PDA

View Full Version : Glock 17 RTF

Guns-up.50
03-03-11, 22:59
Im looking in to getting a glock 17 rtf. I have owned 2 glocks a 22 and a 17 both gen three. I liked them both but needed other things more. Im back on the market for another. My only problem with my glocks was it felt like a wet bar of soap in my hands. Other than that i loved them both. I know i can do grip reductions and stippling but this rtf cought my eye. Does anyone have any in-put or suggestions for me
Thanks for your time

Justin

Evan_O
03-03-11, 23:08
Im looking in to getting a glock 17 rtf. I have owned 2 glocks a 22 and a 17 both gen three. I liked them both but needed other things more. Im back on the market for another. My only problem with my glocks was it felt like a wet bar of soap in my hands. Other than that i loved them both. I know i can do grip reductions and stippling but this rtf cought my eye. Does anyone have any in-put or suggestions for me
Thanks for your time

Justin

Only input I could give is get it. Strike while the iron is hot, I've heard rumors that Glock is not going to be producing that many more except for LE orders.

I carry a G19 RTF2 for both duty and of duty and love the thing. I came from a standard gen3 17 and I too felt it was slippery at times. The nice thing about the RTF2 is you can always sand it down a little if you ever need but you can't add to it. I suppose you could stipple the frame or send it off but why when Glock has already made what I consider the best grip out there (RTF2).

dsg2003gt
03-03-11, 23:27
I agree with evan. get it while you can, i should start my job soon and when i do im going to pick up an RTF2 19.

beltjones
03-04-11, 00:07
RTF 2 is a fantastic frame. Also, people complained about the "fish scale" slide serrations, but functionally they're great. The fish scales effectively remove the saw teeth on the bottom of the slide, making "Glock Bite" a thing of the past.

Even if you've never been bitten by a Glock, you might as well take the possibility out of the equation. Believe me, it's no fun to look down after a course of fire and seeing blood all over your hands.

vigilant2
03-04-11, 00:56
Grab that RTF asap! I have 3 G19's (non rtf) and purchased an
RTF2 G19 complete new lower from Glockmeister on sale $199
to combine with my AA G19 .22 conversion kit to make a dedicated
.22lr glock. Well guess what ? I liked the RTF so much I swapped it
onto my main carry G19, and used the other lower for the .22 conversion. Now I'm in the market for another G19RTF2 before
they're gone.
FYI , get the RTF and add a $24 Grip Force Adapter and you'll
experience a "vise like grippable glock " with no extra effort needed
from your hands :D .

JHC
03-04-11, 15:42
+1 to all the aforementioned RTF love.

I've got Gen 2, Gen 3s and Gen 4s here.

The newest, a Gen 3 G17 RTF2 is a phenomenal shooting formula. It has fish gills too and I'd prefer them on every Glock.

jmlshooter
03-04-11, 16:21
Get the gills.

Try racking the slide when it's 100+ and you're drenched in sweat.

It's harder than you would think without the gills.

Guns-up.50
03-04-11, 19:47
thanks for the suggestions I talked to my smith today who said to get a gen 4. His shoots great i herd spring troubles with them anybody know

seb5
03-04-11, 20:32
As far as the grip feel goes it's good. If you carry it under a coat or jacket you will wear out your lining pretty quick. Ask me how I know? I bought a new Glock 19 and the dealer had a Gen 3, RTF, and Gen 4 all there for the same price. Because this is carried regularly concealed I went with the Gen. 4. The grip is a marked improvement to the Gen. 3 and the larger mag release is a nice touch. I don't care for the grip extensions. I will keep and shoot the RTF but it just became my house gun, car gun, or anything gun with the exception of concealed carry. By the way I like the fish gills on the RTF.

HETZ1313
03-04-11, 20:35
I wish my g32/23 had the rtf feature may just stipple it to ruff up the grip. Buy now and have fun

Guns-up.50
03-04-11, 23:14
I didnt think you were being a dick. Thanks for the help

beltjones
03-05-11, 13:16
It's just my own opinion, but the RTF craps all over the Gen 4. It has all the inherent reliability of the normal Gen 3, with a better grip and better slide serrations.