PDA

View Full Version : Can YouTube videos be EMBEDDED? If so, how?

Rmplstlskn
03-04-11, 23:24
YouTube offers a way to embed the video into a forum post, but I cannot figure out how to do it here...

Can it be done or is it turned off?

Rmpl

DaBears_85
03-05-11, 01:52
I've been semi-curious about this as well. Have you checked the FAQs on YouTube? From a quick Google search it looks as though YouTube has some tutorials on embedding videos.

http://www.google.com/m/search?oe=UTF-8&client=safari&hl=en&aq=f&oq=&aqi=-k0d0t0&fkt=-1299310723155&fsdt=968&htf=&his=&q=How+to+embed+a+YouTube+video+into+a+forum+post%3F

J

ETA: I may have misread your post. Are you saying that you already know how to embed a video, but cannot make it work on M4C?

bkb0000
03-05-11, 03:53
i've never been able to do it, and i spent a whole evening researching how once... tried it like 6 or 7 different ways, nothing would work. i suspect a given board has the option to allow or disallow, and M4C disallows.

DaBears_85
03-05-11, 09:19
i've never been able to do it, and i spent a whole evening researching how once... tried it like 6 or 7 different ways, nothing would work. i suspect a given board has the option to allow or disallow, and M4C disallows.

That would be my guess as well.

J

Rmplstlskn
03-08-11, 11:35
Yes, I too tried all the code examples with no luck... It must be disabled here...

Other forums have a button that you click and it you put in the url. It usually results is a
code...

Not sure why embedded videos would be turned off... Site bandwidth maybe? Even if it feeds from youtube...

Rmpl

rob_s
04-02-12, 06:15
bump.

SteadyUp
04-02-12, 10:44
YouTube embedding has to be set up in the vBulletin forum software. You would see a YouTube icon amongst the other icons along the top of the post creating/editing box.