PDA

View Full Version : Sig Pro question

cdunn
02-28-11, 16:02
I'm thinking about a sig pro after my dad bought my 19.I just found out there is a new and old version is one any better than the other?I've shot my wifes cousins and I think its an old version, what is different between the 2?I've been a little looking around they are pretty cheap,are there any down sides to them?

glocktogo
02-28-11, 16:58
Since you've asked all the right questions and haven't purchased one yet, I'd seriously reconsider getting a SigPro. Compared to the other Sig offerings, they're not well regarded. Accessories such as holsters are more restricted because they never caught on.

There's a reason they sell for so much less than a regular Sig.

Amontgomery
02-28-11, 18:21
I had a SP2009 and I hated it. When I first got it, I couldn't get a mag to feed through it without at least 3 jams (out of a 10rd mag). After I broke it in a bit better, and replaced the plastic guiderod for a polished steel one, I would get a jam every 2 mags or so. Plus side, I learned malfunctions clearing like a machine.

I sold it after a few months. I think I would stick to the 226 and the 220 if I wanted a Sig.

TOrrock
02-28-11, 19:15
Negatory, negatory Ghostrider!

Buy another Glock 17.

S-1
02-28-11, 19:30
Actually, reports on the newer SP2022's are pretty good. The people that have them seem to be liking them. Go to SIGForum for more info.

IIRC... Bruce Gray (Gray Guns) carries a SP2022 for his duty pistol.

longball
02-28-11, 20:42
I had a SigPro 2022 a few years ago. It was probably one of the most accurate handgun I've ever owned. I can't speak to the reliability of the weapon because I only fired around 60 rounds through it in the year I owned it. It just didn't suit me very well. My biggest complaint was the grip, but then again I find Glocks extremely comfortable so I may be a little strange. :D