PDA

View Full Version : MTAC Holster Mod

PaulL
02-28-11, 10:32
Though I'd share this in case I'm not the only one with this issue...

I'm always irritated by the butt of my gun sticking out away from the body and printing, which limits my clothing choices. My initial solution was to use the Comp-Tac Infidel with the shirt-tucker strut. The stiff plastic towards the back pulled the butt in and all was well. I also used the belt clip on the body of the holster for added stability. Unfortunately, it's not as comfortable as some other options. I got looking at the MTAC, and the tension screws are in the same place as all of Comp-Tac's other holsters, so I tried adding the shirt-tucker strut to it. It required a very slight "oval-ing" of one of the holes in the strut, but worked out great in the end. I also cut down the rubber spacers to accommodate the thickness of the strut. The end result is perfect. Comfort AND no butt jutting out for people to see. I'm planning on getting rid of the skinny clip on the front, too. That thing seems like it's going to break any minute.

Anyway, here it is. You can see how the cant angle is pretty much fixed now, but it still works fine for me. I suppose you could adjust that, too, with a little creative heat-gunning.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c250/truthseeker1106/Gun%20Pics/3feb8048.jpg

DaveR
02-28-11, 11:10
Good write up. I like the Comp-Tac products myself. I also tried the tucker clip on my Infidel and didn't like it as much so I went back to the regular set up.

I'm going to give this a try. I've found the Comp-Tac people easy to deal with so I don't mind spending my money there. Like your choice of carry pistol too.

Dave