PDA

View Full Version : C-Products 9mm Mags - Initial Mini-Review

SHIVAN
09-15-07, 15:36
I purchased twelve 32rd CProducts 9mm mags some time right after they came out. A friend of mine, "G", received the entire package and tested a few of the mags in his setup.

The mags he tested were having some serious feeding issues in conjunction with the dedicated Hahn mag block we both use.

Using trial and error, "G" was able to press the mag up a fraction of an inch and eliminate the issues completely.

Armed with this knowledge, Larry had the guys trim the mag catch a fraction of an inch to duplicate the position that "G" was using.

We got the modified mag back and tested them in "G's" setup, as well as my own.

Issues were eliminated using the modified mags, so we sent the entirety of our mags back to CProducts to be replaced with reprofiled mag catches.

I just tested my 12 for function today.

I loaded 10 mags with 15rds of AEF9P Federal American Eagle 147gr subsonic flat nose ammo. I loaded two mags with 25rds each. A total of 200rds in 12 mags. As a point of note, loading these Cprod mags is markedly easier than loading Colt 32rd mags. Effort to load feels like it was cut in half.

The carbine I am shooting is configured like this:

ArmaLite SBR'ed M15A4 lower
Dedicated Hahn mag block
RRA 9mm upper receiver
Colt/SAW 9mm tungsten weighted & ramped bolt
Daniel Defense M4 7.0 rail
5" TROS 3-lug barrel
SWR Trident 9 suppressor
MI back up sights front and rear
Aimpoint M2 w/ Larue mount

In 200rds I had 3 failures -- a 1.5% failure rate.

The failures were of two types and came near the end of the session.

1) Failure to extract. The case was almost out of the ejection port, and for some reason the extractor lost hold, and the bolt pinned it to the front of the ejction port during the forward stroke.

2) Failure to extract. Exact duplicate of above.

3) Failure to extract, empty case wedged into the barrel extension with the next live round, bolt pressing forward on both cases.

Truthfully, this looked, felt and smells like a dirty or weak extractor -- not a mag issue.

I was painfully remiss in cleaning the carbine since the last session, which as we all knows can get REALLY funky when shooting 100% suppressed.

I am going to clean the weapon today, and repeat the test with a more precise round count and mag markings in the near future.

In conclusion, if you use a dedicated Hahn block you must request a special modification to your mags until CProducts changes the mag catch dimension on their mags. However, if you get the proper mags for your setup from Cproducts you will get a quality product that performs well.

khc3
09-16-07, 22:14
I have read of RRA 9mm bolts having extract/eject issues because of the type of extractor pin they use. Apparently it is some type of rolled-up metal pin and not a split-type roll pin. I have read of folks replacing it with the appropriate sized split roll pin and solving these problems.

I don't have first hand experience, so hopefully someone will come along and fill in the details.

rob_s
09-17-07, 03:44
Interesting. I'm sending back two mags today because they don't lock the bolt back on my Colt. When unloading one of them to put it in the box I also had the follower stick. Hopefully they will correct them.

I took some pictures comparing a Colt mag to a Cproducts. I'll have to find them and post them.

SHIVAN
09-17-07, 11:30
I have read of RRA 9mm bolts having extract/eject issues because of the type of extractor pin they use. Apparently it is some type of rolled-up metal pin and not a split-type roll pin. I have read of folks replacing it with the appropriate sized split roll pin and solving these problems.

I don't have first hand experience, so hopefully someone will come along and fill in the details.

I will clarify my post....my bolt is a Colt SAW-prepared tungsten weighted ramped unit.

Probably the pinnacle of 9mm bolts on the market. :p

To be clear, I probably had over 2000rds of suppressed full auto blasting on the upper/bolt with no real cleaning to speak of....

Neckbreaker
09-17-07, 11:30
Interesting. I'm sending back two mags today because they don't lock the bolt back on my Colt. When unloading one of them to put it in the box I also had the follower stick. Hopefully they will correct them.

I took some pictures comparing a Colt mag to a Cproducts. I'll have to find them and post them.

Rob, I had the identical issue with my 6450 SBR and Cproducts mags. I shipped them back about a week ago. It was clear to me that the follower was not designed properly for the Colt's BHO - the tab on the back was too low and thus did not engage the BHO. Also, the mags were very tight in the well.

SHIVAN
09-17-07, 11:34
It was my understanding that C-Prod worked with Colt on this project...

Is that just internet rumor?? :(

rob_s
09-17-07, 12:03
Rob, I had the identical issue with my 6450 SBR and Cproducts mags. I shipped them back about a week ago. It was clear to me that the follower was not designed properly for the Colt's BHO - the tab on the back was too low and thus did not engage the BHO. Also, the mags were very tight in the well.

When I put the two mags side-by-side it looked to me like the changes made to the Cproducts would SEEM like a good idea if designed in a vacuum (i.e. without testing them in a gun).

I should be able to find the pics in a couple of days.

khc3
09-17-07, 13:03
I will clarify my post....my bolt is a Colt SAW-prepared tungsten weighted ramped unit.

Sorry, I missed that.

SHIVAN
09-17-07, 13:17
Sorry, I missed that.

Nope I added it after you mentioned it. :D

C4IGrant
09-17-07, 14:12
I have been running the Cproducts mags in my RRA system without issue.

C4

Neckbreaker
09-17-07, 17:10
It was my understanding that C-Prod worked with Colt on this project...

Is that just internet rumor?? :(

Shivan,

CProducts led many to believe that and for all I know they did work with Colt but clearly these mags will not activate the BHO as designed. Also, I have found that Colt mags suck as well unless they are the much older Colt mags that are made of heavy parked steel with metal followers. I have several of these in both 32rd and 20rd variety and they work fine.

Also, it appears that CProducts has now designed a "Gen II" follower that will address these issues and that these new followers will be available this week. I hope this solves the issues with the mags because a reliable 9mm AR mag is really needed.

rob_s
09-20-07, 05:33
Here's the comparison pics I took

I think the first one shows why the CP doesn't lock the bolt back; the follower is tilted at a strange angle and the tab on the back doesn't stick up high enough.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/DSC_1781Small.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/DSC_1785Small.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/DSC_1784Small.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/DSC_1783Small.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/DSC_1782Small.jpg

Neckbreaker
09-21-07, 21:38
Well, I got my two 9mm Cproducts mags back today and guess what? They still don't hold the BHO open. I am not sure what exactly they did to the mags but it appears to me that they did nothing and sent them right back to me. I am quickly losing patience with them and their repeated promises of making a great 9mm magazine that will work with all systems. I am convinced at this point that making a 9mm AR15 mag that will activate the BHO on all systems is just an impossibility and that different mags or followers will be required for each system. The saga continues...

The Archangel
10-03-07, 14:50
I have been running the Cproducts mags in my RRA system without issue.

C4

I have a RRA upper with a 5" TROS 9mm Barrel. The BCG is RRA and so is the Mag Block Adapter. Will your CProducts mags work in these, or does it need the modification that they were talking about in this thread? Also are your CProduct mags the Gen II version that has the new followers?

I would like to place an order with you if that is the case.

Thanks,

Nick

C4IGrant
10-03-07, 14:53
I have a RRA upper with a 5" TROS 9mm Barrel. The BCG is RRA and so is the Mag Block Adapter. Will your CProducts mags work in these, or does it need the modification that they were talking about in this thread? Also are your CProduct mags the Gen II version that has the new followers?

I would like to place an order with you if that is the case.

Thanks,

Nick

They should work just fine in your weapon.

C4

LonghunterCO
10-08-07, 09:56
I have a RRA upper with a 5" TROS 9mm Barrel.

Help me out with a off topic question. WHat is the TROS barrel? I have seen a three lug adapter for a can that is added the the barrel. Is that it, or the the TROS barrel a whole barrel.

The Archangel
10-08-07, 15:42
Help me out with a off topic question. WHat is the TROS barrel? I have seen a three lug adapter for a can that is added the the barrel. Is that it, or the the TROS barrel a whole barrel.

http://www.title2.com/TROS.html

http://title2.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album02/5inl.jpg

http://title2.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album04/M16qd3k.jpg

Neckbreaker
11-13-07, 09:11
I got my replacement Generation II followers about 3 weeks ago. Since then I have put about 500 rounds through the 2 mags with the new followers and run them through a pistol caliber carbine match. I let various people shoot my SBR in the match and much to my surprise, they have worked flawlessly! The BHO activates every time and feeding has been excellent with no jamming. I guess CProducts has finally gotten these damn magazines to work. I will now acquire a few more and use them instead of my Colt mags.

rob_s
11-13-07, 09:28
Thanks for reminding me, I need to call CP today.

ABdriver
11-17-07, 16:43
I just tried out some newly purchased C-Products 32rd mags. Shot the mags right along with a Colt 32rd mag. I was shooting my Colt Sporter 9mm and the mags worked great. No feeding issues and the bolt was held back every time. I'm very happy with the mags so far. I have to try them in the gun with a one piece block in it and see how they do.

blaster22
11-18-07, 15:39
Just got three 32's from 44Mag. Don't feed in my RRA with factory ball. Appears the carrier is rubbing the right side feed lip, slowing down the BCG. I'm gonna tweak and retest. Mags look great, but need to work 100%.

Madsmiley
11-20-07, 10:34
Anyone had to modify the C-Products 32rd 9mm mags??

New build..When mag is inserted till catching on mag release catch,it pushes up the bolt release. Looks like the slot for the mag catch on the mag needs to be about 1/4" higher..

SHIVAN
11-20-07, 11:05
Anyone had to modify the C-Products 32rd 9mm mags??

Re-read my post. I had to have C-Products modify the mags to work with a Hahn block.

Madsmiley
11-20-07, 14:52
Re-read my post. I had to have C-Products modify the mags to work with a Hahn block.

I just took a dremel tool to 2 of them..They seem to work now,will know for certain next week when I take it to the range..

chrismartin
11-20-07, 15:49
I just took a dremel tool to 2 of them..They seem to work now,will know for certain next week when I take it to the range..

Out of curiosity, what did you need to do and why?

Chris

Madsmiley
11-23-07, 14:09
Out of curiosity, what did you need to do and why?

Chris

Mag was sitting to high and would not allow the upper to close down on the lower..Needed to expand the mag catch hold somewhat for it to work..

TacDoc
11-27-07, 13:41
I placed an order at Midway for 5 C-prod 9mm 32 rounders (Midway return policy is unbeatable, just in case ;) )

How I can differentiate Gen 1 from Gen 2 followers?

Pics will be greatly appreciated.

rob_s
11-27-07, 13:44
I placed an order at Midway for 5 C-prod 9mm 32 rounders (Midway return policy is unbeatable, just in case ;) )

Good call ($3 off too!).

BigTinVA
11-27-07, 19:59
So what's the general consensus on these mags? Are most of you guys having good success with them...are they worth gambling on?

I currently have a RRA with an ASA top load mag block, but I have a Hahn dedicated top load block with bolt hold open on the way. I know the ProMags work well, but I want some metal mags that will hold the bolt after the last round.

Thanks!

Robb Jensen
11-27-07, 22:30
So what's the general consensus on these mags? Are most of you guys having good success with them...are they worth gambling on?

I currently have a RRA with an ASA top load mag block, but I have a Hahn dedicated top load block with bolt hold open on the way. I know the ProMags work well, but I want some metal mags that will hold the bolt after the last round.

Thanks!

Tim, one of my co-workers bought three that wouldn't run well at all (they slowed the bolt down). He did a little fitting and got them running 100%.

SHIVAN
11-27-07, 22:38
I haven't had a chance to re-run my 200+ round tests again, but so long as you have a direct contact to CProd, I would buy them again and more if I needed them.

If you buy them anonymously over the net, and don't have a good relationship with your dealer, or CProd, I would think twice.

They might not work with your particular setup and they may need some tweaking.

I think they are on the right track, but they a 1/2 notch below Colt SMG mags, IMO.

rob_s
11-28-07, 08:04
I'm in somewhat of a bind here as well. The availability of what I thought were going to be reliable mags is what led me to purchase a 9mm AR to begin with. Now I have a second 9mm SBR on the way, and a 9mm can for the SBR going through BATFE.

My call that was finally answered at Cproducts was completely useless, and despite whoever I talked to assuring me he would check on the whereabouts of my mags, I still haven't heard back in over a week.

I'm left with the choice of paying double for Colt mags (the new versions of which may be a gamble as well), deal (whether directly or indirectly through a dealer) with a company that has shown themselves to be wholly un-trustworthy and un-reliable, or ditch the whole 9mm project entirely.

Thanks Larry and C-Products. :mad:

TacDoc
11-29-07, 06:12
I'm in somewhat of a bind here as well. The availability of what I thought were going to be reliable mags is what led me to purchase a 9mm AR to begin with. Now I have a second 9mm SBR on the way, and a 9mm can for the SBR going through BATFE.

My call that was finally answered at Cproducts was completely useless, and despite whoever I talked to assuring me he would check on the whereabouts of my mags, I still haven't heard back in over a week.

I'm left with the choice of paying double for Colt mags (the new versions of which may be a gamble as well), deal (whether directly or indirectly through a dealer) with a company that has shown themselves to be wholly un-trustworthy and un-reliable, or ditch the whole 9mm project entirely.

Thanks Larry and C-Products. :mad:

Hey rob_s,

Any news about your C-prod mags? I'm building a 9mm AR project aswell: RRA upper, RRA ramped bolt (by ADCO), dedicated Hahn block and RRA 2 stage FCG (also have a regular FCG with DPMS hammer). The only mags I"ll have for now are 5 C-prod 32 rounders that I dont know if they have the Gen 1 or 2 followers :confused: . I'm concerned about my project and finding reliable mags. I DONT want to pay $60+ for Colt mags, in fact I began with this 9mm project to save ammo $$$ on the long run anyway.

Probably I wont need this gun to trust my life on it, but I have a STRICT personal policy: I dont own firearms that arent 100% RELIABLE.

Let us 9mm AR newbees know about your project status.

rob_s
11-29-07, 06:21
I won't have my SBR 9mm for at least a couple of months while the paperwork swirls around.

I'm probably going to order 2 more 32 rounders from Midway to try out in my Colt 9mm in the meantime. Not sure when I'll have the time to test out this combo though.

Lately I'm hearing better reports from the Promags than I am the Cproducts. :eek:

blaster22
12-01-07, 10:33
Spent last friday with 2 RRA 9's and 3 CProducts mags. By slightly lowering the magwell in my friend's 9mm, the mags worked 100%. Still had issues with mine, even after lowering my block. These mags are hit and miss in my book.

The $12 Promags work in every gun I've tried them in, 100%!

P.S. Both RRA were stock factory guns.

TacDoc
12-01-07, 16:31
Good call ($3 off too!).

Not so good. I received today my 5 32 rounders. They all have the first gen follower (no 9mm stamped underside).

The mag body fit in my Hahn dedicated is perfect. The follower seems a little funny to me. I still dont have my upper but the followers seem like too much front/upward tilted. Also they barely interfere with the feed ramp, just a little, nothing a fine grit sandpaper cant fix.

Anyway, I emailed C prods for new follower. Or should I call Monday?

Whats their estimated timespan to answer emails?

Or should I just return them back to Midway and order from another vendor?

Who has this mags in stock with 2nd gen followers and also have a return policy like Midway? ... just in case ;)

Suggestions and experiences are more than welcome.

On the good side, this mags are SOLID! I hope they work with my rig. At least I'll try my best before ordering Promags or Colts.

rob_s
12-01-07, 17:18
Please do call CP. If you PM me I'll even give you his cell number, so you too can get the surly response and rude attitude direct. :eek:

TacDoc
12-02-07, 07:48
Please do call CP. If you PM me I'll even give you his cell number, so you too can get the surly response and rude attitude direct. :eek:

Larry replied to my email yesterday (Saturday, the same day I emailed him) at night, not exactly at "business hours".

Give him a break (at least 9mm AR mag wise), he is trying to set the industries standard 9mm AR mag at less than half the price of a Colt. This very effort deserves some merit.

When you think possitive you get possitive results... ;)

rob_s
12-02-07, 08:08
I'm "positive" that I've gotten nothing but attitude and no return calls when promised. I'm glad to hear that your experience has been better.

CP is a company that evidently will never learn. They keep rushing things to market before they are really ready, bowing to public pressure I guess. They should have kept these mags under wraps for longer than they did, with much more extensive testing on their own before they even announced them, and then released them in limited quantities to known persons that would put them through their paces in various platforms.

At this point, I guess somebody drop me a line when they get their act together.

Dave.O
12-02-07, 08:47
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but, how do you tell the difference between 1st and 2nd generation followers.. thanks guys

TacDoc
12-02-07, 09:31
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but, how do you tell the difference between 1st and 2nd generation followers.. thanks guys

Check here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=351671

Dave.O
12-02-07, 09:40
Thanks for the info. I have 3 mags that are only 2 weeks old, and have the gen 1 follower..hmmmm

TacDoc
12-02-07, 09:45
Thanks for the info. I have 3 mags that are only 2 weeks old, and have the gen 1 follower..hmmmm

Check this also:

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=330

Dave.O
12-02-07, 10:21
Cool, thanks for the help....

davidp14
12-02-07, 13:32
I knida wish I would have read this post earlier. I just ordered 5 CP 32's for my inbound 9mm upper. I would have just waited until they had it all ironed out to buy If Id known there were so many issues.

I think Ill buy a couple of the promags just incase. Actually Ill make an experiment out of it and buy one colt (just ONE of tho$e!), and an uzi converted mag too.:)

mike benedict
12-02-07, 15:12
I got a couple of the C-Products 9mm mags. They do not work at all in my carbine.
every round there is a failure to feed/extract and they do not lock back either.
My carbine is 100% with Uzi mags and anything but Remington 115 gr ammo.

Mike

hatt
12-03-07, 01:42
I would have just waited until they had it all ironed out to buy If Id known there were so many issues.

9mm Pmags will probably be out before that happens.

rob_s
12-03-07, 05:19
I would have just waited until they had it all ironed out to buy If Id known there were so many issues.

Me too. I wouldn't have even bought the gun and can if I had known. Now with all the scratch invested I'm going to have to take the time to find SOMETHING that works. :mad:

SHIVAN
12-03-07, 09:52
I'm not sure how my contact got us squared away so quickly and painlessly -- but he did. I have yet to complete my evaluation, but 200rds was a good start.

Are you using vinegar or honey? :D

rob_s
12-03-07, 11:31
Are you using vinegar or honey? :D

Guess.;)

Neckbreaker
12-03-07, 11:41
My mags are still working fine in my Colt 6450 SBR after about 500 rounds through each. I have had only one failure to engage the BHO in all that time so I will probably be ordering some more of these mags. CP did send me two extra GEN II followers so at least I can replace the followers in any CP mags that I get that might still have the GEN I followers. I have another Carbine match on Saturday so I will report back on how they performed.

BigTinVA
12-05-07, 16:24
9mm Pmags will probably be out before that happens.
Does Magpul really have plans to make 9mm Pmags? That would be great!

TacDoc
12-07-07, 22:27
Received my 2nd Gen followers today (exactly 6 days after having contacted Larry by email). As stated before, the BHO feature is somewhat bigger and they have "9mm" stamped in the underside.

First, parts breakdown of my build:

RRA upper receiver
RRA bolt (ramp job by ADCO) I correctly stalked the (gas?) key screws.
RRA/Wilson 1/10 10.5" bbl
DD 10.0 M4 Rail
LCW lower receiver
CMT LPK
RRA 2-stage FCG (ADCO reliability upgrade) I chose a 2-stage trigger to keep the same trigger feel as my other AR's.
KNS pins (just in case ;) )
Hahn dedicated block
VLTOR Modstock
ISMI spring (better cycling than with the regular carbine spring and less felt recoil, at least in my gun. This ISMI spring does not cycle well in my Noveske 14.5 nor my LMT 10.5, even with standard buffers. )
RRA 9mm buffer

http://i19.tinypic.com/7y5s84j.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/6jf4v3m.jpg

The first range trip of this mags, and the gun aswell, was 2 days ago. The mags were tested with the 1st gen follower. The ammo used was WWB FMJ 115gr (100 rds), Federal AE FMJ 115gr (50 rds) and Winchester SXT JHP 147gr (20 rds). Only one of the 5 mags were having FTF problems with the last 2-3 rounds. The follower was getting stucked in the feed ramp (later discovered it was because of wrong spring orientation). All mags held the bolt open after the last round, exept a couple of times, but I was jerking around doing rapid fire and trying some bumpfire.

Today I received the new 2nd gen followers. Mags were dissasembled, springs correctly oriented (bent end towards the followers) and followers were smoothed/rounded at the very front lip (see next pic) with a 400 grit sandpaper. The surface was smoothed (not deformed) in order to prevent interference with the feed ramp.

http://i13.tinypic.com/6jf02m1.jpg

The ammo used in the 2nd range trip: WWB FMJ 115gr (100 rds), Federal AE FMJ 115gr (100 rds). Not a single FTF/FTE whatsoever. The gun performed flawlesly. The extraction pattern was at 3:00-4:00 about 12-15 feet away. All mags held the bolt open after the last round.

I was capable of 10 shot groups of 1.5-2.0" at 25yds benchrest all day long with WWB. Pretty accurate for my intended purpose. And the fun factor... I can't believe I waited that much to build a 9mm AR, this thing is amazing!

For now I'm pleased with C Prod 9mm AR mags and plan to buy a few more in the near future. I'm so happy with this mags that I have no plans to buy Promags, Colt or modified UZI mags, at least for now.

Note: this is MY experience with this mags, C Products LLC and my rig. This is my first 9mm AR and I have no experience with other 9mm AR mags.

Next range trip: Gold Dots, Wolf and CCI Blazer ammo :eek:

davidp14
12-24-07, 14:40
I ran 250rds of WWB 115gr 9mm through my 5 32rd Gen I mags today.
They fed fine, no FTF's or FTE's
The BHO did not work.
Ive got some kind of issue with my mag catch though, a couple of times the mag just fell out on the last round. I told the guy next to me that was my "last round indicator".:rolleyes:

LukeMacGillie
01-26-08, 16:39
Any recent news?

Colt is of course having trouble supplying mags in large enough quanity to support our operations.

Im looking for something that will at least allow stateside training to be done, and keep the Colt factory mags for folks that might actualy use them.

SHIVAN
01-26-08, 18:33
My 12 mags have gone an additional 250rds of Special-K through an SBR 9mm.

No malfunctions, and BHO operates 99.99999% of the time.

If you have a reliable contact with C-Products, I believe they can make these mags as reliable as COLT's 32rd 9mm mags.

LukeMacGillie
01-26-08, 19:24
I will try and contact them on monday. If you have someone you know there, give them a heads up that probably the last federal agency that uses the Colt SMG is going to call them regarding mags;)

C4IGrant
01-27-08, 13:33
I will try and contact them on monday. If you have someone you know there, give them a heads up that probably the last federal agency that uses the Colt SMG is going to call them regarding mags;)

Colt has apparently switched to this mag.

C4

mike benedict
01-27-08, 21:08
I bought a few and they did not work so I sent them back and they sent me new gen II mags.
The new mags don't work any better. I get failure to extract/eject at least 6 times per mag. My carbine is 100% with modified uzi mags or Colts

So I don't know what is up

C4IGrant
01-28-08, 08:08
I bought a few and they did not work so I sent them back and they sent me new gen II mags.
The new mags don't work any better. I get failure to extract/eject at least 6 times per mag. My carbine is 100% with modified uzi mags or Colts

Are you using the RRA mag block?

C4

mike benedict
01-28-08, 08:37
I'm using a Hahn buffer. (I mean block)
Does the RRA buffer work better with the C mags?
I would not mind buying a different buffer if I knew it would work

Mike

C4IGrant
01-28-08, 08:40
I'm using a Hahn buffer.
Does the RRA buffer work better with the C mags?
I would not mind buying a different buffer if I knew it would work

Mike

Buffer? You mean mag block correct?

I do know that the Hahn block required some extra filing of the mag followers.

I use a RRA block with my CProducts mags and don't have any issues.

C4

mike benedict
01-28-08, 08:45
I will ask around when I get back from the SHOT show and see if I can borrow one for a day to try it out.

Thanks Mike

SHIVAN
01-28-08, 09:37

If you specifically tell them you are using the Hahn Precision block, they will correct their mags to work with that block.

mike benedict
01-28-08, 13:21
I told them I was using a Hahn block when I sent them back

Mike

buzz_knox
01-29-08, 15:14
Buffer? You mean mag block correct?

I do know that the Hahn block required some extra filing of the mag followers.

I use a RRA block with my CProducts mags and don't have any issues.

C4

Grant

On a somewhat related topic, how does the block work with the existing mag catch? I have zero time with 9mm conversions.

SHIVAN
01-29-08, 15:19
I told them I was using a Hahn block when I sent them back

Mike

When I got mine back, they work nearly perfectly. Only had a few occassions where the bolt did not hold open. However, that's to be expected with such low powered ammo as the Special-K.

C4IGrant
01-29-08, 15:46
Grant

On a somewhat related topic, how does the block work with the existing mag catch? I have zero time with 9mm conversions.

There is a hole in the mag block where the mag catch sits inside.

C4

buzz_knox
01-29-08, 18:39
So the block uses the regular mag release button? I'd heard that some blocks had a dedicated mag catch, which would detract from training as the controls wouldn't be in the same area.

Thank you.

Obiwan
02-09-08, 13:31
Anybody taken a good look at the new 9mm lowers from RRA

Seems like having it built that way is superior to assembling the parts

SHIVAN
02-09-08, 13:51

That's a fair assessment. The reason I did not buy a Colt or RRA 9mm lower was because I did not want to tie a $200 SBR stamp to a dedicated 9mm lower.

My 9mm setup is "dedicated", but if I want to I can reclaim the lower and it's back to 5.56, 6.8, 6.5, 50Beo, 458 SOCOM, etc...

Just my take on the dedicated, one use, lowers.

Wave
02-18-08, 09:44

I have one, received it for Christmas 2007. I did experience a problem with the stock buffer(I believe RRA uses a .223 buffer) causing the bolt to break my bolt hold open lever on a couple of occasions but after replacing it with a 9Q Heavy Buffer the problem went away.

In regards to the C-Products mags, I have (6) of the 32 rounders and have dumped over 4000 round of Speer 9mm GDHP thru them over the past two months without a hitch. I definitely need to acquire a few more.