PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on A new Build...

lastxhero
02-28-11, 23:55
**Edit: Just Finished, Range Tomorrow **

So i just put in the order for my next build, looking for thoughts.

This is to be a SHTF/Training CQB Rifle, without going SBR, also trying to keep the volume behind the firing line down, and still have reliability. Weight is not an issue.

Upper:

DD Big Hole Upper
DD Complete BCG
13.7" White Oak Armament SS Match Barrel
Pinned Noveske kx3 PIG
Rainier Arms Low Profile Gas Block
Troy MRF 13.5" FF Quad Rail
BCMGunfighter Charging Handle
Magpul BUIS Front and Rear
Magpul AFG2 ForeGrip
Troy Rail Covers

Lower:

PreBan Colt sp1 w/out Sear Block
Geissele SSA
Magpul MIAD
Magpul UBR
Rainier Arms H Buffer
DD Rear QD Sling Mount
Magpul MIAD Trigger Guard

Thats about it, still deciding on sling.

Unfortunatly, due to living in a Ban state, Mostly USGI and Thermold 30Rd Mags (no Pmags)
Please Disregar the junk scope, just a place holder for the Aimpoint i just ordered.

Here it is after some fresh paint:

.curious as to some thoughts.

Of course, I'll post up some pics once the build is finished.

Thanks for your input.

Evil Bert
03-01-11, 06:43
13.7" White Oak Armament SS Match Barrel
Pinned Noveske kx3 PIG

That is a pretty neat idea When I first read you didn't want to do the SBR thing and then I saw 13.7" bbl, I was then confused until I read "Pinned KX3"

I think you will find that you will have a quality build. Others will come and give their opinion of what they would do different, but it doesn't really matter. You build sounds solid for what you want to use it for and considering you live in a communist ban state. My only concern with that build and being in a ban state is that it would give the appearance to someone that it may be an SBR. This is slight, but just be aware, when people do not see the barrel beyond the rails, they can assume SBR. But since it will be nearly 17" long, you shouldn't have any problems.

Nice job.

Also just curious, but is there a reason behind wanting a SS Match barrel for a SHTF gun?

lastxhero
03-01-11, 08:21
Thanks for the good words, you are right, I'm a little leery of the look of an SBR, but realistically it is what it is, 16.1" OAL and perfectly legal.

As for the SS barrel, I'd def rather a chrome lined barrel for obvious reasons, but rather than buy a longer barrel and have it cut down, I decided to get what was available, the only other option in that length was a noveske infidel, talk about hard to find... Unless of course I bought a premade upper. But what fun would that be?