PDA

View Full Version : Theft

kwelz
03-04-11, 17:58
I am so angry right now.

Today after leaving my LGS I stopped to get some food.
When I come out of the restaurant I notice glass all over the ground and think that must have sucked for whosoever car it was.

Well guess who's car it was. Yep that is right. MINE!

Someone broke out the window of the car and cleared it out. GPS, Cell phone charger, a bunch of other small things. And the topper, a bunch of packages of stuff I was going to put in the mail today that I had sold online here and on ebay!. Just lovely. So now I have to track everyone down and see what can be done about that.

The best part though. It isn't even my car. It is a rental!

FML.

Buckaroo
03-04-11, 20:02
Sorry to hear man!

I hate thieves :mad:

Glad it was not your car. Maybe your insurance will help out. The time my vehicle got stolen (while on vacation!) my insurance was really quite excellent and since I had both my homeowners and auto with State Farm they only charged me one deductible and paid for absolutely everything.

Good Luck

Buckaroo

ssracer
03-04-11, 20:05
That sucks. This is why I never leave ANYTHING visible inside the car.

kwelz
03-04-11, 20:15
Yeah I usually don't and the only thing showing really. I am just glad they didn't open my trunk.

Dunderway
03-04-11, 23:08
I feel for you. I've been boiling about theft for a while now. I really wish every state would go the way of Texas. After a year or two of us all going "Joe Horn" on everyone's ass, I think that we would see a positive effect.

jklaughrey
03-04-11, 23:17
Hey bro it might help if you would divulge the items stolen JIC the thief attempts to sell them on CL/Ebay or the gun boards!

kwelz
03-04-11, 23:22
Hey bro it might help if you would divulge the items stolen JIC the thief attempts to sell them on CL/Ebay or the gun boards!

Good point..

Aimpoint H1 in box with DD mount.

TA11 ACOG

S&W Lower Serial number to come later. (complete)

Magpul CTR stock

That is the gun related stuff.

Thomas M-4
03-04-11, 23:30
Aimpoint H1 in box with DD mount ,TA11 ACOG Ouch :mad:

Does trijicon put serial numbers on acogs?

jklaughrey
03-04-11, 23:31
Looks like we will be keeping eyes peeled for those items being sold out of Indiana. Chances are the thief didn't know what they stole and will be oblivious to their actual real worth so you could expect them to sell for low price or really high price. Either way they won't be priced competitively. The lower will be the kicker though since they would probably be unaware of FFL transfer policy.

Oscar 319
03-04-11, 23:40
Kwelz, sorry to hear that bro.

I hope that you reported the incident to police. Anything with a serial number can be listed on the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). If the the item/items are located or pawned anywhere in the United States, they can be identified and returned to you and the person in possession or transfering the item (pawning/selling) can be prosecuted.

Best of luck.....

SW-Shooter
03-05-11, 00:43
Who actually leaves high dollar items inside the car anymore.

I replaced a GPS once, now it gets pulled every single time I get out of the truck.

Check the pawn shops within a 2-3 block radius, thieves are lazy. Also craigslist if they industrious enough to own a computer.

kwelz
03-05-11, 09:38
I understand not leaving stuff visible. I usually don't either. Although GPS units are so cheap I don't really think of it as a big item anymore.

The packages however were my fault.

Had my rifle in my trunk but they didn't open it up.

jklaughrey
03-05-11, 17:29
Here is another resource you can use for the firearms with a serial number.

http://www.hotgunz.com/

Eric D.
03-06-11, 14:41
I've been strongly considering "theft proofing" my home and vehicle. Steel plates, bars, reinforced door frames, ballistic glass, the works.

So help me if I ever caught someone breaking into my car or home...

ST911
03-06-11, 17:13
Perp is likely some variant of a crackhead or punk looking for easily dumpable or pawnable items. Talk to the local property crimes guy and see what sort of pawn screening mechanism they have.

Buckaroo
03-06-11, 21:16
Just this AM we found a lock on our church equipment semi trailer about half way sawed through. This trailer has tens of thousands worth of sound equipment and such in it.

We might have an idea of who it is....

We are upgrading the locks this week and have further secured the doors we do not regularly use.

Buckaroo

Mac5.56
03-06-11, 22:27
I was once a victim of a theft, and I am really sorry to hear that you are too. Honestly though the only way you are going to get any of your property back is to be proactive about it on your end. Go to pawn shops on your own, but more importantly check Ebay, and Criagslist. The police will not do anything for you, they wont investigate it beyond meeting with you, and they sure as hell wont put any boots on the ground to try and find your property. The best they will do for you is give you a police report to submit to your insurance.

Good luck, and I am sorry you became a victim. Given your location I would be willing to put money on the fact that Meth was involved in some way. When my shit was stolen I found out through my own channels that the Meth dealers weren't even asking for money anymore regarding Meth sales. Rather, they were just accepting products in trade, thus cutting out the pawn shop. So, unless I wanted to invade the local dealers safe house I wasn't getting back shit back. Say good bye to whatever you lost, and contact your insurance company.

Avenger29
03-06-11, 23:18
Thieves are scum, for sure. Just slightly above murderers, rapists, and child molesters. I certainly wouldn't criticize someone who takes action against a thief.

They love to hit us. Fuel and batteries from tractors, tools, tires, scrap items...and hard to catch them in the act. Very hard.

The damndest thing is it seems like the law protects trespassers and thieves more than it does the property owner...

Abraxas
03-06-11, 23:38
Thieves are scum, for sure. Just slightly above murderers,

Oh I dont know, that really depends on the details of a murder;).

I ****ing hate thieves.

M4Fundi
03-06-11, 23:39
Do you think they have the LGS staked out and followed you from there?

kwelz
03-07-11, 10:00
Do you think they have the LGS staked out and followed you from there?

Doubtful. The LGS is an appointment only shop dealing in Custom weapons. Not high profile at all. And it is located quite far away from where I stopped to eat.

kwelz
03-09-11, 12:38
By the way, If anyone is reading this that purchased something from me. I am doing the best I can. I think I contacted everyone but am not sure.

I am still replacing stuff that got taken and working on getting people their stuff.

I swear this is the worst part. If it was just my stuff I would be angry but able to deal. I had well over a thousand dollars of stuff in my car that belonged to other people. I feel like crap that this happened :bad: Actually probably over 2 Grand. And I don't have the reserves to replace it all right now :(

BCmJUnKie
03-09-11, 13:00
I ****in HATE thieves...my truck has been hit 3 times. I have speakers in my center console, they ripped the dust covers off, the cone thing. Stole my camera, pics of my girl and I. Cds. I would give anything to get my hands on the little ****er. Sorry to hear about that happening man. Goodluck finding your stuff. I hope it works out for you

Mac5.56
03-09-11, 13:30
Have you been watching Ebay and Craigslist? Sounds like you had some pretty exclusive shit that would be easily recognizable.