PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone offer turn-key custom Glocks with grip reduction, sights, etc?

Chris17404
03-04-11, 10:53
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a few new Glock pistols. Rather than having to ship them off to someone for a grip reduction (e.g. Boresight, Robar, Bowie), and install aftermarket sights/Vickers mag release myself, I'm wondering if anyone performs this full service. Are there any custom Glock gunsmiths that will do all of this for you before selling you the gun? Thanks for the help.

Chris

og556
03-04-11, 13:43
Check out scottsdale gun club's website. I believe you can order them with the frame modifications right through their website.

Ttwwaack
03-04-11, 14:17
Check out Bowen Tactical. He might be alittle swamped though due to a recent feature in a publication. Also check out Boresight Solutions I believe down in FL. Ben used to post some of his work here and see if he could fix you up.

okie john
03-05-11, 10:55
You could also buy a used gun that's had the work done. I'd be VERY leery of a used 1911 because there are so many half-assed people working on them and it's so easy to get them wrong, but Glocks are a different story.

Okie John

Don Robison
03-05-11, 11:29
Check with Cope Reynolds at Southwest Shooting Authority. He's done a couple of G21s for me and is another SI instructor so he can also send it to TSD to be fitted with an RMR if you want as well.

http://www.southwestshootingauthority.com/

ErnieB
03-05-11, 14:21
Check this out...

www.salientarmsinternational.com

snappy
03-05-11, 20:11
Check out scottsdale gun club's website. I believe you can order them with the frame modifications right through their website.

Yes you can. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and they had a cool display with a blue gun of each size Glock sitting next to the same size blue gun with their treatment done to it. Being able to handle and compare the stock and modified Glocks in each size back-to-back was great. The customized ones felt really nice, for what it's worth. :cool:

og556
03-05-11, 21:00
I wish someone in Northern Va offered these services. I would love an undercut trigger guard and beavertail on my 19.

I tried the gripforce adapter but it makes the grip so thick on the 19 it just did not work well for me after 200 rounds.

13MPG
03-06-11, 16:39
I wish someone in Northern Va offered these services. I would love an undercut trigger guard and beavertail on my 19.

I tried the gripforce adapter but it makes the grip so thick on the 19 it just did not work well for me after 200 rounds.

http://www.hatfieldsgunsmithing.com/
They are in Manassas VA. I have not had any work done to my Glocks there but I have heard good things about them.