PDA

View Full Version : Wolf in G19 Gen 4?

sabresbrs
03-03-11, 18:27
Has anyone tried Wolf in the Gen 4 Glock 19? How did it perform for you?

lil'Zeus
03-03-11, 22:30
worked fine in mine! I only shot a few hundred rounds though! I have never had a hiccup yet with any ammo! I have a G17 and G19 in gen 4. I have also shot some of the Tula junk steel stuff wally world has been selling with good luck. It is cleaner than Wolf IMO...

good luck

aflin
03-03-11, 23:24
I certainly do. Granted there is the occasional FTE, but for the price, it can't be beat

littlejerry
03-03-11, 23:31
I have an early Gen 4 19(purchased in August 2010).

200 rounds of Tula- 0 malfunctions/stoppages

~1000 rounds of Brown Bear - 0 malfunctions/stoppages

Despite the insistence of many I don't think there is an inherent flaw with the the Gen4 spring setup(I do not believe it is over sprung...). My theory is that there was an actual flaw with the spring assembly causing malfunctions, not the spring rate. This can be seen with the multiple iterations of of the Gen4 17 spring and less attention is paid to the 19(which has a counter bored slide).

Some people insist that Gen4 Glocks will only run with +P ammo but my experience(and others) show otherwise. While some early pistols may have had problems they are still designed to function with off-the-shelf 9mm from Wal-Mart.

durus5995
03-04-11, 04:07
I have an early Gen 4 19(purchased in August 2010).

200 rounds of Tula- 0 malfunctions/stoppages

~1000 rounds of Brown Bear - 0 malfunctions/stoppages

Despite the insistence of many I don't think there is an inherent flaw with the the Gen4 spring setup(I do not believe it is over sprung...). My theory is that there was an actual flaw with the spring assembly causing malfunctions, not the spring rate. This can be seen with the multiple iterations of of the Gen4 17 spring and less attention is paid to the 19(which has a counter bored slide).

Some people insist that Gen4 Glocks will only run with +P ammo but my experience(and others) show otherwise. While some early pistols may have had problems they are still designed to function with off-the-shelf 9mm from Wal-Mart.

A pretty good point to consider. Another is the fact that the way the Gen 4s have been selling it is possible to end up with a REAL early production gun still with all the problems.

sabresbrs
03-04-11, 05:18
Thanks. I am going to order some today.