PDA

View Full Version : Larue 3x pivot mount

Loner
09-14-07, 04:47
Will the larue aimpoint 3x pivot mount work with a standard larue aimpoint mount and troy buis if mounted the other way around for a lefty? is there enough room?

C4IGrant
09-15-07, 13:40
Will the larue aimpoint 3x pivot mount work with a standard larue aimpoint mount and troy buis if mounted the other way around for a lefty? is there enough room?

Good question. My question is why would switch how it normally is configured to work?

C4

edwin907
09-15-07, 16:45
Good question. My question is why would switch how it normally is configured to work?
C4

Actually according to Mark LaRue I think you need the cantilever Aimpoint mount for there to be sufficient clearance when using it in lefty mode.
I think the cantilever mount is a good idea anyway if you are a nose to charging handle shooter like many of us.

With the pivot mount backwards, for us southpaws, your vision is much better with both eyes open when it is flipped out of the way.

Here is a photo of my setup, being a MRP with continuous rail the cantilever mount isn't necessary for a lefty setup.
Grant, you'll probably recognize that Pivot Mount, I got it from you, thanks for the terrific service as always!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z238/edwin907/MRPa.jpg

AR-15A3
09-16-07, 13:20

Per Mark LaRue they recommend the use of the cantilever mount to have enough room for a lefty setup.

I've seen on the other site a guy tried to use the standard LaRue Aimpoint mount and it's not pretty, his standard mount sticks out about a quarter inch in front of the upper receiver and he have to mount the magnifier flush with the front of the pivot mount ring.

I've got a LaRue pivot mount but with the "poor boy" special refurbished Hensoldt 2.5X magnifier and also a LaRue cantilever mount but I'm not a lefty, when I tried to setup the pivot mount to swing the opposite way, it should work fine with the cantilever mount.