PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Keltec P-11

RogerinTPA
09-14-07, 21:51
I'm thinking about getting one for concealment carry in 9mm. Any opinions on this weapon would be appreciated.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/p11.html

abnk
09-15-07, 13:03
Mine failed to feed about ten rounds (all FMJ) out of the first 200 (though, there are people who have never had any problems with theirs). After a few hundred rounds, however, it worked flawlessly. Last time I shot it, was about a year ago. Shot three ten-round magazines loaded with 147grains Federal Hydra-Shok without any problems. Yeah, the round count is low and not necessarily indicative of reliability, but one has to keep in mind that this was not built to be a "beater" or a combat pistol.

Pros, IMO: very concealable, flatter than a snubby revolver, lightweight, simple (no safeties), decent caliber for its size, great round capacity for its size.
Cons, IMO: trigger action is very long and 9# (after dry-firing it a few times, you'll see what I'm talking about), not reliable out of the box, +P loads are not recommended.

It has served me well, but if you want it for a primary carry weapon, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are on a tight budget or deep concealment is the ultimate goal. All in all, I think it is worth the $210 I paid. So long as you are realistic in your expectations, you won't be disappointed.

SuicideHz
09-16-07, 00:29
The newer version of this 9mm is very appealing to me.

My local dealer has had several come through his doors and sold the last of his R2D2x serial numbered pistols. I was mad. My plans were to "accidentaly" put some blackening paste into the last digit so I could say it's serial was R2D2. I don't think there is a law against filling in serial numbers with a color- people do their ARs all the time...

RogerinTPA
09-17-07, 21:02
I saw both at my local shooting range on sunday and decided to get the M&P instead. Everyone who worked there said it sucked and a waste of money. I put 100 rounds through the M&P and fell in love! Awesome accuracy! Double taps and rapid fire was a breeze. They through in a free CW holster and free range time to boot. Very comfortable carrying this beauty. A big +1 on this weapon!:D

abnk
09-18-07, 17:19
You're kind of comparing apples to oranges, brother. However, I'm glad you found what works for you. :)

czydj
09-18-07, 18:11
I handled one the other day at a gunshop. Compared to the other firearms I've handled recently it appeared cheaply built and the barrel looked really strange, almost like it was an extruded piece of pipe. Glad I didn't get one...