PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Washington State and I want to shoot dammit

kenpstok151
03-01-11, 13:57
Someone please tell me, can I drive up to the timberlines and find a safe spot and just have a day of shooting? I am tired of ranges and their rules and how these muzzle loading fools always act like they're more high speed than me. bottom line I wanna shoot and not deal with anyone. please let me know if there is a link to laws let me know and if you know a nice creek bed that needs to be filled with lead LET ME KNOW! what is the laws surrounding shooting in the foothills and what not

mikbau
03-01-11, 14:19
I'd be curious if anyone has some info on this as well. A friend of mine went way off into the woods down near Centralia a week ago. We just started sighting in when a security guy showed up - evidently we were on the back side of a now abandoned mine, but they still did the rounds to check all the gates. Ostensibly for liability reasons.

At any rate, the guy was totally cool, and gave us directions to a small strip of land which the owner had designated as a place to shoot. It had a small shack, probably big enough for 2-3 people. We spent about an hour there, but I would honestly like to find something more remote that wasn't right off a main road...

As an aside, Greenwater is a likely spot with all the logging roads they have, but it's been ages since I've been up that way to know if you can still get away from plinking around...

~m

bkb0000
03-01-11, 14:23
this is the AR sub-forum- not the correct place to post this.

since this is a regional question, it should be posted in the regional discussion sub-forum - http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=155

not to be super insulting, but if you'd done even a basic once-over, you would know this sub-forum exists.

as to the question- while i'm sure they exist, somewhere out there on the east coast or some shit, i've never heard of a state law that even addresses where you can or can't shoot. there are city and county ordnances that prohibit discharging a firearm within their city limits/urban growth boundaries, but you can legally discharge your firearm in probably 98% of the state. just find a place with a good backstop, no houses or major roads within the range of your weapon, and blast away. try to make sure you're not on privately owned private property (versus corporate owned private property, which is usually good to go).

mikbau
03-01-11, 14:38
Mods, if ya can, please move to the appropriate forum

As for the rules...I believe that King County has an ordinance that states you cannot shoot within 500 (not sure if it's feet or yards) of a residence. Obviously YMMV if you are in another county or within city limits.

~m

GunnutAF
03-01-11, 16:12
mikbua
Yea that law is in about every state that I know of! No shooting within 500 feet of occupied dwelling! Now as to finding a place to shoot - do you have any BLM land near you? I got about 2 million acres around me here in Idaho so I can go just about any where and shoot! :D

MookNW
03-01-11, 21:01
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/outdoor-shooting-areas/

http://seattleguns.net/viewforum.php?f=34

bkb0000
03-07-11, 02:13
...buncha irrelevant trivialties...

you've been here less than a month, so let me offer you some advice: quit shitting all over every ****in thread you come across. if all you have to offer is this weird, dorky attempt at arrogance, you're not going to be welcome for long.

contribute something to the board or GTFO.

hickuleas
03-07-11, 02:42
That was entertaining. I think he took his muzzleloader and left.

HD670
03-07-11, 05:31

hilarious...:laugh:

JSantoro
03-07-11, 09:19
Just got through cleaning up a huge spill of Pointless Drivel on Aisle #4.

sixgun-symphony
03-07-11, 21:35
you've been here less than a month, so let me offer you some advice: quit shitting all over every ****in thread you come across. if all you have to offer is this weird, dorky attempt at arrogance, you're not going to be welcome for long.

contribute something to the board or GTFO.

I got into just one flame war here by responding to a rather ignorant insult and you make it seem that I am jumping in everywhere with flame attacks the way you seem to do. Maybe you should follow your own advise?

BTW, changing my post? WTF over?

sixgun-symphony
03-07-11, 21:41

Actually it was one of mods here that deleted and even changed my posts on here because I got into a flame war with someone that is hardly more than an airsoft wannabe.

I carried an M4 in Iraq. I also trained other soldiers to qualify with that weapon. I know more about it than alot of the "gear queers" who think that equipment is a substitute for training. I got really annoyed when a "mall ninja" wannabe felt a need to make nasty comments about shooters who might shoot anything else.

JSantoro
03-07-11, 22:10
Sixgun, that was your last post in this thread. In case I need to spell it out for you, it is simply not possible for you to have The Last Word that you so obviously are striving for, nor will your derail be suddenly made right with one more quote from your resume.

kenpstok151
03-08-11, 01:38
I DON'T CARE MAN! Are you baiting me to post my DD214. I DON'T CARE about what your qualifaction tab on you class A's say. I know cooks that memorize the firing order of the qualifiction range good job son. If I were to post my DD214 someone like you would do 1 of 2 things. First has you writtin all over it and that would be you calling it a "FAKE" sounds about right, you would try to find any dicrempancy in it wouldn't you. Or I also get from you someone who say some retarted shit like "oh those were 1990's Ranger standards" is that about right son? Get a life son, I carry a knife every I go does it mean it's seen any action? Carry your M4 and I hope you get some use out of that tab man because from what I heard those targets over there shoot back. and there is no firing order to memorize. SO stay alert and stay alive. and just a reminder All I wanted is to find out any good shooting spots or the laws behind different counties in Wshington state and this is what I get? :rolleyes:

hickuleas
03-08-11, 02:31
In the words of the great Rodney King "Can't we all just get along"

kenpstok151
03-08-11, 03:34
I'll get along later but for now I just want to shoot

Anchor Zero Six
03-08-11, 10:19
Check the RCW's for the details but there is a certain distance from a stucture that has to be adhered to as well as if the land is private, state or federal.

If you head out towards North Bend there are some spots just go and ask the KCSO Shift Sgt at the North Bend station they will tell you where NOT to go and let you fill in the blanks.

Have you shot at Cascade? Great rang and they just capped the membership which IMO was a good thing but they have public days fairly often if you just want to check it out.

Unless you go in the duche hours of 1-4 pm Sat or Sunday the crowd there is almost non existant and folks tend to respect the space of others very well.

JSantoro
03-08-11, 10:20
I just want to shoot

No, apparently YOU want to argue, too.

At some point, an analogue of the following thought skittered around the event horizon of the black hole that is your ability to think in line-of-sight fashion; it goes as follows: "Gee whillikers, the mod got that guy shitting in my thread to stop, maybe that should signify that the argument is over and that we should get back on topic. Golly!"

To which your Silly-Straw chromosome kicked in, proclaiming: "Naw, derp derp derp, yer speshul, like s snewflak, you keep doin wut yew want ta dew, keep teh argument goin, dere's no consequ....uh...repercuss....uh...yew kin git away with it! Goo goo goo, c'mon Flash!"

Since we're bandying about stuff about the military and standards and qualifications and whatnot, here's something I picked up from my time in the Corps that I love to share with people incapable of critical thought processes: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

You'd best do this info-seeking work via PM within the members of the regional group. I see another "Where'm I gon' shoot?" thread from you, I'm not closing it, I'm deleting it entirely. There's your Stupid Prize, in lieu of your own Baiting/Bickering infraction.

I don't know what the hell is going on around here, the last few days. I must've missed the announcement from the federal gov't proclaiming it "Complete Window-Licking Douchenozzle Forum-Posting Week