PDA

View Full Version : Scholarships for white men???

ALCOAR
03-01-11, 13:13
Yes, the title is correct.....

"A new nonprofit group in Texas is offering college scholarships to a demographic it says has fewer scholarship options than other groups: white men."

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/27/texas-group-offers-scholarships-to-white-men-only/

Your a racist if your against these gentlemen and their cause imho.

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-01-11, 13:39
Yes, the title is correct.....

"A new nonprofit group in Texas is offering college scholarships to a demographic it says has fewer scholarship options than other groups: white men."

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/27/texas-group-offers-scholarships-to-white-men-only/

Your a racist if your against these gentlemen and their cause imho.

I ran this over in my head a few times and there is no way it dosent sound bad.

I LOVE YOU MORE EVERY DAY this is great

glocktogo
03-01-11, 13:48
Sounds perfectly acceptable to me and I agree, anyone who disagrees with it must be racist. :D

kal
03-01-11, 13:55
That's racist.

Sry0fcr
03-01-11, 14:16
Good job pointing out hypocrisy and double standards.

SteyrAUG
03-01-11, 16:50
"The group, called the Former Majority Association for Equality"

That is five kinds of awesome.

Seriously though, when you have returning Iraqi veterans who can't get scholarships, something is wrong.

kittyhawk
03-04-11, 18:08
"Seriously though, when you have returning Iraqi veterans who can't get scholarships, something is wrong.

I have to agree on that. My buddy came back from 2 tours in Iraq and 1 in Astan and cant get studnent housing but a 18 year old snot nose kid can get a full ride with housing. My bubby had a 4.0 when he got out of HS but decided to do his duty first. Makes me Mad as hell. Hell Even with my GI bill I still had $18,000 in student loans and that was 13 years ago.

variablebinary
03-04-11, 18:44
"We're not looking for blond-haired, blue-eyed, stereotypical white males," he told Reuters. "My feeling is that if you can say you're 25 percent Caucasian, you're Caucasian enough for us."

Really? Well what about 100% Caucasians?

http://gordonpifher.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/sikhs.jpg

What about these guys? If all you need to be is 25% Caucasian than they would qualify easily...right?

http://www.bilalaliproductions.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/malcolm-x-2.jpg

http://thebosh.com/upload/2010/05/02/barack_obama_cheating_scandal_with_vera_baker_rumors_get_new_legs/barack_obama.jpg

http://blackchristiannews.com/news/images/lenny-kravitz.jpg

http://www.hiphopsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/drake.jpg

BrianS
03-04-11, 19:45
VB Lenny Kravitz gets his light skin from his Jewish father. Don't believe he would qualify for the caucasian scholarship as Jews are semitic peoples. Maybe if his father is descended from European Jews he would have enough caucasian in him to qualify, this would require a battery of tests and knowledge of exactly what kind of percentages the scholarship requires, along with detailed knowledge of the Kravitz family tree.

:D

I think this kind of scholarship is good, because it shows how dumb the other racially awarded scholarships are. Give scholarships on merit, merit combined with need, whatever. Don't give scholarships based on skin color, eye color, hair color or any other superficial reason.

BrianS
03-04-11, 20:04
I have to agree on that. My buddy came back from 2 tours in Iraq and 1 in Astan and cant get studnent housing but a 18 year old snot nose kid can get a full ride with housing. My bubby had a 4.0 when he got out of HS but decided to do his duty first. Makes me Mad as hell. Hell Even with my GI bill I still had $18,000 in student loans and that was 13 years ago.

What am I missing? Don't we still have a GI Bill? What does it not cover? I took some college courses over the past couple years and about half the men my age or slightly younger at the community college were vets who had been in Iraq or Afghanistan or both.

rickrock305
03-04-11, 22:55
^^^^ my question as well. What happened to the GI Bill?

And yea, that shortage of white men in college is a real problem huh?

variablebinary
03-05-11, 07:17
VB Lenny Kravitz gets his light skin from his Jewish father. Don't believe he would qualify for the caucasian scholarship as Jews are semitic peoples. Maybe if his father is descended from European Jews he would have enough caucasian in him to qualify, this would require a battery of tests and knowledge of exactly what kind of percentages the scholarship requires, along with detailed knowledge of the Kravitz family tree.

:D

I think this kind of scholarship is good, because it shows how dumb the other racially awarded scholarships are. Give scholarships on merit, merit combined with need, whatever. Don't give scholarships based on skin color, eye color, hair color or any other superficial reason.

Unless his father is an Ashkenazi Jew, which are the descendants of European Jewish converts after the true Jews of old were scattered after the Siege of Jerusalem.

But that just further illustrates the silliness of a race based scholarship in a modern society. The world has gotten far too small and intertwined culturally, racially and genetically.

dookie1481
03-05-11, 12:30
And yea, that shortage of white men in college is a real problem huh?

Nice straw man.

rickrock305
03-05-11, 13:31
Nice straw man.

Nice buzz word. May be useful to actually look up the definition of the term before you try to use it where its not warranted.

SteyrAUG
03-05-11, 13:37
Really? Well what about 100% Caucasians?

What about these guys? If all you need to be is 25% Caucasian than they would qualify easily...right?

Good point. So given that I have some "native American" and black ancestry does that qualify me for minority status and eligible for government benefits and programs for minorities?

jklaughrey
03-05-11, 13:47
I don't know Steyr, but I am Black Irish.:D My ancestors couldn't keep their legs closed when they were "invaded". Damn Basque's!

QuietShootr
03-05-11, 14:06
Good point. So given that I have some "native American" and black ancestry does that qualify me for minority status and eligible for government benefits and programs for minorities?

I'll take "No ****in Way" for $500, Alex.

SteyrAUG
03-05-11, 14:25
I'll take "No ****in Way" for $500, Alex.

I think I'm also a lesbian.

dookie1481
03-05-11, 14:26
Nice buzz word. May be useful to actually look up the definition of the term before you try to use it where its not warranted.

It's clearly your M.O., and yes, that was a straw man.

The topic is about scholarships for white men and you are misrepresenting his position as saying there aren't enough white men in college.

That is as simple and obvious a straw man fallacy as I've ever seen. You're not even good enough to make it subtle.

Irish
03-05-11, 15:32

You crack me up.

mattjmcd
03-05-11, 20:57

Alllriiiiiiight!