PDA

View Full Version : Discovered First Hand How Heinie SlantPro Serrations Work

Jay Cunningham
09-14-07, 21:36
According to their website:

This slant in combination with the rear sight serrations help eliminate glare from light.

I was shooting my Glock 19 yesterday, which has been modified with Heinie sights front and rear. It was getting into the 7:00 pm hour and the sun was setting over my left shoulder - a very clear sky and bright sun.

In these conditions I finally saw firsthand the true utility of the sight design! The sights stood out even with the harsh backlighting - I am convinced that if I had been using the stock sights it would have been difficult to pick them up in this circumstance due to glare.

I continue to be very happy with my Heinie SlantPro's, far happier than with the stock sights or even Trijicon three-dots. My current arrangement is the flat black rear sight with a tritium lamp on the front. The front is low-profile, meaning that there is no white outline around the insert. It lets me focus on the tip of the sight under normal lighting and provides a very distinct focus point in low light.

Heinie Specialty Products (https://www.heinie.com/cart/index.php?cPath=9_11&sort=2a&page=1&osCsid=70f67ba9075b415147d82f3368960509)

:cool: