PDA

View Full Version : Slow Website?

C_Heath
03-03-11, 12:55
Hello, Im new but I must say, this site is over and above most sites that are dedicated to the Black Rifle. I did notice that the time for a page to load was dreadfully slow since I became a member and I am on greater than T1 in the office here.

Most page loads are 20 to 40 seconds, once up to a minute. Slow enough to make it kind of frustrating.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

darr3239
03-03-11, 13:01
I have cable internet, not the fastest, but I've never had any issues with speed. Every page loads almost instantly, all the time. The only issue I have is with the search engine. A number of times I've received an error message stating the search couldn't connect for some reason. Pretty frustrating when you are trying to get answers to your thoughts.

opmike
03-03-11, 13:07
This should go in the Site Questions and Comments section.

In any case, don't use the built in search, it sucks. Use the Google search option by clicking the yellow SEARCH button between CALENDAR and FAQ up top.

d90king
03-03-11, 13:09
Nope. Reset your browser, empty cache etc, the problem is on your side. Its been blazing fast for me.

JasonM
03-03-11, 13:50
super fast for me

C_Heath
03-06-11, 09:06
nevermind. Its good on my home IP.

markm
03-06-11, 09:24
Non-Gun related threads slow the site down. :eek:

SeriousStudent
03-06-11, 09:39
Non-Gun retarded threads slow the site down. :eek:

Fixed it for ya. :D

C_Heath
03-06-11, 11:57
The only thing that was more of a waste of time was those last two posts. :eek:

Evil Bert
03-06-11, 12:14
Hello, Im new but I must say, this site is over and above most sites that are dedicated to the Black Rifle. I did notice that the time for a page to load was dreadfully slow since I became a member and I am on greater than T1 in the office here.

Most page loads are 20 to 40 seconds, once up to a minute. Slow enough to make it kind of frustrating.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.

First off a T1 can be slower than most Cable connections. However, what you may not realize is that there is probably a proxy such as Blue Coat or something similar that your browser is having to go through. Plus I would hope there is a firewall that is also doing some kind of packet inspection, etc. This all causes delays.

When I am in the office, and I go out to the internet which is through a OC48 connection straight to the Qwest Internet backbone, it can still be slower than when I am at home. You have to think about overhead and other things that effect it. IGMP routing or similar can effect how you get out to the Internet, etc.

Also, the site itself can also slow down when more people are on it and actively posting, etc.