PDA

View Full Version : What accessories should i buy?

pbmaster2k89
02-27-11, 20:58
my buddy said he's giving me 60$ toward gear for my guns. i can't figure out what to get. i have a bcm m4 carbine with quad rail, front grip, bipod, and scope. I also have a sig 226 9mm (no accessories) and a ruger 10/22 with scope, barrel band, and bipod (soon ill have the savage arms model 10 308 rifle with a threaded barrel, i got the scope and bipod for it already (i am getting a flash hider for that also) i use my guns for target shooting and if i need to, ill use my handgun and m4 for self defence.

Chameleox
02-27-11, 21:40
Buy things that you have a need for. Otherwise, buy training ammo.

pbmaster2k89
02-27-11, 21:45
yea im thinkin a tactical laser for my handgun

Travis B
02-27-11, 21:52
Sell the bipods and use that money, with the $60 from your friend, to buy ammo and shoot. I would also consider holding off on the Savage for, you guessed it, more ammo. All the accessories in the world won't help your rifle shoot great groups.

pbmaster2k89
02-27-11, 22:02
true true and when i do get the 308, what flash hider would u guys recommend? ive been told dpms is great and others have said they suck.

Travis B
02-27-11, 22:22
true true and when i do get the 308, what flash hider would u guys recommend? ive been told dpms is great and others have said they suck.

If you insist on having a flash hider on a bolt gun, get one from Moses (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142659&perpage=50&pagenumber=1)over at FALFiles. I have one on my IMBEL/DSA and it works wonders. And Rawles recommends them, if you enjoy his opinion.

tuck
02-28-11, 00:05

No.

Ditch some of the tacticool doodads, and buy some ammo. Use said ammo to practice with and get a good set of fundamentals down before you go and buy the latest and greatest tactical widget.

In fact I just sold my AK to help feed my AR. There's no point in owning a bunch of different platforms if you can't master any of them.

Littlelebowski
02-28-11, 12:46
STOP. Take a class before anything else. Don't be a guy that "accessorizes."

Be a shooter.

awm14hp
02-28-11, 12:49

Lasers are good for people that know how to shoot already its a tool and shouldnt be used as a crutch. Like others said get training or training ammo before you go ninja crazy

GlockWRX
02-28-11, 13:00
Do you have a holster, belt, and mag carrier for your P226? How about a good flashlight? Extra mags for the SIG or M4?

Hmac
02-28-11, 13:11
AR15...the new Harley Davidson. "Don't ride it, accessorize it".

Watrdawg
02-28-11, 15:18
STOP. Take a class before anything else. Don't be a guy that "accessorizes."

Be a shooter.

My thoughts exactly. Sell some of your other accessories and put the money towards a class. Worst case you will have a blast in the class. All puns intended of course

Chameleox
02-28-11, 18:45
This thread reminds me of...
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee467/Chameleox/ak.png

eo500
02-28-11, 20:50
You didn't mention a sling for the M4. If you don't have one you need to get one. If you already have a sling, I agree with the ammo and training suggestions that everyone else has suggested.

Delta1067
02-28-11, 21:48
Sell the laser and buy a flashlight.

Find ManBearPig!
02-28-11, 21:51
This thread reminds me of...
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee467/Chameleox/ak.png

Oh god yes, this is perfect moment for this. I have never looked at a railed AK the same way since reading this...

evolixsurf
03-01-11, 23:48
screw the laser. Really, the best thing you can do is find a local carbine class, sign up and run it. You will not regret it, and youll probably come back here to thank me. Seriously check it out. You dont realize how incompetent you are until you start going to these things.

J-Dub
03-02-11, 08:14
Your pistol is just about worthless without a holster. Might aswell get mag carriers and a belt while your at it.....and some ammo.

aflin
03-02-11, 09:42
Forget about the laser. Get ammo, a holster, mag carrier and training.

MookNW
03-02-11, 09:55
Sling?

NeoNeanderthal
03-02-11, 13:24
When people say just buy ammo and shoot they are totally right. They see accessories as being grips, rails, aftermarket stocks, lasers, muzzle devices ext. They want you to learn to use your gun before you strap all that crap on it (i agree with this). Like a few others have posted though there are some basic things that i think anyone/everyone should have for their gun that will enable you to actually practice. (cant practice reloads with only one magazine, cant really practice shoulder changes with out a sling, cant work low light without a flashlight ext ext.)

A sling
Magazines (cant go wrong getting extra magazines)
Simple cheap mag pouch(s) You can get some at cabelas real cheap or find surplus ones at army navy stores. Once youve used them you can figure out what you want.
Some will say you NEED a flashlight on a fighting rifle, i tend to agree but if your just starting out it could get in your way more then help you and cheap ones break, or fall off. However if you know what your doing and are willing to get a quality light then thats great.

Moose-Knuckle
03-02-11, 20:29
Magazines, one can never have too many mags as they are a disposable commodity and might be subject to future legislation.

Next on the list. . .ammo to load in the mags.

johnlee
03-05-11, 05:17
Magazines, one can never have too many mags as they are a disposable commodity and might be subject to future legislation.

Next on the list. . .ammo to load in the mags.

There was a mag ban not to long ago and still is in some states. I got a blast of reality from a buddy that lives in Kalifornia, he thinks I'm nuts for not stocking up on mags. I dropped my other upgrades on my guns for now and putting my money into mags and ammo. I also have a 226, mags ain't cheap, about $40 a pop. When you think you have enough for each gun buy a few more. Same with ammo, you can never really have enough.

I don't think flashlights will be banned anytime soon.

MeanRider
03-05-11, 07:40
Sling, P Mags and Ammo