PDA

View Full Version : Quick KAC rail ques for ar-15

kyrin88
03-04-11, 11:46
I would like to know if you can put a KAC urx 11 on a 16 inch m4 profiled upper with a lowpro gas block(larue?). If yes, where would I find one for purchase. It seems like you cant get them anywhere accept for BCusa on the 11.5bcm upper. Thanks guys

pointblank4445
03-04-11, 12:07
It should be fine. Operation Parts has a lot of KAC gear. Wes at MSTN can order KAC parts. I believe Knight's website now has a shopping feature. And I'm sure that KevinB or Casey @ Lawmen's can be of some service as well.

If you intend on installing this yourself, hopefully you can rent the wrench or have a knowledgeable person do it for you.

Belmont31R
03-04-11, 13:27
I would contact Gun Gallery in Jax, FL. They are a KAC dealer and do rail installs for free if you buy the rail from them. They do good work and have done several builds for me as well as factory KAC rifle sales.

If your barrel already has a FSB they can shave it down for you giving you a double pinned gas block. That costs extra but IMO its a better setup than a lo pro gas block just being set screwed in place.

Neil is the guy you want to talk to there. He was in the first Magpul carbine video...

kyrin88
03-04-11, 13:32
I would contact Gun Gallery in Jax, FL. They are a KAC dealer and do rail installs for free if you buy the rail from them. They do good work and have done several builds for me as well as factory KAC rifle sales.

If your barrel already has a FSB they can shave it down for you giving you a double pinned gas block. That costs extra but IMO its a better setup than a lo pro gas block just being set screwed in place.

Neil is the guy you want to talk to there. He was in the first Magpul carbine video...

Excellent! Thank you for the info, I will give them a call today to find out. This is good, because I live in Florida. If anyone has pic of this setup , please share.

jbo723
03-04-11, 14:39
Excellent! Thank you for the info, I will give them a call today to find out. This is good, because I live in Florida. If anyone has pic of this setup , please share.

I live around the corner from Gun Gallery and Neil is a good friend of mine and I would recommend them to anyone. I don't have a close up of the cut down FSP but, I used a DD gov profile barrel and Neil cut the FSP and installed the URX of this for me..

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Knights%20Armament/DSC_0195.jpg

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Gun%20Shit/IMG_6406.jpg

ALCOAR
03-04-11, 14:47
That death star is badass brother...cooool pic:cool:

that one there is setup exactly like mine w/ the GS mount M300A setup...you need to send me them panels, only thing I see that is missing.