PDA

View Full Version : So the newley elected Gov of NY want me to pay for my guns every year

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-04-11, 10:28
Well I'm just getting details about this right now but is seams my new gov wants me to pay a 25$ tax for every gun I own every year. Every gun owner will have to have a safe and they can do random home inspections to make sure all my weapons are secured.

Anyone else got any info on this topic. I dont see it going anyware but come on. The assistang Gov was the mayor of Rochester and before that its police cheif.

Jon

DaBears_85
03-04-11, 10:34
Did you tell him to go **** himself?

J

The_War_Wagon
03-04-11, 11:21
Did you tell him to go **** himself?

J

Seconded.

jklaughrey
03-04-11, 11:45
Maybe send him a bill for your services as a armed citizen capable of taking up arms in defense of the borders of NY!:D

Heavy Metal
03-04-11, 11:48
Poll Tax. Won't stand in light of recent Supreme Court decisions if it were to pass. This was made for a 1983 suit.

Business_Casual
03-04-11, 12:50
This is exactly the path the UK went down before confiscation.

B_C

THCDDM4
03-04-11, 12:56
Stand on your merits and fight this bafoonary!

Effing NY is going to hell so quickly, you citizens there need to start fighting the good fight soon, before it is too late and big brother comes for your guns...

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-04-11, 18:55
Ya I send out so many email sometimes its crazy. I make it a point to spread the word. I dont know what else to do?

DaBears_85
03-04-11, 20:14
Ya I send out so many email sometimes its crazy. I make it a point to spread the word. I dont know what else to do?

That's about all you can do at this point. You could try contacting the NRA. Although I don't know what that would do, as I'm sure they're already aware of the situation. Does New York have a State Rifle Association or its equivalent? You could see what they have to say.

J

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-04-11, 20:21
State rifle group im not sure. I hate to say I live here my wife is so sick of me bitching. She said we arnt moving just so you can have more guns I dont know what wrong with women these days.

ForTehNguyen
03-04-11, 20:30
sounds like they will know where all the guns are with this registration scheme

kal
03-04-11, 20:31
how the hell can they do that? How is that legal?

DaBears_85
03-04-11, 20:37
Deleted.

J

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-04-11, 20:41
Well I don’t think its going to go through but WTF over. How would they ever police it? The other new one is making everyone register their bikes because they are just riding around for free now come on we can’t have that FREE WTF FREE I don’t think so.

The new slogan is "Welcome to NY turns in your guns hand over your money and register your bicycle"

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-04-11, 20:43
I know, right?! Does she have a sister? Preferably, one that lives out of state? I'm just throwin' it out there... :D

No, I kid. Make sure she doesn't read this though, I don't wanna be responsible for you being put in the dog house.

J

LOL "Preferably" no just brothers

Mac5.56
03-05-11, 12:39
Effing NY is going to hell so quickly, you citizens there need to start fighting the good fight soon, before it is too late and big brother comes for your guns...

I will second that statement!

Mac5.56
03-05-11, 12:41
Well I don’t think its going to go through but WTF over. How would they ever police it? The other new one is making everyone register their bikes because they are just riding around for free now come on we can’t have that FREE WTF FREE I don’t think so.

The new slogan is "Welcome to NY turns in your guns hand over your money and register your bicycle"

Are you ****ing serious about the bikes too? This state is driving me crazy, and every day I am seriously wondering why I stay I here. It has actually kind of become comical to me at this point, but then I think about how it is actually effecting our lives.

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-05-11, 16:01
Are you ****ing serious about the bikes too? This state is driving me crazy, and every day I am seriously wondering why I stay I here. It has actually kind of become comical to me at this point, but then I think about how it is actually effecting our lives.

Yep you didnt see it on the news?

Preferred User
03-05-11, 17:50
NY Bike Tax withdrawn:
Olean Times Herald (http://www.oleantimesherald.com/news/article_ed81ae4e-46e8-11e0-a171-001cc4c002e0.html)

Democrat and Chronicle (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110304/NEWS01/103040317/Bill-require-bicycle-registration-dies-Albany?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CNews)