PDA

View Full Version : Carbine or H Buffer?

BikerBCM
03-05-11, 09:25
As soon as my Palmetto MOE lower parts kit arrives ill be putting together a Spikes lower. But I did have a question. This is going with a BCM M4 16" carbine upper. I noticed the BCM lower comes with the H buffer while my kit will have a carbine buffer. I have a BCM auto BCG. Should I use a H bufffer if shooting mostly 55gr ammo with some Wolf and Tula or will carbine buffer work for me?

BikerBCM

Hmac
03-05-11, 09:37
Try it and see. For the most part, a carbine gas system will work great with an H buffer and it will noticeably soften the recoil impulse. You would very likely find that your rifle would cycle an H2 buffer with no problem and maybe even an H3.

The carbine buffer will work fine. You may not like the recoil and it will be harder on the moving parts than an H buffer, but it will work.

Robb Jensen
03-05-11, 10:05
H or H2.

T-TAC
03-05-11, 10:14
The "H" buffer along with a Heavier full auto bolt carrier seems to have a much softer recoil and make the gun more controlable .

txpatriot
03-05-11, 10:43
I agree with Hmac. Try both and see which one seems to work better for you in your setup.
H buffers do seem to soften impulse better than standard buffers as stated on most carbine length gas systems

ssracer
03-05-11, 12:18
I've got an H2 in my 16" carbine with a BCM BCG and it runs wolf with no issues

Iraqgunz
03-05-11, 21:45
We have gazillion buffer threads already.