PDA

View Full Version : WY - "Constitutional Carry" APPROVED!!!

Irish
03-05-11, 16:07
Wyoming becomes the 4th state to recognize "Constitutional Carry" or permitless concealed carry of a firearm. It's a good day in America... http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/constitution/6559-wyoming-adopts-constitutional-carry-of-firearms

An important step was taken yesterday in Wyoming toward restoring the constitutionally protected right of Americans to keep and bear arms, as that state became the second in less than a year to enact legislation affirming the right of its citizens to carry a concealed firearm without a special government-issued license. Following adoption in the state Senate, the vote of the House in the Wyoming legislature approved the bill by a vote of 48–8 several weeks ago, and Gov. Matt Mead (photo, left) signed it into law on March 3.

Chaotica
03-05-11, 16:15
Congrats to those who live there!, i hope this turns into a growing trend, that suffocates the communistic policy of states like NY and NJ,.

To note i am not a resident of either but live less then 2 mins from NY with a PA LTCF, and would be nice to "Carry" regardless of where i may roam this day or not. Become is is a PIA to leave my "TOOL" at home, or to return home and secure it, if a situation directs me to that place.

QuietShootr
03-05-11, 16:23
Wait till our resident anti-carry douchenozzles show up to tell you how horrible it would be if everybody could carry a gun.

Irish
03-05-11, 18:35
Wait till our resident anti-carry douchenozzles show up to tell you how horrible it would be if everybody could carry a gun.

Sometimes I wonder what side some of our members are on.

ronbuick
03-06-11, 20:23
Idaho is working on the same thing per this weeks liberal Idaho Statesman which is Boise's newspaper.

Ron

bkb0000
03-06-11, 20:46
Sometimes I wonder what side some of our members are on.

i strongly suspect we have some thinly masked trolls among us.

hooray for WY... there's some people who have heads on their shoulders in that state. but i suppose its not hard to get shit done when there's only 6 people...

Zhurdan
03-07-11, 08:55
I've met and had lengthy talks with Matt Mead about gun rights and CC rights in this wonderful state. He's always been more than receptive to conversations and never in a hurry. He's a shooter himself.

The one thing that I'm concerned about is that most of these laws state that RESIDENTS of the state do not need a permit to carry concealed. So, does that mean they are going to do with permits and if so, does my reciprocity with other states go with it? Time will tell I guess.

Irish
06-30-11, 17:13
The new law goes into effect July 1. http://www.torringtontelegram.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&page=34&story_id=7389

Irish
07-01-11, 11:59
Concealed carry gun law goes into effect today. (http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/wyoming/article_968f59ca-f3f7-538d-a878-556d3aeb26c4.html)

Zhurdan
07-01-11, 12:17
Still renewed my permit to be legal in CO,UT,MT.

Matt Mead, a politician who actually DOES what he promised. (so far)

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-01-11, 20:58
Thats great for them thats one of my top five states to move to in 16 years.