PDA

View Full Version : Moving, Changing my California AR ? Remove Mag lock ?

iraqbound
03-03-11, 01:11
I am moving from Ca to Idaho in 8 months . There are no restrictions in Idaho and I would lIke to buy my daughter and my self a new gun. A Scar for her and a ATACS ACR for me , now before we move. I am in the military and have only built my military issued rifles a KNIGHTS M110 and my M4 but of course neither have a mag lock so I am looking for little help. PLEASE.

arizonaranchman
03-03-11, 01:29
Yep, just remove the mag-lock button device once you've arrived in Idaho. Do NOT remove it while the rifle is still in Kommiefornia or you've just converted it to an illegal weapon.

Idaho is a wonderful state, one of my favorite. And very gunfriendly to say the least...

Stay safe on your deployment and enjoy your new home in Idaho!

Spiffums
03-03-11, 05:55
FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST! THANK GOD ALMIGHTY YOU ARE FREE AT LAST!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your new hidey hole in I-De-Oh.

Quentin
03-03-11, 09:29
Yes, I think you'll like being an Ida Ho after a long hardship tour in CA! One thing some of us do though is get the Utah CCW in addition to or even instead of Idaho, more states have reciprocity with Utah.

Welcome! It will be nice deneutering your rifle and buying standard capacity magazines...

As far as buying new rifles, are you buying in preban configuration and storing outside of CA for the next 8 months?

coyote hunter
03-03-11, 09:37
Alright. I live in a mostly free state, so I have no idea what a mag lock is.

What is it?

just curious.

lowdowndad
03-03-11, 10:05
A mag lock aka "Bullet-Button" is a solid sleeve around the mag release used to prevent dropping the mag with your finger. To release the mag you have to use a tool i.e. bullet tip, punch, screwdriver, whatever, in the center of the button to drop the magazine. Its a ****ing pain-in-the-ass to use but its what you have to do in kommiefornia. Or go featureless, which presents its own set of problems. IMHO.

lowdowndad (in kommieland:mad:)

ETA, to the OP congrats and thats a move I'll be making in the future.

GunnutAF
03-03-11, 11:51
iraqbound
Welcome to freedom! The land of no waiting periods - buy just about any type weapon you want and carry it down the street!:D Hopefully soon to be a Constitutional carry state!:D All we ask is you leave any Komifornain liberal ways there and don't try them here!:mad: