy that. Just an all around great gun, very underrated imho. Pick one up, you won't be disappointed.

308smk
04-07-11, 02:57
My buddy, a new shooter, picked up a T3 Light stainless in .270 Smoothest bolt I've ever felt on a rifle. ****in thing was riding on glass rails lubed with unicorn jizz or something. Shot around MOA@100 consistently off a bag.

Counter salesman almost sold him a Stevens before I showed up at the store :rolleyes:

JW5219
04-07-11, 15:06
They really are nice rifles. I own 5 Tikka's and they all shoot very well. Triggers are easy to adjust and the action is smooth as it gets. Great value.