PDA

View Full Version : Will a Larue low Micro Mount co-witness on an AK ultimak rail?

TriumphRat675
03-04-11, 14:20
I like the idea of having a QD option for the micro on my SLR. I am asking specifically here about the LT661. I called Larue and asked this question; they didn't know the answer. The gent answering the phone did mention the QD mount's compatibility with ultimak rails was hit-or-miss.

Has anyone tried this combo? If not I may give it a whirl and report back.

TOrrock
03-04-11, 14:23
My T-1 mounted directly with factory mount onto the Ultimak jusssst gives me a 1/3rd co-witness. There's not a lot of wiggle room.

Since it is a co-witness, and you can see through the glass and use your irons, why are you wanting a QD system?

Not judging, just asking.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=16457

TriumphRat675
03-04-11, 14:47
I actually based my current set-up on that thread.

My original reason for wanting to sub in the Larue is that I had a wandering zero with the factory mount. I recently loctited and witness-marked the screw and, although I haven't shot it since, based on what you and Cunningham said in another thread that should fix the problem. So I realize this is probably a non-issue.

Mostly though, I think QD is a nice feature and if I can make it work it's just what I prefer. I realize the likelihood of me needing a QD function to get a broken or dead optic off of my rifle in a hurry is about zero percent, but then again the likelihood of me ever really needing my SLR for any reason is about zero percent and that hasn't stopped me from jocking it up.

TOrrock
03-04-11, 14:50
Understood.

My experience with the stock mount is making me think that adding even a little bit of height to the optic is going to make it a no-go for co-witnessing.