PDA

View Full Version : Urbino Stock for Benelli M4

transition2secondary
02-27-11, 09:09
I ordered this stock a month ago and it's still on backorder. Does anyone have this stock installed and have any time on the gun with it? Just curious if my wait will be rewarded. It's going on my M4 and is the last piece I need to make my Benelli 18 U.S.C. § 922(r) compliant (I added a full length magazine tube and a new follower).

Apparently, these are hard to come by right now. Thanks for the info.

slider76
02-28-11, 00:05
Hey,

Installation is a snap: just reinstall the bolt and trigger group before you install the urbino.

It feels good on the shoulder and I get as good a cheekweld as before, but I haven't shot it yet. I do expect the limbsaver to keep my shoulder from getting too sore. Last time out at the range, I went through slugs, 00 and birdshot, total of about 100-150 rounds. I was sore for a few days after that one.

AustinWolv
02-28-11, 17:05
I ordered this stock a month ago and it's still on backorder. Does anyone have this stock installed and have any time on the gun with it? Just curious if my wait will be rewarded. It's going on my M4 and is the last piece I need to make my Benelli 18 U.S.C. § 922(r) compliant (I added a full length magazine tube and a new follower).

Apparently, these are hard to come by right now. Thanks for the info.

I like it much better than the Benelli stock. Much better LOP and feels more natural to me now instead of the gun hanging 'out there'.
The pistol grip on the Urbino feels very close to the Benelli but has squarer corners at the back. Thus, the Benelli grip is actually a bit more comfortable as it is curved more. Simple fix: Pull the Benelli grip off, pull the Urbino grip off, and swap them.
The Urbino stock is how the pistol grip stock on the Benelli should have come.
I have not tried the Benelli collapsible stock.

Pleased with the Urbino.

chriskc04
02-28-11, 21:14
I like it much better than the Benelli stock. Much better LOP and feels more natural to me now instead of the gun hanging 'out there'.
The pistol grip on the Urbino feels very close to the Benelli but has squarer corners at the back. Thus, the Benelli grip is actually a bit more comfortable as it is curved more. Simple fix: Pull the Benelli grip off, pull the Urbino grip off, and swap them.
The Urbino stock is how the pistol grip stock on the Benelli should have come.
I have not tried the Benelli collapsible stock.

Pleased with the Urbino.

What he said.

calviroman
03-01-11, 08:21
I had waited for a while for the Urbino -- but when the C-Stocks hit the market about 2 months ago I jumped on it. There were several hundred sold for between $225 and $255, more than the Urbino, but a good deal none the less. Here's a pic:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad51/calviroman/DSCN1985.jpg

AustinWolv
03-01-11, 10:43
I had waited for a while for the Urbino -- but when the C-Stocks hit the market about 2 months ago I jumped on it. There were several hundred sold for between $225 and $255, more than the Urbino, but a good deal none the less. Here's a pic:

Which shows the price gouging that those sellers were doing at the time and thus why I won't give them any of my money, as they were selling for $500-600+ until the Urbino came out. As soon as the Urbino released, those ****s dropped their price to the $255 mark.

transition2secondary
03-01-11, 15:00
Is the LOP the same for the collapsable stock as it is for the fixed factory Benelli stock? It only has two positions, correct? Full length and collapsed?

AustinWolv
03-01-11, 15:04
Is the LOP the same for the collapsable stock as it is for the fixed factory Benelli stock? It only has two positions, correct? Full length and collapsed?

It has multiple positions.

Supergrade
03-17-11, 22:28
Wish Illinois allowed that stock on my M4...

pwraudio1
03-18-11, 12:35
I have Urbino Stock on my M4 and love it. Way better LOP!!! I have about 300 00buck down range with the new stock. Worth the wait!

IZinterrogator
03-21-11, 10:56
I have only fired about 20 rounds for test-firing since I installed my Urbino stock and my Carriercomp titanium magazine tube last week, but it felt much better handling than the factory fixed stock. I did swap out the pistol grip for the original Benelli one as suggested by AustinWolv before I fired it; the Mesa grip was too blocky for my liking and reduced my reach to the safety with my thumb.

Gallo Pazzesco
04-01-11, 15:30
So they are now making collapsible stocks that actually fit and work on the M4s? I'd love to have one for my Desert Camo M4. But that's not the Urbino by Mesa Tactical is it? It's the C-Stock? Wonder where I might find one of those?

Here is the link to the Urbino release from Mesa:

http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=152

Anyone know where I can find a C-Stock that will fit mine?

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz196/itsgreat2balive/Mobile%20Uploads/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjAtMjAwOTA5MTktMDAwO.jpg