PDA

View Full Version : Handguard Question...

darbn
03-04-11, 10:13
I recently purchased a Rock River Arms National Match A2. I love the look of the triangular handguards off the A1's. I was wondering if this style handguard would fit over the free float tube under the factory handguard on my rifle.

Kuiper
03-04-11, 16:17
From the looks of it, it could be done. Perhaps you need to do some fitting to the handguards. But I think it could work

rescueswimmer
03-04-11, 19:31
Double check the front HG retainer I believe its round not triangular.

bkb0000
03-04-11, 19:35
it's been done... does your float tube have a round or triangular cap, and is it replaceable?

darbn
03-04-11, 20:42
The handguard retainer is triangular and without taking off the front iron sight, I cannot tell if it is removable.

bkb0000
03-04-11, 20:50
The handguard retainer is triangular and without taking off the front iron sight, I cannot tell if it is removable.

well there you go. :)

i've never tried it, but it occurs to me that it's possible you'll need to retrofit the insides of the handguard. maybe, or maybe they'll just slip right on... either way, dont be afraid to do what you need to do to get them to fit.

darbn
03-04-11, 20:58
The biggest fear I have is having to pull the heat shield out of a brand new set of handguards and breaking them. I have read on an few occasions that the A1 handguards are fragile.

bkb0000
03-04-11, 21:04
The biggest fear I have is having to pull the heat shield out of a brand new set of handguards and breaking them. I have read on an few occasions that the A1 handguards are fragile.

perhaps instead of pulling/ripping them out, you could just zap the little tab things with a dremel... should fall right out, after that. do triangular guards have heat shields?