PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19

ridgerunner70
03-03-11, 05:10
I decided to go with the g19 and was wondering best package deal. Is there just one kind of g19 besides the rail and want all black and grey. Is there different quality 19's , different package deals, etc. Any info will help and thank you for your time.

rob_s
03-03-11, 05:27
Huh?

One of the attractions to the Glock for many of us is that it's a basic firearm that comes out of the box fully serviceable. Buy a regular stock Glock 19 and go shoot. Make changes as needed based on shortcomings discovered in your actual use.

This is what you want.
http://www.glock.com/english/glock19.htm

Buy extra magazines and ammo, go shoot. Buy a holster as-needed.

Dave L.
03-03-11, 05:48
You will save money buy buying one with the stock night sights (if you can find one). When I can't find one with stock night sights, I put on either plain black steel sights such as Warren Tactical (http://www.warrentactical.com/products.htm) or Ameriglo (Kyle Defoor Version) (http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/black-sights/complete-sets).

ridgerunner70
03-03-11, 06:04
What's the difference or how do u tell from a gen2 or gen 4? Which is better?

rob_s
03-03-11, 06:26
What's the difference or how do u tell from a gen2 or gen 4? Which is better?

http://www.google.com/search?q=glock+generations

M4arc
03-03-11, 06:49
There aren't any package deals unless a distributor puts one together. Just buy a G19, grab an Atomic Dog holster, a case of ammo, some spare mags and have at it.

Honestly, if I was looking for another G19 I would look for an RTF2 with regular slide serrations.

Littlelebowski
03-03-11, 07:58
Honestly, if I was looking for another G19 I would look for an RTF2 with regular slide serrations.

This ^^^

d90king
03-03-11, 08:12
Sorry to be the ass here... Dude, take some time and do some simple research on your own. You should not need your hand held when it comes to a G19. This site consist of either Glock shooters, or M&P shooters and there are a million threads about them. There is even a Glock pic thread for you to see all of them in one thread.

Taking the time to do some research on your own will be far more rewarding in the long run. The only thing that needs to be addressed on a Glock is choosing what sights YOU prefer and only you can decide what YOU like in a set of sights...

The RTF finish is nice if you like a rougher texture on your handguns.

dsg2003gt
03-03-11, 09:20
id be sure to get the package that comes with

2 mags
mag loader
cleaning rod and brush
lock.

Littlelebowski
03-03-11, 09:27

2 mags
mag loader
cleaning rod and brush
lock.

Sound advice :D

Cincinnatus
03-03-11, 09:59
+1 on what has already been said.
And as far as "types" of G19, the only real other type (aside from Gen differences and RTF) is the G19c, which has a ported barrel.

Rider79
03-03-11, 18:53

2 mags
mag loader
cleaning rod and brush
lock.

What you did there? I see it.

dsg2003gt
03-03-11, 23:26
What you did there? I see it.

i knew i could be of assistance in this thread.:)

blackscot
03-04-11, 06:46

2 mags
mag loader
cleaning rod and brush
lock.

Too funny.......:sarcastic:

To the OP, they all come with this.

MOJONIXON
03-04-11, 07:42
Too funny.......:sarcastic:

To the OP, they all come with this.

Not always. The gen 3 G19 I bought back in Dec. 2009 (edit: did say 2010) did not have the rod and brush, but did have 3 mags.

dsg2003gt
03-04-11, 10:06
Not always. The gen 3 G19 I bought back in Dec. 2010 did not have the rod and brush, but did have 3 mags.

someone should tell him about the GSSF membership:dirol:

C4IGrant
03-04-11, 10:25

Just picked up two of these with consecutive serial numbers! :D

Will post pics later (so you can drool).

C4

SWATcop556
03-04-11, 12:01
Just picked up two of these with consecutive serial numbers! :D

Will post pics later (so you can drool).

C4

Hate you in the best way possible. :dirol:

C4IGrant
03-04-11, 12:08
Hate you in the best way possible. :dirol:

I hear that a lot. ;)

I also got them CHEAP (blue label). :dirol:

C4

Cincinnatus
03-04-11, 12:08
I picked up a G19c a few months ago. It was/is my first Glock (before this I was a 1911 guy for the most part), and I must say, the G19 could very well be the most perfect handgun ever made--it is light, compact, but still has a significant mag capacity, reliable and tough--it eats ammo like a goat in a tin can factory, and it fits my hand perfect.
What more could you ask for? :D

skyugo
03-04-11, 12:14
There aren't any package deals unless a distributor puts one together. Just buy a G19, grab an Atomic Dog holster, a case of ammo, some spare mags and have at it.

you don't mind the RTF frame burning through t-shirts? :o

I'm just gonna toss in my opinion... RTF has a great grip, but it's too rough for CCW. the gen 4 RTF seems alright though. Not a fan of the dual recoil springs in the gen 4 9mm's, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

pennzoil
03-04-11, 16:51
you don't mind the RTF frame burning through t-shirts? :o :rolleyes:

Pet peeve of mine here. Do you carry a RTF2 frame for CCW?

I've been carrying my RTF2 daily as my CCW for awhile now with out issue and love the grip. Regurgitated interweb rumors probably part of the reason we can only get the RTF2 as a blue label now.

skyugo
03-04-11, 19:26
:rolleyes:

I've been carrying my RTF2 daily as my CCW for awhile now with out issue and love the grip. Regurgitated interweb rumors probably part of the reason we can only get the RTF2 as a blue label now.

a guy showed me the inside of his jacket post RTF. put me off a bit....

d90king
03-05-11, 06:01
a guy showed me the inside of his jacket post RTF. put me off a bit....

They really aren't bad at all and are actually better than a P30. The only thing that either have really taken a toll on is my office chair...

IMHO the perfect texture for a hard use pistol. YMMV

C4IGrant
03-05-11, 08:17
:rolleyes:

Not only that, but I am told that the GEN3 G19 RTF2's are being discontinued.

C4

Dave L.
03-05-11, 08:33
.....we can only get the RTF2 as a blue label now.

I heard this same thing. I still have an 17 on order, which I believe was a SHOT show special or something.

JHC
03-05-11, 08:37
Only a few weeks into it but I'm not put off yet by CCW with the RTF2 G17. I haven't tried to carry it against skin and am in no hurry to.

pennzoil
03-05-11, 12:59
Not only that, but I am told that the GEN3 G19 RTF2's are being discontinued.

C4

Man that sucks. I may have to pick up a back up RTF2 17/19 sooner then I thought. I imagine later on they will be in high demand once people see what they missed out on.

C4IGrant
03-05-11, 14:05
Man that sucks. I may have to pick up a back up RTF2 17/19 sooner then I thought. I imagine later on they will be in high demand once people see what they missed out on.

It does. Great gun and they are going to pull the plug on it.

C4

d90king
03-05-11, 14:49
It does. Great gun and they are going to pull the plug on it.

C4

Are they killing it or just shoving it into LE sales? I have two RTF 19's and would like to pick up two 17's but the fish gills are not for me...

Was thinking about going mad scientist on 4 17's and switching slides :D But then my brain got in the way.:suicide:

C4IGrant
03-05-11, 17:02
Are they killing it or just shoving it into LE sales? I have two RTF 19's and would like to pick up two 17's but the fish gills are not for me...

Was thinking about going mad scientist on 4 17's and switching slides :D But then my brain got in the way.:suicide:

They are killing the GEN 3 G19 RTF2 (straight serrations). They will offer it in the GEN 4 though.

C4

blackscot
03-07-11, 07:42
......(before this I was a 1911 guy (emphasis added).......

.......the G19 could very well be the most perfect handgun ever made.......

+1, my story exactly.

And although each design has its pros and cons and there is no true "perfection", for me the G19 comes closer to it than anything else.