PDA

View Full Version : Stickers where do you put them

Spiffums
03-05-11, 19:13
For those of you with soft cases for your long arms............. where do you put all those stickers that come with all the gear you buy?

ssracer
03-05-11, 19:44
Most of mine wind up on the back window of my truck....a few are also on the back window of the car

rob_s
03-05-11, 19:46
not a fan of "steal shit from this vehicle/case/house/guy" stickers. They go on our bulletin board inside the house.

khc3
03-05-11, 19:49
On my tool chest.

Thomas M-4
03-05-11, 19:57
On my tool chest.

Same here. Tool box or gun cabinet.

Caeser25
03-05-11, 20:31
Most go on my safe or a select few on my motorcycle helmet. I'd put up a pic of my lid but the connection on my phone for the usb took a dump a couple weeks ago and my contract isn't up until April. My camera took a dump last year. I can still take pics I just can't upload. :suicide: Good thing I bought that 8 Gig sd card.

chadbag
03-05-11, 21:06
Most are still in the empty box in the corner or lying on a workbench, shelf, etc downstairs.

I did stick a small "discrete" Magpul sticker in the rear window on the driver side of my truck, and a small "discrete" Magpul Dynamics sticker in the rear window on the passenger side.

militarymoron
03-05-11, 21:14
back of my gun safe door.

obucina
03-05-11, 22:56
on my ammo cans.

MistWolf
03-05-11, 23:27
I have a piece of plexiglass on the top of my rollaway I can put pictures etc. under. My stickers go there

Smuckatelli
03-05-11, 23:30
Garbage can unless the companies that I purchased gear from will pay me to advertise the product.

DaBears_85
03-06-11, 00:09
Grown men having a discussion about stickers? They're probably still inside the boxes they were shipped in or occupying a garbage dump somewhere. Although I think I might've arbitrarily placed one or two on top of my fish tank at some point. I can't really remember, I lost interest in the fish pretty quickly.

J

ST911
03-06-11, 12:01
not a fan of "steal shit from this vehicle/case/house/guy" stickers. They go on our bulletin board inside the house.

back of my gun safe door.

These.

Army Chief
03-06-11, 12:06
On the rolling tool chest in the garage.

I prefer weapon transport cases to be as nondescript as possible. The only thing worse than advertising the fact that you are carrying weapons is to make sure everyone knows that you only invest in premium-quality hardware that is actually worth stealing.

AC

mhanna91
03-06-11, 12:08
Well you gotta put your BCM gunfighter sticker on your rifle stock, but all the others are on my laptop.

03-06-11, 12:10
What Rob said. I'm not going to pay to advertise for a company nor will I advertise to thieves. They go into the garbage.

jsebens
03-06-11, 12:17
On my booze refrigerator in the basement.

jklaughrey
03-06-11, 13:00
I usually pass them out to the Oly/Bush/M1S guys at the range in hopes that they will get a ****ing clue and sell their paperweight for a more serious platform. Or I just leave them at the registration desk for anyone to take.

On another note, let the "other guy" advertise and when SHTF you know who to take parts and ammo from!:p

warpigM-4
03-06-11, 13:14

This is the first thing I thought when I saw the title:laugh:

I have a friend that has all types of stickers on his truck and somebody thought MMMMMMM busted his window and now he is out a 1911 that he had in his truck..and what is the worst thing is that he was at work so it was a co -worker :mad:

jklaughrey
03-06-11, 13:16
This is the first thing I thought when I saw the title:laugh:

I have a friend that has all types of stickers on his truck and somebody thought MMMMMMM busted his window and now he is out a 1911 that he had in his truck..and what is the worst thing is that he was at work so it was a co -worker :mad:

If it was me I would post a flyer about selling .45 ammo cheap and see if you catch any "fish".

warpigM-4
03-06-11, 13:30
Outstanding Ideal !!!!!!!he did Put a reward up in the break room Board and the Shop he works at is On a Buzz. I think it is only a matter of time before something pops up .The bad thing Is they use the "Temp service" Guys on the BS work in the Shop and they think it could have been one of those guys.the parking lot is fenced in so it was somebody The Boss Has also sent a letter To the Temp service.

CoryCop25
03-06-11, 13:36
I have a pegboard in my shop that I put all the stickers on. I give the rest away. I do have a couple discrete stickers on my truck but I am afraid someone will assume that there is a weapon in my truck.

jklaughrey
03-06-11, 13:40
Outstanding Ideal !!!!!!!he did Put a reward up in the break room Board and the Shop he works at is On a Buzz. I think it is only a matter of time before something pops up .The bad thing Is they use the "Temp service" Guys on the BS work in the Shop and they think it could have been one of those guys.the parking lot is fenced in so it was somebody The Boss Has also sent a letter To the Temp service.

Find the temp that quit without notice and dish out some justice!:D

TehLlama
03-06-11, 14:00
Mine all end up on the back of my laptop.

Spiffums
03-06-11, 14:29
I like the board idea. I could even put some up in my office at church that way.

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-06-11, 14:47
door of my safe dont have to many

SteyrAUG
03-06-11, 15:40

Not to mention that it is an invitation for vandalism from your local Obama supporters.

mkmckinley
03-06-11, 15:57
I toss any gun related ones or put them on ammo cans so I can tell the apart. I do however decrate my pelican cases with lame, non- gun related stickers I pick up to make them look less desireable to would- be theives and to make it seem like they might not contain guns or valuables.

mhanna91
03-06-11, 16:10
Almost forgot, I put my Raven Concealment stickers on my Jetta, like anyone is gonna know what that logo is for anyways. They are pretty cool looking.

Oscar 319
03-06-11, 16:58
Mine all end up on the back of my laptop.

The lid of my old Toughbook was covered too.

SWATcop556
03-06-11, 17:07
Not to mention that it is an invitation for vandalism from your local Obama supporters.

Fellow deputy's truck was keyed at a traing class at the local college. Funny it was right next to his "Extremely Rightwing" LT sticker.

I have to admit I have a couple of descreet sticker on my Wrangler but it's not a daily driver.

Terry
03-06-11, 17:23
labtop, coffee mug

orionz06
03-06-11, 21:36
They are currently on the fridge, held up with small magnets. At some point something new will go up and they will disappear into a box and stashed somewhere.

mr_smiles
03-06-11, 21:40
Unless I'm getting paid to use a product I'm sure as hell not branding my shit I paid for with their name for free. :blink:

Mac5.56
03-06-11, 22:14
I have a single Magpul sticker on my computer alongside several other stickers done by artist friends of mine. Given my environment there is about a 1% chance that anyone that sees it will know what it is.

I love stickers and I put them wherever I can, but given our current environment I don't feel like having my car be a billboard for my gun ownership. Especially considering how stupid we have become as a populace in the last 10 years...

Mac5.56
03-06-11, 22:18

I'm not an Obama supporter, but I know several that can shoot really well. The 2nd Amendment isn't partisan, and the best thing supporters of the Amendment can do is stop making gross generalizations about people they may disagree with on one or two minor social issues, or one's party affiliation. You may feel righteous in your condemnation but you hurt our rights more then you realize with statements like the one you made. Considering your signature I don't think this fact is something you can't actually comprehend.

ST911
03-07-11, 10:15
I have a single Magpul sticker on my computer alongside several other stickers done by artist friends of mine. Given my environment there is about a 1% chance that anyone that sees it will know what it is.

I'll use various subtle or witty morale and product stickers from time to time, but only in "safe" environments populated by the like-minded.

Even when discreet though... My wife picked out a text-less Magpul window sticker on a Dodge Ram pickup one time, noting, "isn't that something you use?" Not usually dialed in to stuff like that, if she could pick it out, a more motivated person could as well.

Militant83
03-07-11, 22:13
On my tool chest.

+1 all of mine are on my tool box that houses all my firearms related tools on my bench.

glocktogo
03-07-11, 22:34
I have an MTM dry box I use to shoot matches (it doubles as a seat better than a shooting bag). They go on it.The only sticker I put on my vehicles is my gun club sticker, which has no markings that identify it as a gun club sticker.

Mac5.56
03-07-11, 23:59
Even when discreet though... My wife picked out a text-less Magpul window sticker on a Dodge Ram pickup one time, noting, "isn't that something you use?" Not usually dialed in to stuff like that, if she could pick it out, a more motivated person could as well.

Not disagreeing with you in that regard at all. But, I have decided that rather seriously to not live my life in fear of anything. There are so many variables to life, it really isn't worth worrying about something that small. While it may pose a very tine risk, it is no greater then me being a member of this forum, or speaking out in public about my right to the 2nd Amendment.

Rmplstlskn
03-08-11, 00:06
Besides a few on safe & tool box, I did put a euro-style (oval sticker) sticker on the back of my FJ CRuiser that said:

FAL
Fusil Automatique Léger

Most people have no clue what it says or means... LOL!

Rmpl

variablebinary
03-08-11, 04:20
I throw them in the back of the "stuff" drawer

RogerinTPA
03-08-11, 16:45
The cover of my notebook puter and "metal can" clipboard.

13MPG
03-08-11, 18:40
On the gun safe.

Dave_M
03-09-11, 11:51
I don't put them on my pelican cases. I have a couple of OD dry boxes which I use to store the standard cleaning gear that I like to put stickers on.