PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on Sights/Mounts for Flat Top

BE Wild Willy
03-01-11, 01:06
I'm new to this forum and inexperienced on how to narrow a search for this info.

I'm looking for recommendations on a rear sight to match up with a "F" front sight assembly. Fully adjustable preffered (both windage & elevation), and price ranges would be helpful. Also would like to hear about scope mounts, at this time for a 1" tube.

Your input is appreciated...BEWW

Iraqgunz
03-01-11, 02:49
I think you would be better off asking for a copy of a map to the location of the Holy Grail.

Opinions will vary and there are many options. One that immediately comes to mind for windage and elevation is the Matech BUIS that is used by the military.

I'm new to this forum and inexperienced on how to narrow a search for this info.

I'm looking for recommendations on a rear sight to match up with a "F" front sight assembly. Fully adjustable preffered (both windage & elevation), and price ranges would be helpful. Also would like to hear about scope mounts, at this time for a 1" tube.

Evil Bert
03-01-11, 06:50
snip

One that immediately comes to mind for windage and elevation is the Matech BUIS that is used by the military.Here is a link to the sight IG was referring to. It is pretty good. http://www.botachtactical.com/maba60si.html

I guess I should ask are you looking for a fixed rear sight or a folding rear sight.

Fixed you should consider this one:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/LMT-Tactical-Rear-Sight-p/lmt%20rear%20sight%20l8a.htm

BE Wild Willy
03-01-11, 12:18
Thanks fellas.

I had already seen the LMT which is right up my alley. The Matech I hadn't seen, I'll research that one a little, looks good too.

HES
03-01-11, 15:40
He could always take a carry handle and chop it up so that what is left is the rear sight. No it doesn't flip up or down but its an inexpensive way to get a good rear sight.

ASH556
03-03-11, 13:30
I really like the KAC 600M Rear for it's windage and elevation adjustability. This would be my recommendation if you're going to use a magnified optic as it is very low profile and will fit under the eyepiece (the LMT will not and the Matech probably will not)

Alaskapopo
03-03-11, 14:54

Why do you want the rear sight elevation adjustable. You are supposed to use the front sight for elevation adjustments even on carry handle sights. The elevation knob on A2 sights is really a bullet drop compensator adjustment. It is not designed to adjust your elevation with during zeroing.
Pat

roboa89
03-03-11, 17:03
I have the magpul buis. They're cool and cheap compared to some others. Not fully adjustable though, just windage like most.

OTO27
03-04-11, 01:19
Why do you want the rear sight elevation adjustable. You are supposed to use the front sight for elevation adjustments even on carry handle sights. The elevation knob on A2 sights is really a bullet drop compensator adjustment. It is not designed to adjust your elevation with during zeroing.
Pat

You answered your own question,

Most people want the rear sights adjustable for bullet drop compensation, your front sight post should only be used for zeroing.