PDA

View Full Version : Masada to be in the New Ghost Recon

DrDrake
09-13-07, 12:37
link to you tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NGH4pwzSS0&eurl=)

link (http://ghostrecon.filefront.com/file/Magpul_Masada;82767#Download)

screenshots.filesnetwork.com/66/files2/82767_1.jpg

m.adams
09-13-07, 12:54
Fixed your image, and sent a PM
http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/66/files2/82767_1.jpg

Snake RAH
09-13-07, 13:42
7.62x45? What's that?

m.adams
09-13-07, 14:41
7.62x45? What's that?

a typo

dubb-1
09-13-07, 14:56
Cool. I'm not really a gamer, as I only play Socom: Combined Assault, but I may have to check this one out. It seems as though they have made an honest attempt to make it fairly realistic.

tiger seven
09-13-07, 15:15
If there were any lingering doubts, now you know you've made it to the big time! :D

The Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter games are pretty fun. They were inspired by the Future Force Warrior project and are set in the near future. As such, the games feature a lot of "next gen" weapons. The Masada certainly belongs there.

I still prefer SOCOM, though. :rolleyes:

Derek

MerQ
09-13-07, 21:21
I prefer Ghost Recon 2 Summit Strike to the newer games (GRAW 1 and 2) personally, but that's cool new information. The lead designer multiplayer designer of the games is an ex-Marine and avid gun owner/ collector. I met him on a few occasions and play with him as well when we cross paths online.

I don't know if all this information belonged here or the general section though.

SnowFella
09-14-07, 05:29
Fun to see my little project acctually making it into realsteel forums :eek:
Got to thank m.adams for letting me in on the excistance of this thread, cheers mate! I might just make you that Leonidas one day afterall :p

As m.adams said the whole 7.62x45 is indeed a typo and has since been rectified on the original copy of that image that I'm hosting on my website, filefront seems to be using their own hosting and has got the un-edited file still.

For those interested there's plenty more screenshots and renders to be seen in the thread I created at ghostrecon.net back when I started making these models, it's kinda big by now at 28 pages.
ghostrecon.net thread (http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44808)

Razoreye
10-06-07, 13:27
Fun to see my little project acctually making it into realsteel forums :eek:
Got to thank m.adams for letting me in on the excistance of this thread, cheers mate! I might just make you that Leonidas one day afterall :p

As m.adams said the whole 7.62x45 is indeed a typo and has since been rectified on the original copy of that image that I'm hosting on my website, filefront seems to be using their own hosting and has got the un-edited file still.

For those interested there's plenty more screenshots and renders to be seen in the thread I created at ghostrecon.net back when I started making these models, it's kinda big by now at 28 pages.
ghostrecon.net thread (http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44808)

I had a love/hate relationship with GRAW1. Any realistic weaponed game is welcome in my book. ;)

ROSS4712
10-06-07, 13:58
Cool. I'll be looking forward to playing it.

Now all you need is to get it on Rainbow Six Vegas.

That is the baddest first person shooter next to Halo 3.

Gunfighter13
10-06-07, 17:33
The files also work in the DEMO. Looks great and has cool sounds.:cool:

MerQ
10-06-07, 17:47
Cool. I'll be looking forward to playing it.

Now all you need is to get it on Rainbow Six Vegas.

That is the baddest first person shooter next to CAll of Duty 4.

Fixed it for you.

bushmasterar15
10-06-07, 21:13
I'm going to have to check it out.

variablebinary
10-06-07, 22:49
Get your gun into video game, 24 or a Michael Mann movie and world is your oyster.

Lumpy196
10-06-07, 23:47
Screw video games....when is one going to be in my gun safe? :D

ROSS4712
10-07-07, 00:06
Fixed it for you.

Just put that top back on that big ole bottle of HATER-Aide and stick it in the fridge.

Halo 3 rules first person!

SuicideHz
10-07-07, 00:19
I've been playing GRAW 1 for awhile now.

I like it.

Don't know if I'm going to upgrade to 2 though.

I need that Masada though.

I'm on Grant's list.

I bet we won't see them until after SHOT huh?

kal
10-07-07, 00:27
Dude, my 360 got red lights 3 days ago and just will not work. I called service and I'm getting it replaced. And just when I was going to get Halo 3. Murphy is a real a-hole.

About the Masada, it's just an AR18. There's nothing to be excited about.

wooooooooooohhhhh big deal, you can change a barrel. That's retarded.

If I want a short or long barrel, I'll just buy a hole new gun. That's what ends up happening anyway. You buy a 20" AR15, then you buy a 16" flat top to set up as a house gun. You end up eventually buying a retractable stock lower for your 16".

No difference with the Masada. You got a 16", then you want a SBR so you register the upper receiver and get a 10" barrel. All of a sudden you feel the need to "finish" the 16" barrel that has been replaced so you buy an upper and lower and all the other parts, now what do you have?

2 freaking guns.

People get happy over the dumbest stuff.

Rule303
10-07-07, 02:09
So, does this mean that airsoft copies of the Masada will soon be flooding the market?

MerQ
10-07-07, 08:47
Just put that top back on that big ole bottle of HATER-Aide and stick it in the fridge.

Halo 3 rules first person!

No I'm not a hater I have Halo 3 as well but Call of Duty 4 is a much better game. I don't know if you played the CoD4 Multiplayer Beta or not yet though. I have a hard time taking any game seriously where you can step on exploding grenades and not die (referring to Halo .)

I personally hate the "Hollywood treatment" they gave to the Rainbow Six series but that's a discussion for another time. For the record though Rainbow Six 3 is the best mix of tactical realism, precision, accessibility, and action that the series will ever see IMO. Rainbow Six: Vegas was made to appease the "Halo Crowd" who felt that the older games were "too hard" to play well.

graffex
10-07-07, 12:25

Some people say the dumbest stuff...

SuicideHz
10-07-07, 12:50
Dude, my 360 got red lights 3 days ago and just will not work. I called service and I'm getting it replaced. And just when I was going to get Halo 3. Murphy is a real a-hole.

If I want a short or long barrel, I'll just buy a hole new gun. That's what ends up happening anyway. You buy a 20" AR15, then you buy a 16" flat top to set up as a house gun. You end up eventually buying a retractable stock lower for your 16".

No difference with the Masada. You got a 16", then you want a SBR so you register the upper receiver and get a 10" barrel. All of a sudden you feel the need to "finish" the 16" barrel that has been replaced so you buy an upper and lower and all the other parts, now what do you have?

2 freaking guns.

:rolleyes:

Yeah. Go back to your HALO. You are obviously better suited to your mother's basement than a forum with real people.

kal
10-07-07, 13:36
Yeah. Go back to your HALO. You are obviously better suited to your mother's basement than a forum with real people.

Why do you have to try and insult me?

Was it my veiw on the Masada rifle that got you upset? What was it?

I brought in good arguments on why the Masada is nothing special. If you disagree, well then I'd like to understand why.

Or maybe you're better suited to an elementry school playground instead of in a forum with real people.

DrDrake
10-07-07, 13:59
Originally Posted by kal

2 freaking guns.

I brought in good arguments on why the Masada is nothing special. If you disagree, well then I'd like to understand why.

Or maybe you're better suited to an elementry school playground instead of in a forum with real people.

I'll give it a shot. First off the Masada is not just an AR-18. For you to make that assumption means you know nothing about the Masada or the AR-18. Are there similarities? Sure. For starters click herehttp://www.magpul.com/pdfs/masada_technote.pdf I'll let you do the research on the differences.

If changing the barrel is the only info on the Masada you see as a value then you do need to stick to video games. And if you think that the answer to changing barrels is buying two rifles that have different barrel lengths then, well you don't have any experience beyond games.

We feel that there is plenty to be excited about the Masada. If you're really into the weapons scene and want to express how you feel, do some research before posting comments like above. Otherwise you look like you're stepping on your dick with golf shoes.

Hawkeye
10-07-07, 14:59

Insult? That was no insult. An insult would be if I said you were an assinine idiot that had no business being internet, much less a serious firearms board.

I would HIGHLY suggest that you do just that. Go back to playing HALO and enjoy yourself.

kal
10-07-07, 15:07
You think I'm new to the weapons scene because I mentioned video games?:D lol

BTW, I've seen the tech notes and other stuff already. The masada pretty much uses the same gas system. The bolt group IS AN AR18, and a g36 and a sar80 and numerous others.

Uses the 7 lug bolt with plunger ejector blah blah blah same crap. You take out the firing pin retainer, take out firing pin, take out cam pin, pull out bolt. It's an ar18 dude. The only thing different is that the masada uses one recoil spring/guide rod assebly that's also semi permanently attached to the carrier. The ar18 uses two guide rods and recoil springs.

The only differences is the handling characteristics. The masada is fully ambidextrious and the ar18 is not.

Honestly, I see no differences in operating internally.

And enough with the video game insults, will you?

If you like the masada then get one when it comes out, nobody is stopping you. No need to get so aggressive.

SHIVAN
10-07-07, 15:07

If I want a short or long barrel, I'll just buy a hole new gun.

How old are you? Serious question.

Hawkeye
10-07-07, 15:10
If you like the masada then get one when it comes out, nobody is stopping you. No need to get so aggressive.

And if you dont like it, and have not even handled one, then keep your "opinions" to yourself. Better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

SHIVAN
10-07-07, 15:10
The only differences is the handling characteristics. The masada is fully ambidextrious and the ar18 is not.

Tell us the truth, outside of pictures on the internet, you've never seen or handled the Masada -- isn't that true??

Hawkeye
10-07-07, 15:11
How old are you? Serious question.

Want to take bets??

Hawkeye
10-07-07, 15:13
Tell us the truth, outside of pictures on the internet, you've never seen or handled the Masada -- isn't that true??

He must have Shiv. In fact, I bet he was probably standing right next to us both at SHOT disassembling it himself. Thats how he knows so much detailed info about it and can offer such an edjucated review.

SHIVAN
10-07-07, 15:15
...and can offer such an edjucated review.

When guys like "Zak_Smith" get excited about a new rifle system, I tend to shut the hell up and listen to what they are saying...

My views may differ from theirs in the end, but I definitely listen.

I'd venture that an AR18 has never been in his possession either...:p

MerQ
10-07-07, 15:26
Want to take bets??

The older I get the more I'm inclined to say that age has no direct correlation with maturity or intelligence. That's not a shot at anyone here but merely a fact that young fools usually become old fools. I've met some very bright young people and some very ignorant older people and I hold that statement true.

Hawkeye
10-07-07, 15:41
The older I get the more I'm inclined to say that age has no direct correlation with maturity or intelligence. That's not a shot at anyone here but merely a fact that young fools usually become old fools. I've met some very bright young people and some very ignorant older people and I hold that statement true.

And I would tend to say you are correct. Not all fools are young.

C4IGrant
10-07-07, 16:06

2 freaking guns.

Have you actually ever handled the Masada? If so, you wouldn't say such stupid things.

C4

Business_Casual
10-07-07, 16:28
Are any of those variants actually planned or are they just game versions? A carbine in 7.62x39 would be of interest.

M_P

SHIVAN
10-07-07, 17:27
Are any of those variants actually planned or are they just game versions? A carbine in 7.62x39 would be of interest.

It was one of the basic setups at SHOT. Not sure which they are pursuing first, or if they are going to run concurrent production but both were on display.

kal
10-07-07, 17:34
No I haven't handled the masada but tried to get as much info on it as possible.

So I came up with some rather unfavorable opinions, so what? Might change later on.

If what I say isn't important and my opinions don't matter then why do you let what I say get to you guys?

I'm still going to stick around as I'm sure there are helpful people on this board that will continue to answer my questions on the ar15 platform. I just hope that recently I've ran into some individuals that have had a bad day.

You know at first I wasn't really attacking the Masada. I just felt that the amount of modularity involved in this system wasn't very attractive to me at this point in time, key word "me". Then it went on from there and all hell broke loose.

SHIVAN
10-07-07, 17:51
If what I say isn't important and my opinions don't matter then why do you let what I say get to you guys?

This website is a little different. We try to espouse accurate information, and firsthand opinions. Firsthand opinions that are both positive and negative.

The fact that you've never handled the Masada, but choose to bash it does not sit will, nor will it ever. It's just the way this site is geared and run.

Your ignorance on this issue doesn't "get to us" at all. It's in our charter to make sure that ignorance does not become "internet fact".

So excuse us if we aggressively pursue misinformation and ignorant opinions.

How old are you?

Hawkeye
10-07-07, 18:06
No I haven't handled the masada but tried to get as much info on it as possible.

So I came up with some rather unfavorable opinions, so what? Might change later on.

I'm still going to stick around as I'm sure there are helpful people on this board that will continue to answer my questions on the ar15 platform. I just hope that recently I've ran into some individuals that have had a bad day.

You know at first I wasn't really attacking the Masada. I just felt that the amount of modularity involved in this system wasn't very attractive to me at this point in time, key word "me". Then it went on from there and all hell broke loose.

You were posting comments in a way to portray them as factual information, about a weapon that you have no first hand experieince with and the info is not accurate. It is not an AR18. This is how rumors and false information gets spread around not only the internet and the gun world. THAT is the problem. Your opinion is your opinion, and you are entitled to that. But when posting it, it needs to be made very clear that it is just YOUR OPINION, and it should be left at that. Saying that people are dumb for getting happy over soemething that you have never even touched, is not a wise thing to do.

C4IGrant
10-07-07, 19:17

Its not your opinion that bothers us, its that fact that you think your opinion is right EVEN though you have not been within 100 miles of a Masada. People that put down something that they have never tried or at least handled and field stripped (as many here have) makes no sense (to any of us).

C4

SuicideHz
10-07-07, 19:35
I know I haven't touched one or seen one at Shot, but there are guys here who have and I value their opinions. I can feel safe with the opinion I've formed based on what I've read on it, seen about it, watched about it and heard from guys here.

Grant is doing us all a favor by starting a preorder list. I'm on it. I can't wait. Guys that know what they are talking about like it and I have a feeling that someone like me, several hundred rungs down the ladder, will like it too.

C4IGrant
10-07-07, 19:45
I know I haven't touched one or seen one at Shot, but there are guys here who have and I value their opinions. I can feel safe with the opinion I've formed based on what I've read on it, seen about it, watched about it and heard from guys here.

Grant is doing us all a favor by starting a preorder list. I'm on it. I can't wait. Guys that know what they are talking about like it and I have a feeling that someone like me, several hundred rungs down the ladder, will like it too.

Boy some days, you are really smart! :D

A good portion of the people in this thread have held, field stripped and asked about 1.1 Million questions to the manufacturers. In fact, Shivan, Hawkeye and I were all standing there together with our mouths wide open as Drake broke it down for use at Shot.
The weapon knowledge on this forum is second to none an if we are excited about a new weapon, then that should be viewed as a clue by people that don't have one.

C4

SuicideHz
10-07-07, 19:45
Thanks, jerk! ;)

C4IGrant
10-07-07, 19:49
Thanks, jerk! ;)

LOL, am I lying? Today is a good day for you I think. :D

C4

SuicideHz
10-07-07, 19:51
Why is that? I've got some really nasty gas right now. Maybe it's keeping me light headed and cheery...:eek:

kal
10-07-07, 20:18
How old are you?

20 years.

SuicideHz
10-07-07, 20:39
You're kidding, right?

kal
10-07-07, 20:45
You're kidding, right?

Alright, what's your problem?

KintlaLake
10-07-07, 20:47
Somebody should be charging admission for this thread. :D

SuicideHz
10-07-07, 21:11
Yeah, I remember you calling the Masada RETARDED because you can just buy a 16" upper and a 20" upper.

I just don't think you should be suggesting what we should do in order to avoid the retarded plastic AR18 when you've done neither of the options. That's just my opinion though.

D-gin
10-07-07, 21:40
Wow, Just wow.

SuicideHz
10-07-07, 22:08
What? :confused:

Razoreye
10-07-07, 22:15
Huh, this thread took a turn for the worse??

D-gin
10-07-07, 22:56
What? :confused:

When someone decides to give incite on a weapon they have no time on, It always makes my laugh.

SuicideHz
10-07-07, 23:11
So Kopper, GRAW 2 is already out and someone made this mod for it, right?

This wasn't a Ubisoft/Magpul colaboration right?

I'm gonna have to see if there's a Masada for GRAW. I've had 1 for probably 6 months now and only played half here and there.

I've downloaded equipment like M4s, a MEUSOC 1911, Eotechs, Aimpoints and FN SCARs, or is the SCAR included? I don't remember anymore...

Anyway, this Masada will have to do for now I guess...

TigerStripe
10-08-07, 01:08

M_P

My understanding (from reading mainly) is that the 5.56 will come first followed shortly thereafter by the 7.62x39. There are "intentions" for 6.8 SPC, 6.5Gr and possibly a 5.45x39. No, I haven't handled one personally but I'm still excited about it.

TS

SnowFella
10-08-07, 01:53
So Kopper, GRAW 2 is already out and someone made this mod for it, right?

This wasn't a Ubisoft/Magpul colaboration right?

I'm gonna have to see if there's a Masada for GRAW. I've had 1 for probably 6 months now and only played half here and there.

I've downloaded equipment like M4s, a MEUSOC 1911, Eotechs, Aimpoints and FN SCARs, or is the SCAR included? I don't remember anymore...

Anyway, this Masada will have to do for now I guess...

I can respond to that one as I'm the one who released the mod. :D

And it is exactly what you asked in the first question, a user made mod for an already released game...no involvement by either UBI/GRIN or Magpul. Simply me seeing the weaponsystem and finding it interesting enough to make the models and release them.

To date though I've only released it for GRAW2 but as the filesystem in GRAW is near identical to GRAW2 it wouldn't be all to hard to port the mod back to GRAW. It's just a lack of free time on my side that stops me from doing so, dang freelance work is taking all my modding time.

As for downloaded GRAW mods, if you have an M4 Sopmod pack that also includes a 1911 MEUSOC then I'm the guilty party who made it. SCAR's were originally in the game when released.

Edit: Here's something a mate (m.adams on these boards) has been naggin me about...with intent from his side to pass on to Magpul. Some higher resolution renders of the models...keep in mind here that the textures weren't really made to stand up to static renders of this size and tend to look alittle funky. Plus my lighting skills suck!
Masada 5.56x45 Carbine, Tan (http://www.snowfella-modworks.com/pics/masada-556-carbine-tan.jpg)
Masada 5.56x45 Carbine, Black....early test of colour correcting them from tan to black (http://www.snowfella-modworks.com/pics/masada-556-carbine-black.jpg)
Masada 7.62x39 "CQBR", Tan (http://www.snowfella-modworks.com/pics/masada-762-cqbr-tan.jpg)
Masada 5.56x45 "SPR", Tan (http://www.snowfella-modworks.com/pics/masada-556-spr-tan.jpg)

SuicideHz
10-08-07, 19:02
Nice job!

TPDSOT
10-11-07, 00:01
You were posting comments in a way to portray them as factual information, about a weapon that you have no first hand experieince with and the info is not accurate. It is not an AR18. This is how rumors and false information gets spread around not only the internet and the gun world. THAT is the problem. Your opinion is your opinion, and you are entitled to that. But when posting it, it needs to be made very clear that it is just YOUR OPINION, and it should be left at that. Saying that people are dumb for getting happy over soemething that you have never even touched, is not a wise thing to do.

I have! Whats more I saw it disassembled elevntybillion times. I thought it was a bang on bitchin' rifle! In fact when they had their backs turned I fondled like fine woman...

TPDUSA

dubb-1
10-12-07, 18:24
I can't believe this thread hasn't been "sanitized".

SHIVAN
10-12-07, 19:08

It's a thread about a game. It's kinda low on the priority totem. :p

dubb-1
10-12-07, 21:22
I know. I'm just a grumpy old man that seems to be severely lacking in the patience department.;)

Razoreye
10-13-07, 13:46

LOL...