PDA

View Full Version : Good news from BCM

benw315
03-04-11, 10:24
Hey all!

Just in case you haven't noticed but would like to know, 14.5 LW middys are back in stock at BCM. They don't seem to offer the standard charging handle/bcg deal with it anymore though. I just ordered mine with a pinned BC1.5, auto BCG and gunfighter mod 4 charging handle. I cant wait to shoot it!

Ben

Jimbo45
03-04-11, 13:14
Bad news from Jimbo45:

They are sold out. Less than 5 hours, wow.

benw315
03-04-11, 13:20
Yeah, so there wasn't as much of a point to my post as I was hoping.

Quentin
03-04-11, 16:37
Wow that was fast! Guess those email notifications really work.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-04-11, 16:40
I just went to purchase and bam, sold out. I'll try next time...

JeepDriver
03-04-11, 17:21
I'm glad they sold out that quick. I can't afford to start another build right now !

mkmckinley
03-04-11, 17:30
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one on my way to work this morning and got a shipped notice before lunch. Those guys are good.

Heartland Hawk
03-04-11, 18:20
I used the "notify me" feature for a 16" middy I wanted to order but was out of stock. I got the in stock e-mail and didn't notice it for about 45 minutes. I logged on IMMEDIATELY and ordered it. I checked back about an hour and a half later...out of stock again. Damn! Mine was shiped that afternoon.:D

benw315
03-04-11, 19:46
Mine is still processing but that is probably from pinning the BC (I would assume). I also ordered a DD buis and H3 buffer (to combine with my H and make two H2s) from Grant today. I'm amazed at how quickly they sold out.

nimdabew
03-04-11, 23:17
I ordered 2 at 1015 PST, they were shipped at 1157 PST. Very fast.

C_Heath
03-06-11, 09:04
I checked "email me" and never got it. Ouch!

benw315
03-06-11, 10:10
I ordered 2 at 1015 PST, they were shipped at 1157 PST. Very fast.

What configuration did you get with yours? BC installed at all?

nimdabew
03-06-11, 13:00
What configuration did you get with yours? BC installed at all?

14.5", no options. I have a miter mount and a BC 1.5 that I am going to pin and weld on there myself. One is going to my friend, one is mine. This will be my light weight supressor host/taining gun. My RECCE will be a bit heavy at 10.7 pounds with mag and supressor for training classes anyway.

ETA: Front heavy. 10.7 lbs isn't all that much, but the balance is really poor with the supressor on the gun. 3 inches ahead of the D-ring and my support hand is only about 4 inches ahead of that instead of the normal 8 that I usually get without the supressor.

benw315
03-06-11, 13:42
Nice. Sounds like you have a good plan. I wish I could have a supressor here in MN.

The Cat
03-06-11, 14:35
Ditto on the above - ordered an upper (regular 16 inch M4) and it was shipped by lunchtime. Should get here tomorrow!

I made sure and told them that my order was directly due to things I'd read here on M4C.

ronbuick
03-06-11, 17:53
they might be good, but they sure do not answer their phone, so I guess I will never know as I had a couple of questions on products, had to buy from another vendor who did answer their phone and my questions on those particular products,, Oh well.

Ron

karlb
03-06-11, 20:36
My phone bipped me with the email alert while at the gas station Friday morning. I ordered it right there in the parking lot! Got the shipping notification 2 hours later.

benw315
03-06-11, 21:52
I'm hoping they ship mine soon. I want it! Should be able to shoot it in about 12 days if all goes well.

Ron, they answer their emails very fast. Next time you could shoot one over to them. Very helpful that way, just fyi. Where did you end up buying from?

ronbuick
03-06-11, 23:47
thanks for the response, but it is easier for me to talk to a human cause I needed to ask a couple of questions regarding some products, otherwise I would have just ordered by e-mail, thanks.

Ron

HD670
03-07-11, 06:23
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one on my way to work this morning and got a shipped notice before lunch. Those guys are good.

dam dude...ordering another rifle?lol..i still dont know what im going to get when i get back. pistol or a shit ton of ammo

most likely ammo cause im almost totally out

Birddog1911
03-07-11, 09:21
they might be good, but they sure do not answer their phone, so I guess I will never know as I had a couple of questions on products, had to buy from another vendor who did answer their phone and my questions on those particular products,, Oh well.

Ron

They are tough to get on a phone, but just email them! I was suprised when they responded to my email on a Sunday. Paul has the team very busy.

Snake
03-07-11, 09:45
+1. I had an issue with my upper and emailed Paul and he responded promptly. I asked about calling, but he said they've been busy and emailing them is actually easier than trying to call them.

RAM Engineer
03-07-11, 14:36
"Middy" :rolleyes:

rusdawg
03-11-11, 21:43
Anyone know when the next batch of 14.5 lw middys will be available?

Bobert0989
03-11-11, 22:00
Anyone know when the next batch of 14.5 lw middys will be available?

When we find out...

It'll be too late! :)

C_Heath
03-11-11, 22:36
I emailed them last week. Mid to late spring. Just add a hundy to it and get the BFH and be done with it. :)

cwgibson
03-11-11, 23:25
Just curious since I am new to the ar world; what are the advantages/disadvantages to the 14.5 with a permanent fh to the 16 in.

Steve S.
03-11-11, 23:42
Just curious since I am new to the ar world; what are the advantages/disadvantages to the 14.5 with a permanent fh to the 16 in.

its 1.5" shorter.

And its the length our military runs in their m4s. so theres some appeal factor there.

**If asking about pinning you have to do it on a 14.5" unless you want to register it as a short barrel rifle as an NFA item. By pinning the flash hider you get an overall length of 16" which is the minimum to be legal without the tax stamp. Pinning means permanently fixing the flash hider by drilling a small hole through the FH and into the barrel which is then welded together. The law is that it cant be easily removed.

rusdawg
03-12-11, 04:50
Do they offer a lw middy with a bfh? I haven't been able to find one.

ffhounddog
03-12-11, 05:01
BCM emailed me twice about my upper. I was looking for a LW but then I got an email from BCM giving me the weight differences of of lightweight and Hammer Forged (HF) and since my LWRC is HF , my G&R tactical carbine built (had a DD 7.0 laying around) on a DD 14.5 CHF lightweight is HF, and my FNX9 is HF I said bring it on brother. Only reason why I want a 14.5 is for my Gemtech G5 and since my parents home state you cannot have a SBR but you can have Suppressors I went that route. Now to get my Gemtech Vortex mount on it or do I want the standard...they have all three there at my hobby shop. Now my only upper that is not hammer forged is a Henderson Defense built with a Lother Walter 1/7 twist poly rifleing upper. I think I like quality a bit. (Yes LWRC is quality)

benw315
03-12-11, 15:06
Got to try out my new upper the other day. Sighted in the irons using an H buffer (m193 ammo), and decided to try out the H3. WOW that was much smoother than the H. I shot about 100 rounds of m193 through it then loaded a magazine with wolf to see if it would cycle. First shot, stuck case. Pushed out the case, loaded 10 rounds of brown bear (5 in two different pmags) and shot them. All 10 cycled well so I shot some more m193. I don't expect to be able to shoot cheap ammo when the gun gets dirtier though. My next order will include an H2 buffer.