PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 & Lone Wolf LWD-17THBLK Barrel Initial Mini-Review

SHIVAN
09-15-07, 15:56
So I recently traded for a G17, and had ADCO provide a threaded barrel extension for the factory barrel. Once I got it, I decided I wanted a 1-piece threaded barrel instead. :p

I purchased a blackened Lone Wolf drop-in G17 threaded barrel, directly from Lone Wolf distributors. Threads are 1/2x28tpi.

Service from Lone Wolf was quick and as described during check-out.

Fit of the barrel was drop-in perfect, unlike many other parts you buy online that are supposedly "drop-in".

I used 4 mags of 50rds of AEF9P American Eagle 147gr Subsonic flat nose ammo. Attached to the weapon was an AAC Evolution-9.

I experienced one failure on the second round of the session. The slide picked up the round but the slide did not fully seat the round into the chamber. I racked it out, and experienced no more failures of any kind.

The mags and gun had never been shot before, so I suspect the one failure was a product of a new, and tight gun and barrel/chamber.

In conclusion, for a budget minded Glock shooter wanting, or needing, a threaded barrel it seems that Lone Wolf can fill the bill nicely.

chillindrdude
09-15-07, 16:06
what did you not like about the adco threaded barrel extension?

SHIVAN
09-15-07, 16:09
what did you not like about the adco threaded barrel extension?

I don't see where I said I didn't like it? :confused:

I decided I wanted a 1-piece barrel. I still have the ADCO barrel, and will likely use it in the future, after I get some Rocksett to put on it.

M4arc
09-15-07, 16:19
Sounds good Shivan!

It's no secret that I am a big fan of Lone Wolf and their barrels in particular. I'm getting ready to order the same barrel as you for my G17.

k9dpd
09-15-07, 16:34
I did the exact same thing and am very pleased witht the result

one
09-15-07, 23:54
I've got one of the LW barrels for my subcompact 26 and have been happy with it.