PDA

View Full Version : Quite possibly one of the dumbest "inventions"

aflin
03-01-11, 10:48
New "Speed Loader" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlJVW5QD6ic&feature=player_embedded)

According to this guy...it's a "speed loader". haha! Apparently leaving rounds in the mag wears out the spring. Hmmm...and I've always thought springs wear quicker from use. :rolleyes:

Here's what I learned from the video...never listen to a guy wearing a cheap tac vest.

What do you guys think? Legit??

mos2111
03-01-11, 10:55
Solution for a problem that doesn't exist. And it takes more effort than using a lula to unload or simply pressing rounds into the mag.

And I have never rotated rounds to prevent spring creep....
:eek:

old grunt usmc
03-01-11, 11:00
Looks cool and all and seems to work but at what price? and yeah cheesy vest...lol

bullitt5172
03-01-11, 12:13
Ha, I think someone needs to explain to him that springs wear out from repeated use - not from sitting in a compressed state. I highly doubt our boys overseas are loading and unloading their mags on a daily basis..

Beat Trash
03-01-11, 12:21
WOW...

This guy is representing the company and he was struggling not to drop all of the various pieces while "gently shaking the rounds out of the 20 rd tray" He almost needed three hands to keep all three pieces from falling to the ground while he "gently stroked the rounds into a single file".

I would have dropped everything on the floor a couple of times.
My first thought while watching this was I could probably load 20 rds straight from the box to the magazine, just using my fingers, about as fast as it took to assemble, shake and stroke.

I wont even go into the crap about the springs wearing out.

Nor will I go into the fact that somewhere there is a 12 yr old kid wondering who stole his airsoft tac vest...

SuperiorDG
03-01-11, 12:22
Why would one wear such a vest to make a video? Looks like the idea of speed loader is not too bad, at least he got some initiative.

controlledpairs2
03-01-11, 12:28
cool vest!

lula is smaller and less complicated, but good effort. heart's in the right place

Ranger325
03-01-11, 12:31
Wow - video pulled after less than 2 hrs of discussion!

duece71
03-01-11, 13:05
Some one must have.....you know....."informed" him. :D:p

Heidevolk
03-01-11, 13:25
There's an infinite about of stupid things in the world to critique, but a limited about of good things to pursue.

Its better to spend time pointing out the good things.

Duffy
03-01-11, 17:57
The video was removed by the user.

I think you guys were a little harsh on his vest lol. I hope he didn't get discouraged by it and stop improving it, with a little help, it could work pretty well.