PDA

View Full Version : JMEL's Meltdown

M4arc
03-04-11, 09:01
All - I'm sorry you had to witness JMEL's epic meltdown in the AR Discussion forum. Obviously the guy is not firing on all cylinders or he was home sick from school today. Either way he's been banned and his temper-tantrum thread has been deleted.

Sorry guys, some people either can't help themselves or need to have their meds increased.

Back to discussing ARs.

C4IGrant
03-04-11, 09:17
Some people shouldn't be allowed to own guns or post on the errornet.

C4

kal
03-04-11, 09:27
wtf I missed out on some drama? damn it man......:suicide:

jklaughrey
03-04-11, 09:31
If he is having issues I hope he seeks help and gets his head right. Hope for the best for him in resolving his problems.

Jimbo45
03-04-11, 09:31
Was this the thread about .22LR conversion kit? That was something else right there.

M4arc
03-04-11, 09:36
Was this the thread about .22LR conversion kit? That was something else right there.

I honestly don't know what it was about but that's not the way to handle an issue. Starting a thread just to call out someone (regardless if they're a member, moderator, staff, IP, SME, LEO, etc.) will get you banned. Period.

If you disagree with someone or feel that you were wronged personal attacks are not the way to handle it. Let's be respectful, polite and professional. At the very least we should act like adults.

Jimbo45
03-04-11, 09:39
I honestly don't know what it was about but that's not the way to handle an issue. Starting a thread just to call out someone (regardless if they're a member, moderator, staff, IP, SME, LEO, etc.) will get you banned. Period.

If you disagree with someone or feel that you were wronged personal attacks are not the way to handle it. Let's be respectful, polite and professional. At the very least we should act like adults.

Absolutely. I asked, because I didn't recall JMEL being the OP in the conversion thread, and that one is gone. Just wanted to know if that was the one you were referring to.

JSantoro
03-04-11, 09:43
Nah, separate subject. THAT guy's got his C&D notice, but has a legitimate issue. He'll either start paying attention, or he won't.

The guy M4arc's talking about seems to get very upset when 'teh innernets' don't go his way.

Endgame: this is YOUR forum, in the Kum-Bah-Yah/community sense of the word. Mods and staff can't be everywhere at once, so use your Report button or PMs with links to direct us to the whackadoos. Us janitors will get to the pile of puke little Billy heaved up by his locker after eating too many Jelly Bellies.

Dammit, now I'm hungry...

M4arc
03-04-11, 09:48
Absolutely. I asked, because I didn't recall JMEL being the OP in the conversion thread, and that one is gone. Just wanted to know if that was the one you were referring to.

Oh no, he started a new thread, here in this forum with the sole purpose of calling out Iraqigunz. That kind of behavior doesn't fly here.

eternal24k
03-04-11, 10:21
it's almost like the thread contracted Barfcom syndrome or something... :suicide:
Glad things are cleaned up...

austinN4
03-04-11, 10:49
Oh no, he started a new thread, here in this forum with the sole purpose of calling out Iraqigunz. That kind of behavior doesn't fly here.
I saw it and it wasn't pretty. I sent some PMs to mods. Thanks for getting it down so quickly.

SWATcop556
03-04-11, 11:00
A prime example of the report post feature in action. Had no less than three mods and site staff all over his ass in no time without a huge disruption.

99% of the members make being a mod here easy but that 1% can shit in the pool and make problems. Fortunately our staff, mods, and members make short work of assholes and problem children.

Iraqgunz
03-04-11, 18:41
Unfortunately I am in training right now in beautiful VA so I missed the drama. I'm upset. :(

variablebinary
03-04-11, 18:49
I miss all the fun stuff. argh!

opmike
03-04-11, 18:50
Unfortunately I am in training right now in beautiful VA so I missed the drama. I'm upset. :(

I was on this damned forum for several hours non stop. Right when I decide to do something else, and leave, the drama happens. I missed it as well...

SteveL
03-04-11, 18:58
It's a shame you guys missed it. He pulled out all the stops.

Thomas M-4
03-04-11, 19:07
Yea I saw it just before it got pulled. He seemed to be a mighty bit ticked off at Iraqgunz:lol:

badness
03-04-11, 19:07
awww. I love drama. :D

oh well

Find ManBearPig!
03-04-11, 19:08
It's a shame you guys missed it. He pulled out all the stops.

So, what happened? I'm eager to know. I'm honestly not sure how I missed this...

Bowser
03-04-11, 19:56
Curse you Sony! I was playing with my PS3 and missed all the fun.

Dunderway
03-04-11, 21:07
This was the guy that already had one major meltdown when he thought that you could convert an M4 to a Midlength solely by moving the gas block forward and someone said that they were embarassed for him.

I don't know how he survived that little tourette-like outburst without being banned. This one must have been somehow worse?

SteveL
03-04-11, 21:49
This was the guy that already had one major meltdown when he thought that you could convert an M4 to a Midlength solely by moving the gas block forward and someone said that they were embarassed for him.

I don't know how he survived that little tourette-like outburst without being banned. This one must have been somehow worse?

I didn't realize that was also him. That's hilarious.

kaltesherz
03-05-11, 04:13

It's not very often that someone gets banned on M4C and gets their own thread apologizing for the offenders actions... I looked up that previous thread and yes, it was HILARIOUS to say the least. Too bad I missed the last thread before it was removed, we really should have a Hall Of Fame section to warn the new kids that this isn't arfcom and their shenanigans won't be tolerated.

txpatriot
03-05-11, 10:58
My take is that all posts and replies should be respectful as we are all here to learn and share our experiences.

Robb Jensen
03-05-11, 11:02
My take is that all posts and replies should be respectful as we are all here to learn and share our experiences.

This is the tone of the forum.

And when posters act like mouthbreathers they'll be treated as such.

Ed L.
03-05-11, 11:47
Wow, I had no idea what this was about when I clicked on the topic.

I thought this was about some obscure piston AR that bit the dust or some AR maker that I had never heard of that was going under.

Army Chief
03-05-11, 11:48
I really try to give every member the benefit of the doubt, and am normally very hesitant to lower the boom on anyone until I know for certain that he/she is truly a lost cause; in this case, however, the needs of the many clearly outweighed the needs of the one. Even if his point had somehow been valid, his approach was absolutely unacceptable.

AC

d90king
03-05-11, 12:14
Damnit, I missed the fun! Wish someone had reported it to me for entertainment purposes...:dirol:

warpigM-4
03-05-11, 12:21
Unfortunately I am in training right now in beautiful VA so I missed the drama. I'm upset. :( He was calling you out?????? You have helped me in so many ways and have always been respectful and spot on with the advice.I can't understand Why some people go off the deep end ,when they don't get the answer they want to hear instead of the RIGHT answer.

The Cat
03-05-11, 12:51

Is that thread still in existence? I've looked all over and can't find it.

austinN4
03-05-11, 12:56
Is that thread still in existence? I've looked all over and can't find it.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=72733

This is not the thread that got him banned but it is the one you asked about.

The one that got him banned is long gone, never to be seen again.

SlowSrt4
03-05-11, 13:24
Haha. Well he is gone now!

Thomas M-4
03-05-11, 13:27

First time seeing that one thanks for finding it.
The one that got him banned was way worse.:D

duece71
03-05-11, 13:30
The "failure to cycle" thread went south pretty quick, probably a little taste of what the banned thread was about. Sorry to see this happen.

The Cat
03-05-11, 14:25

Thank you :)

qcfmike
03-05-11, 14:59
Hello all. I am new to the forum and AR's but not too firearms. A couple of observations from someone that has read and learned a lot here. I think the majority of us enjoy and learn from the help and expertise that is offered on sites such as this. Not wanting to sound like I am defending the OP...as I am not... we all do need to use respect and common decency when interacting at all times... and yes some people should not own firearms or try "adjusting" anything on their own at anytime. I would like to give a constructive statement to the mods and senior members that keep this site rolling. I agree 100% with not making public bitch sessions out of problems...be it with a person or a mfg... you should try to resolve issues in a private forum and even if all else fails... badmouthing anyone or company will probably only make you look worst off in the situation. That said... asking for advice with such issues should not be frowned upon. That is one reason this place exists. We all just need to ask for the assistance we need in a proper way. With many here being experts in their fields... if can be frustrating to hear the same question over and over. Even though a search can find the answers in some cases... the people that are novices to AR's can have trouble seeing the answers when they are right in front of them. It sometimes seem you will spend more time knocking down the inability to search a result than it would have taken to just answer a legitimate question. Yes, you will say that one "dumb" or "easy" question will lead to 10 more...etc... but too the OP of that question... it's the most important one at that moment in time. There is a reason there are experts and non-experts in all fields. Respect should go both ways. Again...this is in no ways any support for the OP of the rant... after reading the gas block move plan....WOW! Enough said. Too the mods and sponsors and seniors around here... please take this comment with the utmost respect as that is what you will get from me...but I would like it in return unless I prove otherwise not worthy of it. - Michael

The Cat
03-05-11, 15:25
I don't see it that way.

AR novices will pretty much always ask the same questions - Lube? Is mine GTG? Ammo? Spare parts? etc. It's a pattern. (A GOOD pattern - they need to learn).

What I've seen every time a newbie asks a question is a very brief answer, followed by links to threads where that question - and most any other question they're likely to have - has already been answered in detail.

1) there's no reason to reinvent the wheel every time a question is asked, and
2) it reminds the newbie where all the answers are.

I work in academia. It's a proven fact that a person will learn more about a subject if they have to do a little research on it, rather than if they're simply given the answers.

El Pistolero
03-05-11, 16:11

That thread made my morning. I wish I hadn't missed the drama, sounds like a good read but I'm glad the guy is off this forum.

txpatriot
03-05-11, 16:59
I just read the post from JMel. All I can say is WOW.
I really dont think anyone could be that uninformed on the gas sytem and how it works.
I think he may have been just looking to stir trouble.
He deserved ban stick for that thread I can only imagine what was said in the new one.

K.L. Davis
03-05-11, 17:52
I read it... pretty much what I would call pillow talk ;)

Got your msg, glad to hear you got that before you left.

graffex
03-05-11, 20:35

That thread just made me urinate myself :haha:

Pumpkinheaver
03-05-11, 21:15
Wow that guy really doesn't like people that drive BMWs!!!!!!!

ra2bach
03-05-11, 21:35

hahahahha... I'm reminded of the simple dictum to never say over the internet what you would be unwilling to say face to face.

this whole persona smacks of of someone with, how shall I say it?... issues...

:suicide:

BrianS
03-05-11, 21:55
Couldn't we have all enjoyed the meltdown post like a fine wine before it was deleted?

With the stuff about the gas system in the other thread and the way he freaked out on the BMW guy I bet it was a good one!

opmike
03-05-11, 22:29
Any man who has that much hate for BMW, especially E46 M3's and E39 M5's is a troubled man indeed.

TXBob
03-05-11, 22:55
This may be a good time to remind the locals that you guys can be intimidating at times. Just be aware of that. Not saying in any way that contributed here. This guy was just an event waiting to happen.

Not saying that this caused this guy's meltdown, clearly there is a problem to fly off the handle in the manner in which he did.

I just know a lot of times I am completely terrified when I post that I may incur the "Wrath of the herd" Just trying to make some good come out of a disturbed individual's rants.

Now before the herd finds me, I'm back to my hidey-hole.

MOTRON
03-05-11, 23:29
I wonder if he has filled out his ID10-T form for the year.

One of the best things about M4C, besides the numerous experts and wealth of real world info is that if your shit isn't straight, it will be straightened rather quickly. As it should be. I don't have first hand experience with 30,000+ psi blowing through my hand but i'm sure it's not pretty, hence the reason for the "shit" needing to be straightened.

ucrt
03-05-11, 23:46
I wonder if he has filled out his ID10-T form for the year.

One of the best things about M4C, besides the numerous experts and wealth of real world info is that if your shit isn't straight, it will be straightened rather quickly. As it should be. I don't have first hand experience with 30,000+ psi blowing through my hand but i'm sure it's not pretty, hence the reason for the "shit" needing to be straightened.

===============================

I believe he has filled out more than one of those forms. Dozens probably.

The Cat
03-05-11, 23:56
I think, given the dumbassedness of what he did, the guys that responded to that thread exercised considerable restraint.

TXBob
03-06-11, 00:27
Indeed. Everyone was else very level headed. I don't want to come off too hard on anyone involved except the banned individual. I was just saying: You guys can be really intimidating. But also there is a lot of patience for us "lightweights"

Just trying to do my best to take things from 99.99% to 99.991% if I have a suggestion, however meager.

Thomas M-4
03-06-11, 01:16
In this thread http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=72733 Its fairly obvious that he doesn't have a basic understanding of the AR-15 system [ or at least that what he presents] . I am still scratching my head on how you can blow off the reverence of the gas port :confused:Any way no one should be preforming the job he was performing with out the very basic knowledge of how it works. We are after all talking about a tool that can kill or maim badly with ease. The basic knowledge of how it works is every were on the net. Has far as M4C being intimidating I don't see it being that way more like its for the intermediate to advance subject matter you don't have to know everything but you should now the basic's there is a a TON of info in the stickies that would keep most occupied for a week or more going over it.

BrianS
03-06-11, 01:18
The part where he was talking about having a gloved hand over the gas port while firing... what kind of heat and pressure are we talking there?

MistWolf
03-06-11, 03:55
The man isn't here and cannot defend himself

Army Chief
03-06-11, 06:45
The man isn't here and cannot defend himself

Agree.

JMEL's final post was blatantly offensive (as it was intended to be), and deserving of open criticism, but I don't believe that M4arc's intent when starting this thread was to initiate a no-holds-barred autopsy of everything the man did and said while he was here.

Again, that doesn't mean that any of the points made here are invalid, nor that JMEL's conduct was especially reasonable, but we stand to gain very little from gang-tackling a player who has already been ejected from the game.

Would appreciate your support in considering the matter closed, so we can move on to other things.

AC