PDA

View Full Version : If a muslim screams 'Allah Akbar' at you...

500grains
03-03-11, 01:10
If a muslim screams 'Allah Akbar' at you, is that sufficient justification for drawing your handgun? I am sure others are noticing that screaming 'Allah Akbar' tends to precede a lot of people dying, such as from shootings (Ft. Hood, Frankfurt), someone getting beheaded, a suicide bombing or whatever other bad mischief radical muslims can think up.

So are those words enough to provoke a response?

warpigM-4
03-03-11, 01:36
If coming at me in a defensive stance ,My hand would go to my weapon .I would yell stop! if he still is gaining ground on me, I would pull My weapon and Scream Stop or i will shoot ,

but I would not use deadly force unless It was absolutely necessary You really can't shoot someone just for screaming at you.
If he has a weapon of any kind ,Game on I would not even say stop.

if he is just Pissed and a weapon is drawn he may decide to turn away or stop.

warpigM-4
03-03-11, 01:47
But it would be a sticky situation :fie:

NoBody
03-03-11, 03:26
The "law" does not allow you to draw or fire your weapon because someone only says something you "perceive" as threatening. I think the supreme court just upheld the First Amendment again yesterday.

This does not preclude you from putting some distance between yourself and the (perceived) threat or taking cover. Any force on your part comes at risk to yourself....always does. Know the laws of the jurisdiction that your in.

Be safe,
NB

variablebinary
03-03-11, 03:58
How much do you like taking it in the rump in prison.

If alot, feel free to draw down over someone talking to you in a way you don't like.

If a not at all, than be the smart guy and only draw down in a legally defensible situation.

QuickStrike
03-03-11, 04:37
I'd definitely be on the alert and watch his hands before going any further.

What if he won the lottery and screams "Allahu Akbar"? :o

SWATcop556
03-03-11, 05:10
Justification is key in any deadly force encounter, be it displaying a weapon or use of force. Words are not justification.

If someone looks you in the eye and says "I'm going to kill you" but does nothing else you are not justified in clearing leather. Same principle applies here.

That being said this thread is done.