PDA

View Full Version : Fred Grandy fired for speaking the truth about jihad

Business_Casual
03-06-11, 09:46
http://www.aim.org/aim-column/did-muslim-lobby-force-firing-of-popular-radio-host/

He played Gopher and then was elected to congress.

b_C

montanadave
03-06-11, 10:46
Without knowing the substance of Grandy's wife's comments which got her shit canned (and precipitated Fred Grandy's resignation in protest), it's difficult to form an opinion one way or the other.

Anybody have a link to the transcript of what she actually said on the air that stirred this up?

And let's be truthful, TV and radio has nothing to do with the first amendment and free speech. It's a business and, if the owners decide what you say on their air is costing them listeners and ad revenue, you're gonna get the boot. I know, technically it's our air, but do we really want to start a Fairness Doctrine debate 'cause that dog's gonna bite back?

Don't like it? Put up the money, buy a radio station, and put whatever nutbag floats your boat in front of the microphone.

Business_Casual
03-06-11, 12:37
I listen to WMAL on the way to work - well, I did until now. Mrs. Fred was simply interviewing academics and experts on Sharia and stealthy jihad. She was very logical and professional.

B_C

Heavy Metal
03-06-11, 12:49
Don't like it? Put up the money, buy a radio station, and put whatever nutbag floats your boat in front of the microphone.

I think Air America failed a couple of years ago. That didn't work too well.